Thread: Siblings

Creepy-

Default Siblings

If you have siblings, what are their types?

Do the intertype relations described by socionics match up with reality between you?

Did you and/or your siblings learn to adapt for better relations in cases where your types were not complimentary?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sister - INFj
    Brother - ISFj

My sister and I generally get along well, but we do fight sometimes because she wants me to basically take care of her - fix things, help her shop, etc. - and obviously I'm no caretaker. She has started dating someone I suspect is ESTj though. I'm hoping. Her last boyfriend was ENTp and that was a disaster.

My brother and I also generally get along well. Sometimes I think he's absolutely crazy and not seeing something completely obvious, but then I can see I'm annoying him and I back off. He's an adult and he can make his own decisions without my input. So long as I back off when my input isn't wanted, we get along fine. If we have problems, it's generally my fault.

Edited to add that my brother is also dating an ESTj. There's an ESTj-fest in my family. LOL.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother-SEI
    Brother- LII
    Brother-SEE
    Sister- ESE
    Sister-LSE

I'd say that the intertype relations are best observed between my two conflicting brothers, and are a bit more subtle between the rest of us.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother - Beta or Gamma
    Brother - I'm thinking INTj, but he's very young. Definitely Ti IJ.
    Brother - ESTp, also very young, but there's no doubt in my mind.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sister - EII
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an SEE twin sister. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure what our intertype relation is supposed to be, but our relationship itself is nothing special really. It's okay.

She wants to be closer or something, but I'm not interested.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister is EII. I've always felt that I had to protect, take care of, and push her.

My brother is ILI. I think the intertype relation makes sense, but probably much less so than other ILI's I've known.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother, I think SLI.

We get along.

It's like he's skill and I'm understanding. Other than that, we're deceptively similar.
    And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother - ILE

We have a non-relationship. It's not that we avoid communicating on purpose - we simply have nothing to say to each other. Since we have an ocean between us, we don't meet easily, and we haven't in the past 4 years. If there is a specific reason to communicate - or if we need to ask something etc - there is no animosity, but there is no "warmth" either. Any "small talk" is awkward and limited to hobbies. I respect, even admire, his abilities in some areas (he's always been way better than I in advanced mathematics and such) but on the other hand I think many of his life decisions were "wrong" (ie they seemed so from my PoV).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Cyclops

Brother ILI

We got on pretty well while growing up, then went through a phase of not communicating too well when I was applying a lot of my time to Si pursuits and he was pretty Ni, we didn't understand each other all the time during during this. We get on well now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sister - SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Brother - ILE

We have a non-relationship. It's not that we avoid communicating on purpose - we simply have nothing to say to each other. Since we have an ocean between us, we don't meet easily, and we haven't in the past 4 years. If there is a specific reason to communicate - or if we need to ask something etc - there is no animosity, but there is no "warmth" either. Any "small talk" is awkward and limited to hobbies. I respect, even admire, his abilities in some areas (he's always been way better than I in advanced mathematics and such) but on the other hand I think many of his life decisions were "wrong" (ie they seemed so from my PoV).
    This is precisely my relation with my sister. Which I described here. Since I consider myself SLI, my relations don't match up.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

brother--IEI

Always got along and still do get along really well.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother IEI. Get along great, probably closer than duality. There is only a year and a half between us so we were more like twins growing up. We have a very natural understanding about everything.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone in my family is SLI.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Brother IEI. Get along great, probably closer than duality. There is only a year and a half between us so we were more like twins growing up. We have a very natural understanding about everything.
    That's really cool. There were almost 4 years between my brother and I. Plus the fact that we were different genders. Still, we had that understanding and still do, which is so nice.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE sister who is 6 years older

She was a real wild child and drove my LSI mother absolutely insane. My father, an SLE, would dole out the punishment, but, being a bit of a rebel in his youth himself, he often had a hard time hiding his admiration for her bad behavior; which only further infuriated my mother. She also was a poor student and great natural athlete like my father.

As for our relationship, she took pleasure in antagonizing me and torturing me when I was young. She would do things like suffocate me with pillows or incessantly tease me about girls that she found out I had secret crushes on.

Our relationship really improved once I reached my teens. I admired the way she stood up to our parents, regardless of how foolish the intent and actual execution was. We bonded over music, and would listen to records and sing together in her room when my parents were out. She would also stand up for me and protect me when I was bullied. I came to really love my sister.

We have lived coasts apart now for the past 12 years and it has taken its toll on our relationship. We still get along, but we don't really communicate all that often.