Thread: Clarity and Self-Discipline

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Clarity and Self-Discipline

Much of the time, people equate getting things done with willpower. I don't know if everyone is like this, but I feel an enormous amount of inner tension when I'm doing something via pure willpower. Then, every time I must do the dreaded thing, it gets no easier, just more and more tense.

So, what makes sense for me is focusing on the path of least resistance in order to create the same effect as discipline. It simply isn't good for me personally to do things by will every single day.

I believe, actually I'm pretty certain, that our suggestive function is responsible for this sense of ease.

I think being connected to this part of yourself is something we take massively for granted, because it is unconscious. Bringing this element into our lives is difficult, because it's almost formless in our vision, and that makes it difficult to recognize.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see how that would be.

Se would be taking to action where id otherwise do nothing. And I absolutely try to use the limited Se I have to put me on a path of least resistance going forward.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.