Thread: How did you all end up in this forum?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just unhappy with my job in general, and at some point someone mentioned MBTTI, which I started researching and then stumbled in here...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all deltas use ekkoBSD or else die

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Do you study or work in any Socionics-related field, or are you just generally interested ?

I had a relational problem with my boss, and as my MBTI tests from work several years back told me I was an ENTP, I searched the Internet for information by typing "ENTP relations" and googled on. Suddenly I was lost in Socionics.
    I went through a portal to an alternate universe, and this is where I ended up.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all deltas use closedBSD or else die

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all deltas use frenzy BSD or else die

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another forum introduced me to socionics. I don't get out much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this place via a link on the Wikipedia article on Socionics.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all deltas use microBSD or else die

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha.. That is actually how it feels at times, yes....
    But really, I found it through a Google search for Socionics when I was investigating the differences with MBTI.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have no clue how i ever got here.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's kind of personal... but, let's just say I was very close to commiting murder a few years ago. I really disliked this one character, he really made me mad and seemed to take pleasure in it. I wanted to know what would drive a person to such madness, so, I looked online naturally. Eventually went from MBTI to Socionics through a link.

I still feel like choking him out.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    i have no clue how i ever got here.
    You're back??
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...as far as I rememmmmmmmber...first got introduced to the whole concept of personality types via an MBTI-esque BBC programme, somehow heard of MBTI and knew it was related to that (to this day I've no idea how or when I made that link...wouldn't surprise me if I just knew it in the back of my mind all along). Was linked to Socionics.com via a links site for MBTI sites (yeah, I know. But what do I know? Fuck knows). Eventually did a search for other Socionics sites, came across this one, stayed forever. Either that or I was beaten, locked up and chained here. One of the two.

EDIT: Oh wow, I've surpassed my 1000th post. Clearly this is a time of celebration or some such bollocks. Bollocks is one of those words that should be shouted in a quiet place at the right time. Such as a library:

*quiet library*

*a few books fall down making a bit of noise*

*someone yells "BOLLOCKS!!!" at the top of their voice*

*startled people look around*

"Mummy, what's bollocks mean?"
    Last edited by BLauritson; 08-11-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: My posts become even stranger than normal when I'm tired..
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay Kam is back!!

I dunno...a combination of all of the above, minus the murderous thoughts and minus Niffweed's comments pm

HI KAM
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in a forum?
    ILE - Ti.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't find the forum; the forum found me. There was a thread here on the topic of my journal, and an ENTp on a game development forum I frequented then threw that thread up in my face when I was trying to educate him about socionics. (he was trying to use the argument about my type in the thread as a means of discounting my understanding of socionics) I came in here and began testing out the beginning of the crosstype theory. Reception was mostly positive, and I stayed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took an MBTI test on a car forum and tested ESTJ... in the weeks to come I stumbled into this place. At first I thought it was pretty interesting stuff and then I figured I wouldn't like knowing it if I ever tried to. So I didn't. I probably wouldn't have stayed, but then I saw a picture thread and found that this place has some really hot chicks... I'm pretty sure it was a pic of jessica129 on here that actually got me to stick around...lol.
    About 8 months or so after coming here, I changed my type to ESFJ since it just made a bit more sense after learning a little about this stuff and taking a few people's opinions on the matter.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    all deltas use ekkoBSD or else die
    NO. Sensible deltas use OSes that work right out of the box, such as Windows XP. We've got better things to do than fix OSes build by technocratic nerds.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there ya go Jessica. Helping crackas stick around since 2002
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend sent me a link to an MBTI test. I tested ENFP, and then I tested my husband, and he tested IST but was almost tied for P and J, though reading the descriptions he sounded more like ISTP than ISTJ. So I was reading about ENFPs and ISTPs, and this one site said that we shouldn't get along very well and that I'd be better matched with an INFP. Which I thought was odd since we get along so well. So I thought, if this MBTI thing can tell anything about our personalities, it should explain why we have such an easy marriage and why we never fight, right? So I did some googling and stumbled upon Socionics, which seemed to accurately descirbe both of us and our relationship, and here I've stayed.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I ended up here to act as a decoy for the real Subterranean, as he gets stalked by lots of nutters.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I ended up here to act as a decoy for the real Subterranean, as he gets stalked by lots of nutters.
    and you just blew the whole operation
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I came here through mbti typings. I kept getting INFj a lot, but that seemed too pat, I think all nerdy introverts who spend a lot of time online get that, but I studied it in more depth and went through many phases of types. I didn't know what to think, and still don't. I think it's a nice hobby to reflect on relationships when you are bored and have nothing else to do, but I still can't help but think sometimes that it causes more psychological ills than it does to cure them. It's just a system that explains something that already exists, I wish it was a solution... for something, but it can't be that innately. And it just makes me sad because I wish it could be something that it cannot be. I want it to be like Jesus, but it is nothing- just more human perceptions that don't really have any true value and is going to start arguements and wars rather than peace & love & harmony that it indirectly and ever-so-insidiously claims to promote. What is the point of 'socionics' if not to make the world better? I want solutions. I want people to be healed. I want to peel back the web of complexities and look deep in the eyes of what is 'real' no matter how painful it is. I don't want something that just intelligently explains what is already there.

