0 0%
  • I'm ESFJ and an Evening Person

0 0%
  • I'm Alpha, but for some reason can't answer which I am

2 4.88%
  • I'm not Alpha and shouldn't be here.

6 14.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alphas - Are you a Morning or Evening Person?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alphas - Are you a Morning or Evening Person?

I have come to realize that I am a morning person. When I wake up, I'm ready to rock and roll and go through a whirlwind of accomplishing things, especially if I'm around other people.

I enjoy hanging out during evenings but it's not the same as that great feeling in the morning of being able to take on the world.

Are all alphas like this, or is it just NTs or one dual pair?

It seems like it would suck if one dual was a morning person and one an evening person.
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evening Person.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big-time evening person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose I enjoy mornings when I get 12 hours of sleep from 6 PM to 6 AM or so, but that usually doesn't happen unless I skipped sleeping the previous night

Are all alphas like this, or is it just NTs or one dual pair?
    It very well could be that all alphas that post on the internet under the name dilj are exactly like this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both... go to sleep late... wake up early... where's the option for that shit?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This kinda blows Phaedrus' theory that all rationals are morning people and irrationals evening people to smithereens.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    This kinda blows Phaedrus' theory that all rationals are morning people and irrationals evening people to smithereens.
    No, it doesn't. At least Carla and MysticSonic are clearly not INTjs. Both are definitely mistyped. And diljs cannot be an ENTp, because every ENTp is clearly a night owl.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm an Evening Person and I hate daylight, so I must clearly be a Perceiving type.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    I have never heard such complete bullshit in my entire life.
    There's a first time for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    "I am not an INTj because I go to bed late." What a classic.
    Every famous INTj has been an early bird as far as I know. Do you have a counter example?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phaedrus, you forgot Logos as well. Clearly he's not an INTj either.
    Maybe not, I'm not sure. The only members of this forum that I am 100 % certain really are INTjs are Tcaudilllg and Huitzilopochtli.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Thomas Edison was a night owl - do you think he was a rational or an irrational type?

Creepy-Cyclops

What about those who use stickam, I'd imagine that those who frequently stay on late would be night owls, hence P types, and vica versa for the J's, if the theory is correct?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I'm an Evening Person and I hate daylight, so I must clearly be a Perceiving type.
    Of course you are a P type. We already know that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure it's related to rationality or type as it is age.

when i was younger i was clearly an evening person. in college, i basically slept until two in the afternoon. then again, i worked in a bar all night.

but these days i'm a morning person, but not so much that i can get up before 6.

my daughter who is an esfj, has never liked the morning. my other daughter, entp, gets up early, likes the morning.

but right now i'd say i'm more morning than evening. i can't get much work done after lunch.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Thomas Edison was a night owl - do you think he was a rational or an irrational type?
    Based on that information only, I would of course guess that he was more likely an irrational type. He has been typed ENTp by some people, and I think he has been typed ESTj by some person(s) on this forum. But I haven't studied Edison's life in depth.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    i'm not sure it's related to rationality or type as it is age.

when i was younger i was clearly an evening person. in college, i basically slept until two in the afternoon. then again, i worked in a bar all night.

but these days i'm a morning person, but not so much that i can get up before 6.

my daughter who is an esfj, has never liked the morning. my other daughter, entp, gets up early, likes the morning.

but right now i'd say i'm more morning than evening. i can't get much work done after lunch.
    You can't change your inborn temperament. You don't seem to understand the relevant difference(s) between being an early bird and being a night owl.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I go through cycles, I like change. Sometimes I'm morning, sometimes I'm night.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deep night person.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    No, it doesn't. At least Carla and MysticSonic are clearly not INTjs. Both are definitely mistyped. And diljs cannot be an ENTp, because every ENTp is clearly a night owl.
    False. Phaedrus, this has got to be your most irrational, illogical, and unempirical method yet of typing people. The lengths you go to in order to protect this ridiculous theory of yours in the face overwhelming evidense of falsification would be a joke to any reasonable scientific community.

Maybe not, I'm not sure. The only members of this forum that I am 100 % certain really are INTjs are Tcaudilllg and Huitzilopochtli.
    You mean that they are the one only ones that fit into your little boxes of misconceptions concerning the LII?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    I go through cycles, I like change. Sometimes I'm morning, sometimes I'm night.
    No, you are not. Every person is born with a certain temperament with a certain day and night cycle that cannot change. You simply don't understand what it means to be a morning person or a night person. Why are people on this forum so stupid? Why can't you try to grasp the subject before you form an opinion about it?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. First, are you able to provide references to where it is stated in the type descriptions that being an early bird is prerequisite of being an INTj?
    I don't think it is stated anywhere. Why would it be stated somewhere? I am probably the first person that has correlated this phenomenon with the J/P dimension. But once you look closely at it, you will notice how extremely strong the correlation really is, and of course everyone must recognize its importance.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    False. Phaedrus, this has got to be your most irrational, illogical, and unempirical method yet of typing people.
    No, it's probably the most empirical method, but it is not infallible. There are probably exceptions to the general pattern, but the pattern is still very clear.

The lengths you go to in order to protect this ridiculous theory of yours in the face overwhelming evidense of falsification would be a joke to any reasonable scientific community.
    There is no overwhelming evidense of falsification. Even if you can find some counter examples, it is most likely a general truth that most INTjs are early birds. The empirical evidence strongly suggest that to be the case.

You mean that they are the one only ones that fit into your little boxes of misconceptions concerning the LII?
    You must be an idiot if you think that all the "INTjs" on this forum are correctly typed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    If you believed everything that was stated in the literature and nothing else, you would gain a better understanding of the socionic types. But that will never happen of course. You will stick to your ignorance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm maybe it's not type related then, or people don't know themselves well enough.

I think it's generally "cooler" to be a night person, but for me I discovered I just liked mornings better. However when I used to sleep all day because I was so bored, I thought otherwise.
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's probably the most empirical method, but it is not infallible. There are probably exceptions to the general pattern, but the pattern is still very clear.
    The pattern is spurious, your theory is doodoo, and you are clearly wrong in this matter.

There is no overwhelming evidense of falsification. Even if you can find some counter examples, it is most likely a general truth that most INTjs are early birds. The empirical evidence strongly suggest that to be the case.
    There is overwhelming evidence of falsification, but you refuse to accept it. The J/P dichotomy does not have a relationship with early birds and night owls.

You must be an idiot if you think that all the "INTjs" on this forum are correctly typed.
    I do not believe that all INTjs on this forum are correctly typed, but I know that you have serious erroneous misconceptions about INTjs.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am mostly a morning person, though right now I'm taking meds that have insomnia as a side effect. I like waking up and thinking about all the exciting things I'm gonna do with the day, perhaps a little like buying a lottery ticket and thinking of all the things you're gonna do with the money.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    Hmmm maybe it's not type related then, or people don't know themselves well enough.
    The truth is in bold.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pattern is spurious, your theory is doodoo, and you are clearly wrong in this matter.
    Nope. Three false statements out of three attempts.

The J/P dichotomy does not have a relationship with early birds and night owls.
    It certainly has.

I do not believe that all INTjs on this forum are correctly typed, but I know that you have serious erroneous misconceptions about INTjs.
    Nope.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post

I think it's generally "cooler" to be a night person, but for me I discovered I just liked mornings better. However when I used to sleep all day because I was so bored, I thought otherwise.
    If we're separating the times from the actual activities that happen during them then I guess it'd be hard for me to say. For me though nightlife > night = morning. I'd say most night people are the same way for the same reason though. It's just easier to maintain a consistent schedule so its very hard to go out nights and not be up late regularly.

I am definitely enjoying this morning though. I went out for a jog before it got to hot it was very nice... very nice. Birds chirping and shit, people waking up. The sun is out, its the best time to do something physical. That's not to say I prefer mornings though. Night is the best time to chill, relax. The temperature gets cooler so its more comfortable at least in the summer, and everyone just strts wanting to have a good time and ease their stress.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laziness is not type related. Get out of bed you bums.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    Laziness is not type related.
    False.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The truth is in bold.
    You should adhere to your own advice.

Nope. Three false statements out of three attempts.

It certainly has.

Nope.
    Incorrect.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized that I am not Alpha! Sorry for posting in a thread that asks a question of Alphas.
    That's ok Phaedrus! We all make mistakes sometimes.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting at 3:22 GMT +1 to prove my earlier statement.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    That's ok Phaedrus! We all make mistakes sometimes.
    Every one but me. I am every type. I am the new Messiah.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every one but me. I am every type. I am the new Messiah.
    Incorrect. You can only be one type. Do you not understand anything about Socionics? Do you really want to be an idiot? If not, why are you being one now?
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incorrect. You can only be one type. Do you not understand anything about Socionics?
    It is a proven fact that I am every type. Don't you read previous threads?

Do you really want to be an idiot? If not, why are you being one now?
    I want to be an idiot, but unfortunately it is impossible for me to be an idiot. No matter how hard I try to be an idiot, I inevitably fail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast