Thread: A friend of mine

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A friend of mine ...

Looks at you really intensely when talking about something serious - in an intentional way, like she's trying to determine what you're feeling, if you're understanding her. Often gets openly emotional about things she's passionate about, regardless of how well she knows the person she's talking to. Talks non-stop and very fast when she's interested in something. She's pretty easy to read emotionally - she intends to be polite, but it's pretty obvious when she's bored or when she doesn't like a person. She doesn't seem to pick up on other people's emotional signals very well. She can completely dominate a person's evening at a social event and not be aware when the person has had enough and is wishing to talk to other people. Physically affectionate. For all her talking, she's sort of shy and has a self-deprecating way about her.

What do you think? I'll try to find a photo of her.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Looks at you really intensely when talking about something serious - in an intentional way, like she's trying to determine what you're feeling, if you're understanding her.
    Well that sounds more like your interpretation of her motivations. So let us say, she looks at you really intensely when talking about something serious. Which does not help much, except perhaps a hint towards Se>Si.

Often gets openly emotional about things she's passionate about, regardless of how well she knows the person she's talking to.
    Well that is a big vague. Who doesn't get openly emotional about thing's you're passionate about? One implies the other. Still, I it confirms the general impression of a person who's more energetic, so either extroverted or of Se quadra. Or both.

Talks non-stop and very fast when she's interested in something.
    Aha. That again confirms the above. So, perhaps an extrovert of Se quadra, and EIE or LIE would fit nicely.

She's pretty easy to read emotionally - she intends to be polite, but it's pretty obvious when she's bored or when she doesn't like a person. She doesn't seem to pick up on other people's emotional signals very well. She can completely dominate a person's evening at a social event and not be aware when the person has had enough and is wishing to talk to other people.
    That is, again, your interpretation - but it could be LIE.

Physically affectionate. For all her talking, she's sort of shy and has a self-deprecating way about her.
    Apart from the "physically affectionate", which again is vague, I think that LIE fits. But it's not so much information.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Well that is a big vague. Who doesn't get openly emotional about thing's you're passionate about? One implies the other.
    Yeah, but in a way that suggests she doesn't have much control over her emotions.
    That is, again, your interpretation - but it could be LIE.
    My interpretation - yeah - that's all I can give you. I'm speaking from my experiences with her and observing her with other people.

She's also very artistic. Her artwork is abstract, from her imagination. She views her art as self-expressive. She writes dark poems. She likes talking about the spirit world and mystical stuff in general.

She's shy and doesn't say much in groups, even if she knows everyone well. She only gets animated in one-on-one discussions.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I was going to suggest ENFp to your first post, but she seemed Se valuing and still does. I don't know what to make of the pictures but she seems ENFj to me. Anything more you can say?
    Yeah, I think Se-valuing makes sense. I can't think of much else to add atm. I'll post later if I think of something.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-28-2008 at 01:03 AM.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

delta alpha type. likely enfp or esfj.
    asd

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, but in a way that suggests she doesn't have much control over her emotions.
    Hmm. =/. That might even be true, though I just think it's kind of... comical and a bit genuinely sad, that human emotion is still so difficult for people when we've come so far in technology.

What does being in control of one's emotions actually look like? Maybe for her, she is being in control of her emotions when she's being that way. I can't help but sound very emotional when I speak no matter how I try to hide it. It's not really outward, annoying in your face. lol I can still play poker very well, but the emotions behind them I can still 'neutralize' them for effect if need be (whereas you couldn't discern anything either way, but even if I'm emotionally neutral I'm still always emotional), the pure raw, emotion is always 'turned on' no matter what.

Reminds me of Annabell preaching about 'controlling your fear' then going scampering right into the hands of that Ubervamp. =D

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

likely enfp or esfj.
    Yeah, I agree.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Hmm. =/. That might even be true, though I just think it's kind of... comical and a bit genuinely sad, that human emotion is still so difficult for people when we've come so far in technology.

What does being in control of one's emotions actually look like? Maybe for her, she is being in control of her emotions when she's being that way. I can't help but sound very emotional when I speak no matter how I try to hide it. It's not really outward, annoying in your face. lol I can still play poker very well, but the emotions behind them I can still 'neutralize' them for effect if need be (whereas you couldn't discern anything either way, but even if I'm emotionally neutral I'm still always emotional), the pure raw, emotion is always 'turned on' no matter what.

Reminds me of Annabell preaching about 'controlling your fear' then going scampering right into the hands of that Ubervamp. =D
    I have no idea what you're referring to - "Annabell","Ubervamp"? lol Re control of emotions - yeah, I agree with you. It's refreshing when people don't feel inhibited in expressing themselves emotionally. I don't think it's a bad thing by any means. But you know how there are some people who are very emotional, but you feel like they're in control even while being emotional? You give me that impression. And then there's other people who seem to surprise themselves when they get emotional and get embarrassed about it - but can't seem to help it. I was just meaning that this girl seems to fall into the latter category. Not that I think she should be repressing her emotions or anything. (c: I find it refreshing personally.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something else which may or may not be relevant is that in interviews, she finds it easy to just be the person they are looking for. I asked her whether she adapts depending on what vibes she's getting from the interviewer, but she said no, it's more that she decides what image she has to portray beforehand and becomes that person. And apparently she just expects to and has always gotten every job she's applied for that way.

Also, she believes that she has strong manipulative abilities. She says that she was always the leader type in school, though she was "weird" - different from everyone else. Apparently she went from one set of beliefs to the other extreme, yet still was able to get those who looked up to her to follow her. She feels guilty now about some of the things she led others to do, even though at the time she was fully convinced and sincere in her beliefs. I guess she feels fully justified in trying to persuade people to her way of thinking, but also responsible for the welfare of the people that she unintentionally misled. Being a talented artist, she would use her artwork to express herself and her rebellion against the norm - e.g. in art classes she would technically fulfill the requirements of assignments while intentionally creating art that would shock and disgust people. She sees it as her mission in life to help people and to use her bad experiences to steer people in the right direction.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you've in essence described me and the only part that doesn't fit is when i did art in school, i *admired* the others who "rebelled" and expressed themselves more. i went more "by the book" to get the A grade but it felt very dead to me. everything else you describe about this woman is me.

i've been on a crusade to figure out how to express myself more and to help others too. hence, my website and other endeavors have been about self expression, not necessarily emotional but *SELF* or *SOUL* expression.

she sounds like someone whom i would very much like to be a close friend. she does sound like one of my close friends, but her emotional charge is just a bit much for me and she is a bit too emotionally manipulative for me. not bad, just i notice it in comparison to what i do. i have to take her in "doses."

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE makes the most sense from all you've written.
    k thanks :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    you've in essence described me and the only part that doesn't fit is when i did art in school, i *admired* the others who "rebelled" and expressed themselves more. i went more "by the book" to get the A grade but it felt very dead to me. everything else you describe about this woman is me.

i've been on a crusade to figure out how to express myself more and to help others too. hence, my website and other endeavors have been about self expression, not necessarily emotional but *SELF* or *SOUL* expression.

she sounds like someone whom i would very much like to be a close friend. she does sound like one of my close friends, but her emotional charge is just a bit much for me and she is a bit too emotionally manipulative for me. not bad, just i notice it in comparison to what i do. i have to take her in "doses."
    Me too with this girl. (c: So what's your current type hypothesis for yourself?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k thanks :-)
    Me too with this girl. (c: So what's your current type hypothesis for yourself?
    deep inside i know what my "type" is. it laughs at me "out here" in the human world trying to figure it out in human terms.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record, I've known some overly-expressive ESTps. But I don't think she fits the bill.

Yes, yes absolutely. I agree with the latter suggestion.

There's also something about a piece of music I'm listening to that makes me quite sure of that. But it's an overly subjective vibe I get from it.
    What - for dbmmama or my friend?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your friend, silly.
    I don't think ESTp would work - she's a real dreamy sort of person and ... and MEH, Idk ... but I think EIE fits.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The overall information now says EIE, I agree.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!