Thread: Gamma commercial?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma commercial?

it seems pretty darn gamma to me... what do u think?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that commercial was pretty cool.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can sort of see Ni and Se, but I don't really see anything that tilts the balance between Beta or Gamma...maybe I'm missing something. I agree though, it was cool. Especially the fight with the dragon, well, insofar as there was one. I love dragons.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the animation is incredibly creative, i like.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Delta.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it is of any quadra in particular, but I can see Te+Fi, Si and Ni more easily. Maybe Delta would fit best overall.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9vWCKlseus

Yes. There's a bit of Ne in there, but it's mostly Se and Fi.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9vWCKlseus

Not sure of the quadra but it's really cute!
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    I don't think it is of any quadra in particular, but I can see Te+Fi, Si and Ni more easily. Maybe Delta would fit best overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    This is Delta.
    No. It's Ni-Se rather than Ne-Si. The nature of the dream - leading a fight to kill an evil enemy, and being voluntarily recognized as the leader by the companions around him - it's sheer Se + Fi, besides the very nature of it - the dream - being Ni focused.

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    I can sort of see Ni and Se, but I don't really see anything that tilts the balance between Beta or Gamma...maybe I'm missing something. I agree though, it was cool. Especially the fight with the dragon, well, insofar as there was one. I love dragons.
    What tilts the balance from Beta to Gamma is that there is little Fe, and no Ti, involved. It's purely about the personal achievement of one guy as concerns close individuals (his family and the knights). There is a bit of Fe, but it seems just a manifestation of Fi. There is absolutely no Ti.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Out of curiousity, what made it Gamma IYO?
    The overall theme is of a guy defeating the enemies of his closed ones - his family in "reality", and - so it appears - the limited number of knights in the dream. That is a Se theme; what makes it Fi rather than Ti it's that it's the defeat of a clearly "evil" enemy, the dragon, and with no hint that there is any structure, or ideology, at stake. if, rather than the dragon, it had been a sort of "neutral-looking" enemy army, then it would be more Beta.

Also, it's about the "victory" of one individual, that guy, becoming victorious as his own personal achievement, in a "single hero epic" way -- that is Gamma, rather than Beta. It's "selfish" in the Gamma way. For it to be Beta, there should be a hint of a "higher purpose" than just that particular guy.

However, the video has elements of all quadras: there is some Ne and Si in some scenes and the overall look; so, how all better commercials, probably it appeals to all quadras, for different reasons.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole "you can make your own way, you can do anything" theme is quite prevalent in Gamma (not that it never appears in other quadras). The beginning and end of the commercial focus on the guy as a family man (even though he was sitting on a throne in the middle of it), which makes it appear more Fi + Se as well, as Delta Fi tends to be more altruistic.
    SEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    The beginning and end of the commercial focus on the guy as a family man (even though he was sitting on a throne in the middle of it), which makes it appear more Fi + Se as well
    How does the focus on family values make it appear more Fi + Se?

as Delta Fi tends to be more altruistic.
    In which way? How is this guy's Fi less altruistic?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does the focus on family values make it appear more Fi + Se? I don't understand.

In which way? How is this guy's Fi less altruistic?
    Delta Fi tends to be more directed at... everyone... and Gamma Fi tends to be directed specifically at close friends and family.

Delta Fi also tends to be more humanistic and altruistic, while Gamma Fi has more of a fighting spirit.

Extreme examples to illustrate the differences:
    • Delta Fi: "Can't we all just get along?" or "We need to save the starving children in Africa." or "People who do bad things should be rehibilitated. Think of the horrible things that may have happened to them to make them that way. If we kill them, it makes us murderers, too."
    • Gamma Fi: "If someone hurts a person I care about, I won't go easy on them." or "People should look out for themselves and their loved ones." or "Someone who does stuff that's that bad shouldn't be shown any mercy. Think about how his victim's family feels. That person deserves to die."

Obviously Delta types care about their families, but I think they think of larger scale Fi as being more noble or admirable somehow while caring about your family is just a given. Gamma types are more likely to idealize family life and values while seeing larger scale Fi concerns as "just a given" (provided they don't conflict).
    SEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I can see your point Joy, I still identify much better with your Gamma Fi definitions myself.

Delta Fi tends to be more directed at... everyone... and Gamma Fi tends to be directed specifically at close friends and family.

Delta Fi also tends to be more humanistic and altruistic, while Gamma Fi has more of a fighting spirit.
    By these definitions I am definitely a Gamma Fi valuer.

I am still not an ethical type though and my Fi is supposed to be unconscious or whatever so maybe I can't make the proper difference in quadra viewpoints myself. (assuming your definitions are a valid measuring point)
    Last edited by Park; 08-19-2008 at 12:55 AM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I can see your point Joy, I still identify much better with your Gamma Fi definitions myself.

By these definitions I am definitely a Gamma Fi valuer.

I am still not an ethical type though and my Fi is supposed to be unconscious or whatever so maybe I can't make the proper difference in quadra viewpoints myself. (assuming your definitions are a valid measuring point)
    Yeah, I think it's more specific to the Delta NF's than the ST's.
    SEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think it's more specific to the Delta NF's than the ST's.
    What you are describing as Gamma Fi vs Delta Fi also reminds me of something I've had misunderstandings with my mother about. She's never been emotionally supporting to me and our family but she 's always been nice and good to everyone, like a fucking mother Teresa (excuse my language here), spreading her love and good deeds all around and letting herself being misused my others, instead of focusing her energy on her family and their needs. But maybe that's not an Fi conflict, but Fi vs Fe or something else...
    Last edited by Park; 08-19-2008 at 01:36 AM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram 2?
    SEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram 2?
    Most probably.
    Last edited by Park; 08-19-2008 at 10:26 AM.