Thread: How you Look at your Ego, Super-Ego, etc

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How you Look at your Ego, Super-Ego, etc.

I think this is a fairly simple way to determine how you look at each of the functions in Model A. Of course, there is more to it than what I'm describing, but I think that this is a good rule of thumb to determine where each function fits in yourself.

Ego: These are functions that you value most in yourself. The function that you value most is your dominant function. The function that you value second most is your creative function.

Super-Ego: These are functions that you dislike the most in other people. Your PoLR function is the one that you despise the most.

Super-Id: These are functions that you value the most in other people. The function that you value the most is the main function of your dual.

Id: These are functions that you dislike in yourself. The function that you dislike using the most (but is still a part of you) is your last function in Model A.

This is my understanding of it. If I am wrong about something, correct me.

Jason

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always figured you would be more prone to disliking your 7th function than your 8th.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7th is worse than 8th imo. I'm not at all agressive, and I can do the interpersonal bond stuff well.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I think this is a fairly simple way to determine how you look at each of the functions in Model A. Of course, there is more to it than what I'm describing, but I think that this is a good rule of thumb to determine where each function fits in yourself.

Ego: These are functions that you value most in yourself. The function that you value most is your dominant function. The function that you value second most is your creative function.

Super-Ego: These are functions that you dislike the most in other people. Your PoLR function is the one that you despise the most.

Super-Id: These are functions that you value the most in other people. The function that you value the most is the main function of your dual.

Id: These are functions that you dislike in yourself. The function that you dislike using the most (but is still a part of you) is your last function in Model A.

This is my understanding of it. If I am wrong about something, correct me.

Jason
    Ego: I'm not sure if it's because my leading is such a part of me that I can't completely dissociate the function but I feel like I value my creative (Se) more than Ti. Though I sometimes criticise myself for not using Se enough. When people compliment/describe me though, Se traits would be the first things acknowledged.

Super-ego: I wish I had more Fi (role) just so I could understand people's attitudes towards me. Though the concern is there for Fe and Se reasons, I think? Ne (polr) is a source of irriation and distrust, though my appreciation for it appears when there's an obligation that I can't fill using Ti+Se and someone takes over for me

Super-Id: I am sensitive to Fe in the way that I feel my absolute best (and an extention of who I am) when it is present in favourable way. I say 'favourable' because I also distrust it a fair bit too. I have to admit that I do find it a bit fake sometimes and try to use Ti to find the 'truth'. I'm not so sure about what Ni does. My hidden agenda is to be certain and I haven't really understood what that means.

Id: I don't dislike these functions. Currently I feel like I should be using more Te but then I think to myself that it will always be 'there' and I can access it when the situation demands it. I get impatient when people talk in a Te-manner though...they give you the back ground and everything...argh. I feel a kinship with Si and I just feel 'natural' at it when placed in a Si problem based scenario.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Meh I think people are being nit-picky. I would say what you said makes a lot of sense generally speaking and is true. So, bravo.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Yeah more or less.

also...

ego - "I know"................> end-in-itself/goal of personal creativity
    superego - "I should"........> social obstacles to creativity
    superid - "I want"............> fuel for creativity
    id - "I can"....................> starting point of creativity
    ego - "I know"
    superego - "get dat shit outta here"
    superid - "I want"
    id - "whatever"

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me ...

ego: naturally
    superego: go away please
    superid: heaven
    id: if all else fails

I don't really despise my polr function. It makes me feel inadequate more than anything else. Or I think it's just missing the point.

I agree with the Id being functions that you most dislike in yourself. I was considering ESI for awhile and it made me want to forget about socionics because I felt so bad about using those functions. lol I don't mind them in ESIs or SEEs - just in myself.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    for me ...

ego: naturally
    superego: go away please
    superid: heaven
    id: if all else fails

I don't really despise my polr function... Or I think it's just missing the point.
    Same. I only "despise it" when it is being used to attack me in unhealthy situations and then I regard it as unjust, but most of the time it just seems to me like "Yeah, that's true, but..."

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I don't know that you consciously value your ego functions. . . they're just a part of who you are. It's how you deal with the world, and is so natural that you don't really think about them (particularly your leading).

I also don't think you have to dislike your supergo functions, they are simply the most foreign to you, they can have a strange fascination, but ultimately you see them as having little use to you. You don't want to have to use them, or be inundated by the use of them in others.

And you don't usually tend to dislike your Id functions in yourself, but more like they seem frivolous, non-essential, and it's annoying to have them expected of you, or to receive too much of them from others.
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Functions

See the chart near the bottom of the page. According to this chart, your first two functions are valued. However, you might be right about the fact that the subdued functions are not disliked. Nonetheless, how do you explain the difficult relations that result from dealing with someone with the opposite functions? If I remember correctly, even you yourself referred to ENTps as "con artists." That indicates to me that you dislike the use of their ego functions.

Jason

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent move by Diana and Glam.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Excellent move by Diana and Glam.
    Why do you think it's such a good move? (Or are you joking?)

Jason