Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which types are most and least likely to be like this

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which types are most and least likely to be like this...

These two people are a married couple. They appear to be duals, but mirror or activity relations are possible. Between the two of them, they say that person A is more outwardly logical and inwardly emotional, and that person B is more outwardly emotional and inwardly logical... whatever that means. Also, see pics in later posts.

Person A:
    • Tries to be socially extroverted and cheery, but appears awkward.
    • Likes to think of him/herself as being financially adept, but has a tendency to buy unneeded "toys" (items for convenience or entertainment) if he/she's not sticking to a strict budget. Prefers to stick to a strict budget but historically has not.
    • Too forward/blunt for most people's tastes.
    • Very strictly adheres to religious doctrine.
    • Tends to be an extremist, whether it's in religion, hobbies, diet, etc.
    • Prefers to attempt to treat a serious and chronic degenerative condition through a strict diet than by using medicine. (He/she had tried the medicine and suffered side effects in the past. He/she uses the possibility of very serious side effects as a reason not to take the medicine even though there's a very low incidence of those side effects.)
    • When on an extreme diet, follows it to the extent of being underweight at times, but overall finds him/herself frequently cheating on the diet. When he/she gives up entirely, he/she tends to frequently overindulge in favorite foods.
    • Huge focus on obedience and hierarchy within family and religious structures. With children and pets, demands immediate obedience without question.
    • Someone raunchy but corny sense of humor.
    • Always worried that something bad is going to happen, even when there's no apparent reason to worry about it or nothing that could reasonably be done to prevent it. Tends to shelter children/pets to an extreme extent for fear that they'll be run over/mauled/molested/whatever.
    • Very sensitive to being a social outcast. Thinks that homeschooling is a good idea in part because "kids are so mean".
    • Wants to warm, friendly, personal, and easy interactions with people but isn't good at creating them.
    • Intensely loyal to his/her spouse.
    • Can be a very hard worker. Once he/she puts his/her mind to something, he/she works diligently until the task has been completed.
    • Tends to procrastinate on housekeeping. Lets papers pile up, then every few years spends a day cleaning up and throwing tons of stuff away. Lets dishes and other things pile up as well. I'm not sure how much this particular aspect of his/her behavior is type related, however.
    • Tends to make demands related to seemingly insignificant Si things... is not at all shy about asking waitstaff silly questions about food, asking them to bring it a certain way (not realizing he/she's being impractical), etc.
    • Thinks her desires are more important than other people's without realizing that he/she's doing it. Doesn't seem to realize it when someone really does not want to do what she's asking/suggesting. If they say so, he/she can't seem to understand their perspective on the matter.
    • Horrible tastes in clothes/furnishings/etc. but doesn't seem to know it. Wears clothes that are quite unflattering in both color and cut yet thinks the opposite.
    • Enjoys watching medical type things that most people would be grossed out by. Is fascinated by watching surgeries, exploratory procedures, childbirth, stitches, etc. Likes popping pimples and seeing injuries.
    • Tendency to have a somewhat loud voice, even in situations in which an "indoor" voice would be better.
    • Doesn't realize when he/she's being rude or insensitive.
    • Tends to be emotionally expressive/excitable.
    • Tends to make his/her pets psycho. That is, excitable and sort of neurotic.
    • Has no interest in pets that aren't affectionate. Wants children/people to be affectionate to him/her, but isn't good at creating an affectionate environment/moment his/herself.
    • Dedicated
    • Hardworking
    • Sincere
    • Cheerful
    • Not prone to emotional fits or rage
    • Open
    • Caring
    • Jokes and laughs a lot (loudly)
    • Honest (to a fault)
    • Generous (in tithing and with food, at least)
    • Shows genuine interest in others (though she does tend to be unaware of boundaries and asks questions that are too personal or bring up uncomfortable subjects without being aware of it)
    Person B:
    • Tends to be more quiet/mellow/calm/laid back than person A.
    • Very negative/pessimistic. This is the aspect of this individual that makes typing him/her hard. (What's depression and what's type related?)
    • In spite of his/her negativity, he/she tends to be more pleasant than person A.
    • Hobbies include things like making a working hovercraft, making trinkets, launching model rockets, and more recently, sailing. Is not an extremist about his/her hobbies like person A is.
    • Tends to just go along with person A's concepts of how things should be done, though at times warns person A that he/she's being too extreme.
    • Is definitely more bothered by the mess in their home than person A, but is less likely to do anything about it.
    • Cannot watch violent or depressing movies/TV shows or he/she gets really upset. Sometimes yells about how wrong it is when someone else is watching it. Has been known to storm out of movie theaters if the movie was too upsetting. This is also possibly not type related.
    • Likes watching nature/science documentaries, Pixar type films and other cute/innocent children's movies, and his/her favorite movie is/was Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.
    • Quiet/shy around people he/she doesn't know well. People who work directly with him/her love him/her, but people who don't describe him/her as standoffish.
    • Seems to like person A being "in charge". Neither of them seems to see it that way though.
    • Into conspiracy theories.
    Why is it so much harder for me to describe person B than person A? Anyways, if I think of anything to add to either description, I will.
    Last edited by Joy; 08-06-2008 at 02:00 PM.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

person B could be ISFp
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These people are hard to type. Person A because he/she has so many contradictory traits. Person B because person A is so hard to type.

And now to really confuse things: Their children are EII, LIE, and ILI. Of all of the parent/child pairs, the LIE and person B have the best/easiest/closest relationship. Person A seems to think that he/she and the ILI are the most similar to each other of all of the parent/child pairs, but I don't really see it.
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh my! okay, I'm at a complete loss.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE/IEI

?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    SLE/IEI

?
    This is my top choice, but person B doesn't entirely sound like the IEI in the SLE/IEI duality description.

And Peter is pretty convinced that they're not SLE/IEI. He can expand on this if he'd like.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Person B is also into conspiracy theories.
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Person B is also into conspiracy theories.
    well that clarifies everything then.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just added that because Peter mentioned that I hadn't mentioned it.

Anyways, Peter things person A is ILI and person B is SLI. I think these typings are unlikely, especially for person A. When he explains his reasons, he describes traits and behaviors that I haven't observed in them.

The way I see it, person A is either a Beta or Delta extrovert or an LSI (SLE > EIE/LSI > LSE/IEE), and person B is IEI > EII > IEE/SLI/ESI.

While they don't fit cleanly into any of the types, I think SLE and IEI make the most sense.
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just added that because Peter mentioned that I hadn't mentioned it.

Anyways, Peter things person A is ILI and person B is SLI. I think these typings are unlikely, especially for person A. When he explains his reasons, he describes traits and behaviors that I haven't observed in them.
    I could see SLI for person B. But I don't think ILI for person A (based on what you've written). I think it's kinda interesting how some people are so obviously a particular type and others are tricky to pin down.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I could see SLI for person B. But I don't think ILI for person A (based on what you've written). I think it's kinda interesting how some people are so obviously a particular type and others are tricky to pin down.
    I could also see SLI for person B, but it's definitely not my first choice. IxFx makes the most sense for person B, imo.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Person A:

Person B:
    SEE

Person A: ISTj
    Person B: Based everything else other than the intertype information ENFp
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are these your parents or something? Perhaps I shouldn't ask given you clearly don't want their identities known to us.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

her smile is really cute! He is probably IXFp. She kinda looks like a female SLE I know.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Are these your parents or something? Perhaps I shouldn't ask given you clearly don't want their identities known to us.
    They are. When I started this thread I was just going to mention a few things about my mom. Then the list for her grew and I decided to go ahead and mention my dad. I've posted a topic about them at least once before. They're far more difficult to type than the average person as they both seem to have contradictory traits.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Person A: LSI
    Person B: IEI

I was amused, however, by an LIE of all types judging the fashion sense of Person A.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't understand. She wears fluorescent clothes and elastic waist bands. She even wears fluorescent running pants with dress shirts to work (she's an accountant). Here's an example of something she'd wear to work:

SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a pic of the five of us.

SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A picture of her when she was younger:

SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most recent pics I have access to:

(yes, that's my son's hand in the last one )
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An unrelated aside: I can definitely see a family resemblance.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People usually say that my sister and I look a lot alike, but that I don't really look like either of my parents. I think my brother looks like both of them.
    SEE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The woman is SEI... Can't tell about the guy... They both look cool though

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing that could be relevant is that the LII I was with found her more difficult to take than probably anyone else I've known. Peter likes her though and doesn't have any problems getting along with her. He just sees her as awkward.

In the family dynamics, when sparks would fly between a parent and child, it was usually me and her. I was the only one who would stand up to her. My brother just ignored her I suppose. My sister didn't even try to stand up to her. My dad would tell her that she was being too strict or too cold or going too far, but he approached it differently, of course.

LSI is really the only introverted type I can see her as, but I think other temperaments make more sense than IJ, overall.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing that could be relevant is that the LII I was with found her more difficult to take than probably anyone else I've known. Peter likes her though and doesn't have any problems getting along with her. He just sees her as awkward.

In the family dynamics, when sparks would fly between a parent and child, it was usually me and her. I was the only one who would stand up to her. My brother just ignored her I suppose. My sister didn't even try to stand up to her. My dad would tell her that she was being too strict or too cold or going too far, but he approached it differently, of course.

LSI is really the only introverted type I can see her as, but I think other temperaments make more sense than IJ, overall.
    SLE then? But your initial description did point to LSI > SLE.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's my top choice. Peter thinks she's ILI though... personally I don't even think ILI is a real option.
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's my top choice. Peter thinks she's ILI though... personally I don't even think ILI is a real option.
    She is definitely not an ILI when going from the description you gave. Beta ST was quite clear.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I don't see where anyone is getting LSI for your mom out of that description .

She sounds like she has poor self-awareness and is paranoid, which doesn't point to a specific type.

She also sounds like she has weak Si and Se, and possibly Fe-seeking.

Your dad sounds Ip.
    • Too forward/blunt for most people's tastes. (weak )
    • Very strictly adheres to religious doctrine. ( + valuing)
    • Huge focus on obedience and hierarchy within family and religious structures. With children and pets, demands immediate obedience without question. ( + in terms of importance of institutional and tangible hierarchies)
    • Always worried that something bad is going to happen, even when there's no apparent reason to worry about it or nothing that could reasonably be done to prevent it. Tends to shelter children/pets to an extreme extent for fear that they'll be run over/mauled/molested/whatever. (weak and desiring )
    • Very sensitive to being a social outcast. Thinks that homeschooling is a good idea in part because "kids are so mean". ( attracted)
    • Wants to warm, friendly, personal, and easy interactions with people but isn't good at creating them. (weak but valued )
    • Enjoys watching medical type things that most people would be grossed out by. Is fascinated by watching surgeries, exploratory procedures, childbirth, stitches, etc. Likes popping pimples and seeing injuries. (this trait is not normally found in those with weak or valued )
    The signs point to at least Beta ST. There are a few things when looking back now could suggest an EP temperament, but LSI is still a highly reasonable suggestion that would be possible if SLE was not an option.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I don't see where anyone is getting LSI for your mom out of that description .

She sounds like she has poor self-awareness and is paranoid, which doesn't point to a specific type.

She also sounds like she has weak Si and Se, and possibly Fe-seeking.

Your dad sounds Ip.
    Does being bad at something mean that it's a weak function though? In terms of the amount of attention she gives Si and Se, they're "stronger" than Ne or Ni.

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    She is definitely not an ILI when going from the description you gave. Beta ST was quite clear.
    This is a case in which the quadra is pretty apparent (imo) but the type is not. She values Fe but is "bad at" it. She values Se but isn't as "good at" it as Se ego types typically are (take the dog whisperer for example). I think she's got strong Ti, but she's only "good at" it in her attention to hierarchical and rules. When she's paying attention to Ne or Ni, it's in the "what if a cow falls out of the sky and lands on my head" sort of way. She's demanding when it comes to the Si things that matter to her, such as keeping the windows in the car up or eating at a certain restaurant, but Si isn't something she's "good at".

She was not at all "nurturing" or "motherly" in the typical sense when her kids were little. She saw being a strict authority and having kids learn to obey and to take care of themselves as more important than stuff like putting bandaids on cuts, making food (other than dinner), laughing and playing, etc.

She said I was rebellious for protesting obviously unfair rules and punishments instead of obeying the first time without question. If she called your name and you didn't immediately respond with "coming" and jump to your feet, you'd be punished.

She's really into obedience and agility training her poodles right now. She loves pets that she can make to obey her and who will shower her with affection (she definitely values warm affection but isn't all that good at giving it, not that she doesn't want to).

When I describe her authoritarian nature, Peter says he doesn't see what I'm talking about. It is true that she's completely different now that her kids don't have to obey her anymore. Perhaps not having the responsibility of raising children anymore has mellowed her out.
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a case in which the quadra is pretty apparent (imo) but the type is not. She values Fe but is "bad at" it. She values Se but isn't as "good at" it as Se ego types typically are (take the dog whisperer for example). I think she's got strong Ti, but she's only "good at" it in her attention to hierarchical and rules. When she's paying attention to Ne or Ni, it's in the "what if a cow falls out of the sky and lands on my head" sort of way. She's demanding when it comes to the Si things that matter to her, such as keeping the windows in the car up or eating at a certain restaurant, but Si isn't something she's "good at".

She was not at all "nurturing" or "motherly" in the typical sense when her kids were little. She saw being a strict authority and having kids learn to take care of themselves as more important than stuff like putting bandaids on cuts, making food (other than dinner), etc. Instead of singing her young children to sleep at bed/nap time, she'd sit next to their beds with a wooden spoon and smack them if they moved... cause kids will automatically fall asleep if they'll just stop squirming, right? (She says she has no memory of this, btw.) She assigned kids chores such as dishes from very early ages and had a 6 or 7 year old babysitting two younger siblings (one of which needed to be guarded from the attacks of the other to prevent serious injury or worse). The male child didn't have to do any many chores as the females... specifically because he was male.

Her theory was that with responsibilities comes priviledges, so young children were allowed to walk or ride their bike all over the city by themselves. An 8 year old was left alone at the laundromat for hours as well. They weren't allowed to spend the night at friends' houses for the most part though, as described in the first post. This stuff never made any sense to me. She said I was rebelious for protesting obviously unfair rules and punishments instead of obeying the first time without question. If she called your name and you didn't immediately respond with "coming" and jump to your feet, you'd be punished.

She's really into obedience and agility training her poodles right now. She loves pets that she can make to obey her and who will shower her with affection.

When I describe her authoritarian nature, Peter says he doesn't see what I'm talking about. It is true that she's completely different now that her kids don't have to obey her anymore. Perhaps not having the responsibility of raising children anymore has mellowed her out.
    It does not sound so much that she has weak Se, but rather, that she applies them in Ti/Fe ways and not so much Fi/Te ones so it may appear weak when it is merely "misplaced". If she was not "motherly" or "nurturing" then we have reason to rule out caregiving types.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, I should also mention that I sent her Augusta's description of Se dominance, telling her that I thought it sounded a lot like her. She became somewhat upset and had my dad and sister read it. They told her that it did sound a lot like her, and she said that if she was like that she must be a horrible person. The next time I saw her I went through the description with her and explained what different aspects of it meant (such as "manipulate"), and I told her that it's machine translated from Russian. After I'd explained the description she said that it did sound like her.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    It does not sound so much that she has weak Se, but rather, that she applies them in Ti/Fe ways and not so much Fi/Te ones so it may appear weak when it is merely "misplaced". If she was not "motherly" or "nurturing" then we have reason to rule out caregiving types.
    I agree.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diana, I do think you have some good points about the religion... she slid into that role very easily and naturally though, and if you get her talking about obedience and submitting to authorities and whatnot her hierarchical values are still very apparent.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, when they describe each other they see her as the practical, down to earth, logical one. They see him as the sensitive one. She calls him a "softy" when it comes to dogs/kids.
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have a nice-looking family Joy! And I do see the resemblance also. Your dad is clearly IP. Gosh, he reminds me of my own dad the way you describe him and even his photo.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast