Thread: Deltas rock

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Deltas rock

Share your experience of how hanging out w/ Deltas rocks here.

I started hanging out w/ an ENFp, ISTp and INFj and it's so easy to hang w/ them. Splitting checks is easy, picking bars is easy, and so on. I've never had an easier time making those decisions w/ a group of girls.

I really notice the difference. We started out at a very nice lounge with a big group of girls, and noticed that I think the main conflict we have with Betas, is that group dynamic vs. the individual one. We tried to split a check (from an expensive place) with an ENFj and ISTj and they wanted to split it evenly (even though some of us only had one $15 drink and they had ordered over $50 of stuff each). We all tried to pay individually (and you could tell the ENFj and ISTp weren't agreeing). They tried to draw us into the "group" plan, which kinda pissed us all off (though we didn't show it).

The Deltas ended up going out to cheaper places, getting random snacks, and almost going dancing but we then all fell asleep after getting into a small group in-depth discussion, lol. The Betas went home, though we invited them.

I thought it was funny how we end up gravitating towards our quadra. And how true socionics is.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I envy you
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, they really thought $50 each compared to your $15? nice.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Wow, they really thought $50 each compared to your $15? nice.
    Yeah. But we ended up downing $3 shots in a dive, lol.

Maybe us Deltas are cheap?

I want to hear other people's experiences too! How do you get along w/ Deltas? *all ears*
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Yeah. But we ended up downing $3 shots in a dive, lol.

Maybe us Deltas are cheap?

I want to hear other people's experiences too! How do you get along w/ Deltas? *all ears*
    My friends and I divide the bill evenly at times. It is done not to take advantage of others, but for convenience sake because of service tax.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW!! That's a mega story you have there!! Not.
    Beta extrovert from NF club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sticking with the food/beverage theme, when I was away with an IEE, SLI and SEI, we either ordered/paid individually when that was convenient, or just split the bill evenly when that was fair (the boys out-ate the girls, but it wasn't a big deal or anything). We had practically every single meal together for a week, and didn't have a single disagreement about it the entire time.

More recently, went away with an IEE and LSI. And promptly had a 3 day standoff about groceries, one major disagreement about eating, continual dissatisfaction with each other's eating habits and complete bafflement on two other occasions. It was miserable and annoying. I just didn't understand the LSIs refusal to eat, when we were doing a competition and I could hear his stomach rumbling during it. Which made me feel massively helpless and the IEE anxious, and given we were his team and also competing, we really could have done without that. And he says he likes dessert, but walked out of a formal dinner before the dessert course. He bought expensive specialty groceries which we didn't want (we asked for a couple of apples and a pack of chips, he comes back with belgian chocolate and crab dip and designer finger food and pastries), then refused to tell us how much it cost so we could repay him. So we ended up assigning a value to it and just shoving the money at him. Extremely frustrating and exasperating and so not what we needed.

I've never had difficulty eating out with IEEs - we seem to like similar kinds of restaurants, and splitting the bill is easy. I guess it's about being fair: if someone picked more expensive stuff, then they should contribute more. If we can remember the costs off the menu, great. If not, splitting it evenly is no biggie if it seems roughly fair. And it's not worth sweating the small change. *shrugs* It's just not stressful at all.

I don't know if this is a cultural thing, or a type thing, or just a girl thing, but I'm pretty happy to share my food. Like last week I was at a party, and we were at an ice-cream place, and a SLI with whom I'm friends, but not overly close to were both interested in the same option. So I suggested we just share a two-person serving. Which seemed to surprise some of the people around us. My IEE best friend and I are constantly taking each other's food/water/drinks, and when I've eaten out with two IEEs, there was a lot of 'mmm, this is a nice dish, try it'. Which I've noticed happens a lot less with non-deltas.
    allez cuisine!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm - I don't have any particular story about deltas, but I have a group of friends that is an EII-LSE couple and an SLI-ILE couple, and they're fun. I spent a week on vacation with them and one other person. We were in very close quarters and got along really well. And had a crazy good time overall. The only other people I'm *that* comfortable around are my sisters and best friend. I'd only met the EII-LSE couple twice before, too. Usually it takes me far longer to get to know people.

My other group of friends are two gamma dual couples and it has really nice energy too - but the energy comes primarily from them interacting... does that make sense? My particular personality remains more subdued and blends to match with them.

It is nice to have a group I can really be myself around...