It doesn't seem to move in an actual direction, and so at its core it cannot be trusted, and has no soul. People get tickled that it can seem both 'deep & interesting' and also 'true' but it needs to shake people up more. I wish it was more entertaining. I wish it didn't abstractly describe traits in such a dorky, teacher 'duh' ish manner that makes me think at its heart, socionics never got laid.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    and you just blew the whole operation
    The real Subterranean is a real asshole to work for, so I've decided I don't really care anymore.

Unless I remember wrong, there was different kind of socionics site on this site before. And I had it on favourites, and came back to look at it after a long time, and it had turned into a forum.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    NO. Sensible deltas use OSes that work right out of the box, such as Windows XP. We've got better things to do than fix OSes build by technocratic nerds.
    all deltas use freeSBIE BSD or else die

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    all gammas use windows or else die
    that was back at windows 2.1, when windows was a visionary in computing. back then, all gammas did use windows 2.1 or else die.

it was also before linux was created in 1991.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    that was back at windows 2.1, when windows was a visionary in computing. back then, all gammas did use windows 2.1 or else die.

it was also before linux was created in 1991.
    All Niffweeds use Windows. Linux is already dead.

Pffff, you can't even write proper error handling!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking up the MBTI types of famous people, but using google to find resources on it. I was going through a period of introspection, reexamining my MBTI type and maybe finding others that I could use as a good reference to compare and contrast against. But that turned into looking up the personality types of the U.S. Presidents (since I had, interestingly enough, identified with William Howard Taft)

Which is when I stumbled onto this thread directly from google:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ead.php?t=7881

That's right. The first thread I ever saw on this forum was a thread by tcaudilllg. Which stated in part "I've concluded that the United States Declaration of Independence, as written by INTj-ESFp Thomas Jefferson, is an exemplary demonstration of INTj-XXXx belief."

Which, I've got to be honest, I didn't think much of.

I was more like "wtf are those symbols at the beginning of the thread?"

Which then led me to the front page of the forum, then the front page of the actual site. And I was like, what is this? It's using MBTI terminology, but it's not MBTI. So then I went through that Socionics Type Assistant, then typed as INFj through that. Which sort of altered what I had thought of myself (I thought I was an ISFJ at the time). So then, of course, I read more Keirseyan descriptions on INFJ. Then I started to understand more about what Socionics was all about, briefly lurked on the forums, registered, and then when it was approved posted my long intro thread.

So, this pretty much all happened within a few days.
    Last edited by tereg; 08-12-2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: ninja edits
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    yep
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your story, Tereg. It reminds me of my reaction when seeing all those squares and circles. I thought they were nerdy smilies.
    Those things freaked me out
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't remember exactly, but I believe that someone mentioned the Socionics system on an MBTI-related website, mentioning that it was different from the MBTI - which I wasn't aware of. I think from there, I went to Socionics.com and looked at the types to try and decide which one fit me best. I also searched various MBTI-related websites to see what info they had on Socionics. That directed me to Wikisocion. Then I decided to do a search for "Socionics forum." That lead me here.

Jason

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

discojoe joined....i was living with him and i was wondering what he was writing about all the time...and then i joined.

oh yeah, and all that interest in socionics and stuff yadda yadda
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying