View Poll Results: Do Alphas value social expectations/norms more or less than the average person?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • more

3 14.29%
  • same

2 9.52%
  • less

11 52.38%
  • I'm not Alpha.

5 23.81%

Thread: Alphas and social expectations/norms

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alphas and social expectations/norms

Alphas, how do you think your quadra view social expectations/norms in relation to the average person?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this poll would have been better if you asked, "do you value...", not really asking if a person's quadra does... I personally don't like voting for other people like I did here.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know other Alphas and have observed Alpha values in the media though, right?
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    You know other Alphas and have observed Alpha values in the media though, right?
    Hmm, I couldnt' tell you that someone is alpha or not, so my opinion for anyone else is a moot point, unless it's kept just that, my own opinion.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Do I count as Alpha?
    If you're not sure, just put your answer in a post maybe? Or take your best guess, if you prefer. There are polls in all of the quadras. If you're not confident about your quadra and you do vote, however, it would be good to pay particular attention to your overall understanding of Alpha quadra values and observations of Alphas.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Less. Definitely less.

I think that you should post a poll saying: "I am a automaton with no independent thoughts of my own who desperately desires to conform to all societal and peer pressures exerted on me."

But anyway, this question is stupid. This question is poorly worded. This question is pointless.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i mean.. i do get the feeling that it is impossible to respond to these polls.. i feel that you are not looking for the answering person to make an interpretation, i think that maybe the poll is worded weirdly.

sorry, i can't answer it with confidence; going by my gut I'd say slighty less.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I think that you should post a poll saying: "I am a automaton with no independent thoughts of my own who desperately desires to conform to all societal and peer pressures exerted on me."
    These were my thoughts as well, but I had to ask. Obviously most people care as much or more than "the average person", technically speaking... and I've known some people who pride themselves on this sort of thing (though I'm not sure they do it consciously?)... Anyways, I would think that most people here would say "less".
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These were my thoughts as well, but I had to ask. Obviously most people care as much or more than "the average person", technically speaking... and I've known some people who pride themselves on this sort of thing (though I'm not sure they do it consciously?)... Anyways, I would think that most people here would say "less".
    These are probably the type of people with low self-esteem and less than healthy egos.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok... my post killed this thread...lol
    Last edited by cracka; 08-05-2008 at 04:03 AM.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This pole made me horny. See what I did there?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the only one that thinks we're normal IMO alpha seems to value it less at first glance, but then a lot of that I think is that the ones alphas value would be easier for me, whereas an Fe PoLR type wouldn't have the same feeling, for example. I figure that each quadra would project their personal feeling that their quadra is less interested in social norms onto this thread, just because to them it is. Overall though I'd think all 4 would be good and bad at different parts of social norms and it'd mostly even out.
    Last edited by BurntOrange; 08-05-2008 at 12:48 PM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrange View Post
    I'm the only one that thinks we're normal IMO alpha seems to value it less at first glance, but then a lot of that I think is that the ones alphas value would be easier for me, whereas an Fe PoLR type wouldn't have the same feeling, for example. I figure that each quadra would project their personal feeling that their quadra is less interested in social norms onto this thread, just because to them it is. Overall though I'd think all 4 would be good and bad at different parts of social norms and it'd mostly even out.
    Good point.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    "A type" would be more accurate than "the type". There's probably a lot of the other extreme underneath that umbrella as well.
    If you want to play at semantics, be my guest.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ jxrtes for answering "less" for every single quadra. Jxrtes, do you consider yourself to be the universal spokesperson on this matter?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alphas, how do you think your quadra view social expectations/norms in relation to the average person?
    You should pick one or the other; expectations or norms.

Alpha would value etiquette and politeness (norms); whereas Beta would value serving in war (social expectations); Gamma would value passing resources onto posterity (social expectations); Delta would value whatever it is that Delta values.

Alpha would have an intellectual and deep yet polite discussion about the stupidity of war before enrolling at the local university to avoid the draft. Societies expectations are stupid, but norms are OK.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I scoff at social expectations. Those are for rationals and people who actually have abilities.
    ILE - Ti.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually kinda agree with that Mariano Rajoy
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .