Thread: Way to get to know your superego and conflictor

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Way to get to know your superego and conflictor

I recommend spending a lot of time with your lookalike. I think it introduces your polr in a way that is more acceptable to you. For example, if you are an INTj and spend a lot of time with an INFj, you will see the places where they are using your creative function that you would not do. In this way you can sort of simulate repressing your creative function as your superego and conflictor would do. By the way, I think interacting with your comparative type isn't as effective because you have the same program function (duh) but this means that you are not experiencing the repressing act yourself. People often learn more by experience.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting stuff there, mske.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

today I am hitta.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    today I am hitta.
    This may or may not disappoint crazedrat's machinations.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's really rather simple, and does not require any knowledge onn the basis of Socionics.

Understand that this person is as he or she is, regardless of how you may perceive them. Make a resolution to accept this, and take care of your own. Be of the mindset that it is not up to you to impose judgments of any kind, and take responsibility for your own attitude. If they do not reciprocate, just take care of yourself, and refrain from perpetuating the situation with a counterattack.

Basic rules of human conduct.
    And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlameReborn View Post
    I think it's really rather simple, and does not require any knowledge onn the basis of Socionics.

Understand that this person is as he or she is, regardless of how you may perceive them. Make a resolution to accept this, and take care of your own. Be of the mindset that it is not up to you to impose judgments of any kind, and take responsibility for your own attitude. If they do not reciprocate, just take care of yourself, and refrain from perpetuating the situation with a counterattack.

Basic rules of human conduct.

yes that is pretty simple. but it is addressing understanding them? I meant "get to know" as "partially understand". Perhaps it's not possible. But it's a different subject than respecting differences in your fellow human.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... Good point.

I think though that establishing a nonjudgmental mindset forms the base by which understanding may take place. I believe a lot of things that relate to this toppic,, which are perhaps too complex, and I will not go into detail unless prompted. But it is easy for me... to know people. And when I am in a certain place in me, it is not only easy to know them, but also to find the good in them. After all, they are really a reflection of some part of me.
    And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like with everyone else, you can get along with your conflictor and super ego if you are conscious that everyone has something of value. Value what they say, even if you don't fully agree with it. They will likewise be more open to you and conflict will be minimized.

But those relationships are to be avoided, really.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post

But those relationships are to be avoided, really.
    Yes. The fact is that we will come into contact with those people. Doesn't mean we have to get CLOSE to them. That's really where the conflict arises, isn't it? When you have to be together or work together at a close psychological distance.

I really enjoy my lookalike btw (SEI).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Yes. The fact is that we will come into contact with those people. Doesn't mean we have to get CLOSE to them. That's really where the conflict arises, isn't it? When you have to be together or work together at a close psychological distance.

I really enjoy my lookalike btw (SEI).

yes i agree, on all counts. and all dimensions.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(quote from a different thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    My superego and conflictor are about equal to me, though I', more likely to annoy my conflictor. It's my quasi who gets on my nerves the most.
    Excluding close relationships and interdependence, I'm much more likely to quarrel and fight with XEEs than with ESI. Since none of these 3 types (ILE, IEE and SEE) holds grudges forever, I can't say that our relationships have a certain direction, we bounce randomly between talking casual shit, stepping on each other's toes, freaking out and mocking each other.

To complete the Fi trip, with EIIs I virtually always get along well with, unless something requires exactness. Eg instructing them into doing something: like all Ne types, they always think you missed something and they try to "correct" it without telling you, though unlike Alpha NTs, they approach novel things like the ones they already know - for instance, in a new software, instead of assuming that a button you can identify by name will rather do something you don't expect, they assume it will do what you experienced in other sofware. Working with them is an endless loop: one fixes something, the other breaks something else . It's the same waste of time that I feel dealing with ESIs, but in an opposite manner: ESIs learn quickly and follow instructions exactly, but I can never teach them the idea in order to make their own workflow, all my instructions require an understanding of the principles (explanation) behind, not learning the exact procedure.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    ESIs learn quickly and follow instructions exactly, but I can never teach them the idea in order to make their own workflow, all my instructions require an understanding of the principles (explanation) behind, not learning the exact procedure.
    That's just dumb people, not ESIs.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why you guys think the intertype relations are so cut and dry. We have to think in real life terms here. Obviously your conflicter is going to make you feel uneasy at times. But, one of my closest friends is an SLI and yeah there are times that we don't really resonate, and I've wondered why we do get along so well. I think the enneagram is more useful than what most give it credit for. Both her and I are fours, so ultimately we do have alot of the same problems.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962