View Poll Results: Your MBTI Type is:

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

    6 54.55%
  • INTP

    2 18.18%
  • ENFP

    0 0%
  • ESTP

    1 9.09%
  • ENTJ

    1 9.09%
  • Other (Please specify.)

    1 9.09%
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: ILEs: What's your MBTI Type?

  1. #1
    Board philosopher or bored philosopher? jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ILEs: What's your MBTI Type?

    LII

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    These kind of polls are totally meaningless and does much more harm than good. Every single ILE in the whole world, without exceptions, is an ENTP in MBTT. The only thing that can be proven with such a poll is that people don't understand the types and that they look like idiots. It is of course stupid to believe that you can be some other type than ENTP if you really are an ILE.

  3. #3
    diljs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    These kind of polls are totally meaningless and does much more harm than good. Every single ILE in the whole world, without exceptions, is an ENTP in MBTT. The only thing that can be proven with such a poll is that people don't understand the types and that they look like idiots. It is of course stupid to believe that you can be some other type than ENTP if you really are an ILE.
    Disagree. The MBTT's emphasis on the "social" definition of extraversion resulted in my always getting INTP in MBTT.

    This was of course before I realized that I "need" people around me and enjoy them immensely and instead assumed "people don't like [my Ne], I must not like them either."

    MBTT is about external behaviors, while socionics is about information processing. People can process things the same way yet act differently due to a fantastic array of environmental and internal variables.
    ILE - Ti.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    Disagree. The MBTT's emphasis on the "social" definition of extraversion resulted in my always getting INTP in MBTT.
    That's a not too uncommon phenomenon, caused by the fact that you don't understand the meaning of the concept extraversion, which has the exact same meaning in MBTT as in Socionics. You confuse the symptoms of extraversion with extraversion itself. And you confuse your MBTI test result with your real type in MBTT too. They are not always the same thing.

    An ENTP friend of mine also tested as INTP when he didn't understand the correct meaning of the words "extraversion" and "introversion". But the fact that he tested as INTP doesn't mean that he has ever been an INTP. He has always (since birth) been an ENTP in MBTT and an ILE in Socionics. And that is true of every other ILE/ENTP in the world too.

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs
    MBTT is about external behaviors, while socionics is about information processing.
    No, that is totally false. Both MBTT and Socionics are about information processing, and both MBTT and Socionics are about external behaviours as well. There is no principal difference between these two theories in these respects.

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs
    People can process things the same way yet act differently due to a fantastic array of environmental and internal variables.
    No, they can't. Not in the sense that is relevant to the types anyway.

  5. #5
    diljs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see what you're arguing, and yes I do agree that an ILE is innately an MBTT ENTP.

    However my argument is that in practice, ILE's will get different results. Blah blah understanding of extraversion whatever, the way MBTI is worded generates different results for people who haven't researched what I consider a mostly useless theory.
    ILE - Ti.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    I see what you're arguing, and yes I do agree that an ILE is innately an MBTT ENTP.
    So, you don't disagree. Why do you claim that you disagree when you clearly don't? Don't you understand your own claims?

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs
    However my argument is that in practice, ILE's will get different results.
    Which is a TOTALLY irrelevant comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs
    Blah blah understanding of extraversion whatever, the way MBTI is worded generates different results for people who haven't researched what I consider a mostly useless theory.
    So you are an idiot who has an a opinion on a subject which you know nothing about? That's "explains" your idiotic behaviour, but it doesn't excuse it.

  7. #7
    diljs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're attacking me because you didn't understand what I said, that's insane.

    What type are you, like a gamma NT or something?
    ILE - Ti.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    You're attacking me because you didn't understand what I said, that's insane.
    No, I am attacking your false and idiotic beliefs. Get rid of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs
    What type are you, like a gamma NT or something?
    You know what type I am. I am the most hostile, aggressive, and critical INTp you can imagine.

  9. #9
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    You're attacking me because you didn't understand what I said, that's insane.

    What type are you, like a gamma NT or something?
    LSI. Accept it. It's a fact.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  10. #10
    diljs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    On second thought you've gotta be ISTj - my supervisory, lol. I can see why.

    I'm gonna go do adult things now like have a casual conversation without getting angry and attacking people who don't fit my irrational framework of "logic".

    Stay out of trouble, k?
    ILE - Ti.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    On second thought you've gotta be ISTj - my supervisory, lol. I can see why.
    No, you can't. You are an idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs
    I'm gonna go do adult things now like have a casual conversation without getting angry and attacking people who don't fit my irrational framework of "logic".
    If you don't accept the fact that I am an INTp, you don't deserve any respect from me. Deal with your idiocy.

  12. #12
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    No, you can't. You are an idiot.

    If you don't accept the fact that I am an INTp, you don't deserve any respect from me. Deal with your idiocy.
    Considering how little your respect is worth, he is better off without it.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Considering how little your respect is worth, he is better off without it.
    That's not my problem.

  14. #14
    diljs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    LSI. Accept it. It's a fact.
    yep, agreed.
    ILE - Ti.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    yep, agreed.
    No. How many idiots are there in this place? Is every Alpha an idiot?

  16. #16
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm an idiot.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  17. #17
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,938
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Is every Alpha an idiot?
    Is every INTj a night owl?

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Is every INTj a night owl?
    When will you accept that you are not an INTj, Subterranean? Do you think it is funny that you don't understand what type you are?

  19. #19
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,938
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    When will you accept that you are not an INTj, Subterranean? Do you think it is funny that you don't understand what type you are?
    Everyone knows from experience that you are wrong and you don't even know yourself.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Everyone knows from experience that you are wrong and you don't even know yourself.
    You are not an INTj.

  21. #21
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,938
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    You are not an INTj.
    What about INFj?

  22. #22
    Board philosopher or bored philosopher? jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    These kind of polls are totally meaningless and does much more harm than good. Every single ILE in the whole world, without exceptions, is an ENTP in MBTT. The only thing that can be proven with such a poll is that people don't understand the types and that they look like idiots. It is of course stupid to believe that you can be some other type than ENTP if you really are an ILE.
    What's your opinion on Albert Einstein, Phaedrus? Most Socionists consider him to be an ILE, while most MBTI enthusiasts consider him to be an INTP. What do you think?

    Jason
    LII

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    What's your opinion on Albert Einstein, Phaedrus? Most Socionists consider him to be an ILE, while most MBTI enthusiasts consider him to be an INTP. What do you think?
    He was definitely one of these two types. I can accept him as ILE, but I don't find the evidence 100 % conclusive.

  24. #24
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you ever get bored of this shit, you bureaucratic fuckwit?

  25. #25
    angelalala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this thread was hilarious to read, the ending was the best

    fuckwit, bahahaha

    (especially when you picture the guy in Ezra's photo delivering the last bit )
    ~*ENTp*~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •