View Poll Results: I've had most problems with my ...

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dual

3 6.00%
  • Identical

3 6.00%
  • Mirror

1 2.00%
  • Relations of Activity

5 10.00%
  • Semi-dual

4 8.00%
  • Comparative relations

8 16.00%
  • Conflictor

21 42.00%
  • Super-Ego relations

10 20.00%
  • Quasi-identical

8 16.00%
  • Contrary relations

7 14.00%
  • Illusionary relations

4 8.00%
  • Look-a-like relations

2 4.00%
  • Relations of Benefit

5 10.00%
  • Relations of Supervision

21 42.00%
  • ALPHAS IN GENERAL

6 12.00%
  • BETAS IN GENERAL

7 14.00%
  • GAMMAS IN GENERAL

6 12.00%
  • DELTAS IN GENERAL

4 8.00%
  • All types

1 2.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: With what type have you had the biggest relational problems?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being supervised always goes terribly for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to say supervisor, but we don't get into outright arguments. There's no fiery irritation. My boss is one - I'm just so tired of the perpetual misunderstanding. It's amazing. If we're deciding on a course of action, we have to clarify everything we say five times. I enjoy talking to him because he's a really intelligent guy, but I get tired of feeling that I've just said exactly the wrong thing. Like he's quietly thinking that I'm a frivolous airhead. Supposedly he does not hold this opinion of me... but 98% of the time it feels like it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Conflictor. Supervisor is okay in very small doses. I just know not to get any deeper with them and keep things as superficial as possible. Can't be all jokey and huggy and loveable with them.

Supervisee is OKAY too if we're doing a project together, as I feel comfortable performing actively in front of them more than any other type.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience, super-ego relations are the worst I've come across. Conflictors seem like such different people that their words don't seem to have as much 'bite'

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

comparative
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    I'm going to say supervisor, but we don't get into outright arguments. There's no fiery irritation. My boss is one - I'm just so tired of the perpetual misunderstanding. It's amazing. If we're deciding on a course of action, we have to clarify everything we say five times. I enjoy talking to him because he's a really intelligent guy, but I get tired of feeling that I've just said exactly the wrong thing. Like he's quietly thinking that I'm a frivolous airhead. Supposedly he does not hold this opinion of me... but 98% of the time it feels like it.
    really? more than ISTj?

i would say superego because there are misunderstandings AND clashes in how we act. every single damn thing. different approach to what should be done.

Next, probably comparative, if its in a situation where there must be conflict. I pretty much get along with everyone though until i decide to push on a particular issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't known a conflictor closely enough to say, really...I can imagine conflictor would be worse, but without actual experience I couldn't really vote for it, you know? I get along with my boss in general, it's just that I can't ever intuit what he wants. The misunderstandings are exhausting more than anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betas... looks like you are doing your job!
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    I pretty much get along with everyone though until i decide to push on a particular issue.
    yeah, precisely.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I haven't had many problems with my conflicts because, for one, I'm not around them often. Plus, whenever I am around them I treat them like my supervisee. An ISFp pointed out that when I was talking with an INFp, it looked like a conversation but neither of us were listening to the other person.

I don't get along with my quasi because he's my little brother. I can never get an ESTp to do what I want, and he can never get me to do what he wants. He tried to advise me on how to play a computer game, but I thought all his battle strategies were stupid. I'm just glad I'm the older one.

I have some problems with my activation (ENFp) too, but only with the one that's my dad. He wants the man to be the head of the household, but he's too wishy-washy to be in charge. He says to do something, and 5 minutes later contradicts himself. So I've learned never to obey him unless he repeats himself after several minutes.

Nice, everybody gets along with deltas!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

6.90&#37;
    6.90%
    0%
    10.34%
    6.90%
    6.90%
    44.83%
    13.79%
    10.34%
    10.34%
    6.90%
    0%
    6.90%
    48.28%
    0%
    17.24%
    3.45%
    0%
    3.45%
    208.34%? How's that possible?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Nice, everybody gets along with deltas!
    *raises hand* I know an ESTj, 2 ISTps, and an ENFp who can drive me up the wall.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    *raises hand* I know an ESTj, 2 ISTps, and an ENFp who can drive me up the wall.
    What's your type? (I know an ENFp who drives me up the wall. They shouldn't be put in positions over ESTj. He complains that I'm not doing enough woman's work because it's not my day to cook or I'm knitting instead of cleaning the house.)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your type? (I know an ENFp who drives me up the wall. They shouldn't be put in positions over ESTj. He complains that I'm not doing enough woman's work because it's not my day to cook or I'm knitting instead of cleaning the house.)
    I'm said over here to be ENFp. Whether that's the case or not....I'm not fully sure.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

208.34%? How's that possible?
    You can check multiple boxes.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE's I have a hard time with it seems. One in particular, who I considered SEI for for a second and then remembered how she was completely void of what I think of Si to be. I know its very general, but someone with Si ego would generally know how to make themselves comfortable right? Physically, aesthetically? And wouldn't show high signs of stress in those area's? Someone with Si-ego would just naturally be able to maintain that sort of thing, I'd imagine. And this person couldn't.

Not to mention, the other SEI's I know I generally get on with pretty well, with me occasionally getting squinting reactions to Fe outbursts, depending on my mood. Usually I'm pretty relaxed and am just surprised and humored by the silly outbursts...and SOMEtimes I'll attempt to use those tactics around different people to see how it works...I usually feel kind of ridiculous afterwards though and I just shrug it off by stating that I'm insane anyways, as if that explains away every weird social experiment I do.

It's hard to pick a relational one, seeing as I'm having a type crisis atm.

Umm, I've had slight issues with ESE's, but not from my being the one upset. They get upset with me generally. Feeling threatened and lashing out leaving me confused as to how they got to that point. I've only known 2 on a close basis....the others I typed off-hand, seeing as I used to see tons of different people daily...a lot of them returning (customers) so I'd slowly be able to pick more and more up about them.

I've had slight issues with SLE's when it comes to who is in the right when it comes to what ((I)) SHOULD or SHOULDN'T do or the right or wrong way to do it. We just don't seem to understand each others explanations of why each other is wrong...like it just goes completely over each others heads. I should mention that they don't tend to see it that way, and I admit I convince myself that I know what the mean too. We both end up thinking that we won, while the other lost. Both at the same time, lol.

I havn't had much contact with Delta types so thats hard to say anything about. I feel like I could potentially have issues with EII's, if they were too submissive. However, like I said, I don't actually know any....I just know random things I hear about them around here.

ILE's, we butt heads on ideas constantly, yet keep things pretty "light" about it and don't really hold grudges. If it gets sour, it's usually because I'm fed up and not in the mood for nonsense. Sometimes their random rants about strange far-out ideas bore the crap out of me, and I have 0 interest in the subject matter so I'll zone out and unintentionally ignore them while they are talking. I still really like them though, heh.

The types I don't really know any of are...LII, LSE, ILI, EII, IEE, SLI (well, I have quite a few online SLI friends but Im hesitant to include them because I havn't met them in person)...and I knew very few LIE, ESE, LSI.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had big fights with one activity, but I've had many hate-hate relationships with ESTjs and ISTps.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LMAO @ 'hate-hate relationship.'

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked my Conflictor, Quasi-Identical, Contrary, Supervisor, Supervisee, and Deltas in general.

My Activity, Semi-Duality, Super-Ego, and Illusionary relations are right on the divider, so I left them out...b/c I am an optimist (positivist).

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    Betas... looks like you are doing your job!
    Yeah everyone hates Betas, WTF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    I picked my Conflictor, Quasi-Identical, Contrary, Supervisor, Supervisee, and Deltas in general.

My Activity, Semi-Duality, Super-Ego, and Illusionary relations are right on the divider, so I left them out...b/c I am an optimist (positivist).

Yeah everyone hates Betas, WTF
    It sounds to me like YOU hate everybody.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    It sounds to me like YOU hate everybody.
    Yeah, you're right...I probably should have put the whole supervision ring on the divider.
    Last edited by Nexus; 10-03-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enfj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    enfj
    Really? Why is that?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of people here tend to type the people they don't like as beta, except for INFp's for some reason.....if you're cute and fluffy looking you are typed INFp or INFj
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    a lot of people here tend to type the people they don't like as beta, except for INFp's for some reason.....if you're cute and fluffy looking you are typed INFp or INFj
    INFJs are never fluffy. I like Betas for the most part but I have to keep ISTJ and ESTP at more of a distance. I like ISTJs for short periods of time. I think they are very interesting and fun to talk to. Its when we get into a day to day situtation that things start to go haywire. I never want to work for one again thats for sure. ENFJs and I always get along well but I tend to be more democratic and not so exclusive as they are and that annoys them when I invite someone who they consider a 'loser' to the party. If you tell them too much of your business they will try to run your life, so I have to be discerning how much to reveal. That of course makes them suspicious . My older sister is INFP and we get along great. We understand each others limitations so its cool. ESTPs I tend to have more of a problem with because they seem to be coming from a place I have never been. I dont really understand them and when I step into their world I am a complete fish out of water.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    super-ego relationships are my worst ever. the best relationship with a SEE is like "live and let live". i noticed if we depend on each other we become close and help each other.
    supervision is my second choice. there is no problem as relatives, but if we depend on each other or have something to share, conflict appears.
    i don't have problems with a Quadra in general, but i don't have long lasting relationships with Gammas. i enjoy teaching and learning from ILI and LIE and especially doing business with them.
    do you know about the SEE user liveandletlive? cuz...thats just funny that you said it that way if it's unrelated....
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I have the biggest relational problems with every type as soon as I open my mouth. I look like less of a jackass when I don't talk.
    I'm tempted to tell you that this is rubbish, but I sympathize highly with that....I mean...I REALLY sympathize... =\
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Diana's self-deprecatory humor felt genuinely human. I considered it a good 'Ha!' moment, not an invitation for advice and grandmotherly sayings she didn't ask for. Just let people be their natural loser selves once in awhile, jeesh.

But as always, YMMV.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request