Gotta get out! Gotta get out!
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    first thot: identify options
    yes. then wait for the right opportunity to get out with the least amount of stress and the highest probability for success.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

My next thought would be: "oh fuck, what have I done?".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"icecream"

(that is pretty much my default first thought")
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't just suddenly realize such things, for god sakes.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    so true.

maybe others do though...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I could just suddenly realize something like that, especially where relationships are concerned. If I had that thought, I'd doubt it and not take it seriously unless it kept happening or the situation got a lot worse.

I have a history of taking sudden decisive action though in terms of other life choices. I often think stuff along the lines of "it would be better for my employer (or whoever) as well if I leave this situation because [insert reason here]", and then I just find myself doing what I need to do.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well depending on the reason. Say my spouse stopped shaving her armpits and that goes against everything I stand for (Just an example!)

me: So... You have stopped shaving you armpits I see.... Why?

her: I like the earthy nature feel it gives me *She lift her arm and pets her bush*

me: *shivers*

that night there is some wierd frustrated sex where I have strange feelings having sex with a bear

Day 2
    me: Hey how 'bout shaving those armpits, I can start showering again if you do it!
    her: No! get off my back!

me: *moves in behind her and start pulling at her armpit hair*
    she:aaaiiiiihhh! STOP IT
    me: evil laugh! Aahahahaha die armpit hair!

A few days later.....

she: *cries* I cant stand living with you! My armpits are bleeding and you are evil!
    me: Fine, then leave and never come back!! (I have planned for this and have made preparations. Bought dried foods and prepared my tent so I can leave when ever. I also checked in the swim hall for shaved girls!)

another few days later...

me: shit *shivers* I shouldn't have brought this up in the winter. I'm fucking freezing!
    atleast I am away from those horribly armpit hairs. Thank god!

A few days later a german couple found me. I died during the night. I had a big smile on my face and I was holding my own armpit hair.

I died happy and went to hell.

My girl hooked up with bob marley and has never been happier (in general girls tend to be happier with the man she finds after me then when she is with me.. hmm)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"oh my god I've lived my entire life trying to avoid this specific scenario and yet I'm still dumb enough to let it happen to me. WHYYY??1 Panic and flee! panicccccc and fleeeeeeee!"

also rofl at the above

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"what is the best way to extricate myself from this situation and keep myself sane in the process"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    this is very true as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    "icecream"

(that is pretty much my default first thought")
    you sound like my dad! That's his first thought about everything too.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yes. then wait for the right opportunity to get out with the least amount of stress and the highest probability for success.
    yeah....and with infp these strategies come in quick succession, esp the least amount of stress part. so helpful.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I don't think I could just suddenly realize something like that, especially where relationships are concerned. If I had that thought, I'd doubt it and not take it seriously unless it kept happening or the situation got a lot worse.

I have a history of taking sudden decisive action though in terms of other life choices. I often think stuff along the lines of "it would be better for my employer (or whoever) as well if I leave this situation because [insert reason here]", and then I just find myself doing what I need to do.
    yes i kind of agree with you here about the relationship. like, the idea that the relationship is not the right one would more gradually dawn on you rather than suddenly occur to you.

but with jobs...i know i've been in situations before where i'm like, whoa, this is baaad nowwhatamigoingtodo fuck!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    yes i kind of agree with you here about the relationship. like, the idea that the relationship is not the right one would more gradually dawn on you rather than suddenly occur to you.

but with jobs...i know i've been in situations before where i'm like, whoa, this is baaad nowwhatamigoingtodo fuck!
    With jobs I tend to start really dreading going to work, then suddenly I'm like "okay, this sucks... and I'm not doing anybody any favors by continuing to work here with an attitude like this... I'm outta here". There have been a couple of jobs that I've quit without giving notice (one that I walked out of mid shift... and two other people walked out behind me that day ), but for the most part at that point I'd write up a two week notice... and then try to find people to cover for me so I don't have to work those shifts. One time I was told that I wasn't allowed to try to cover my shifts, that I had to work them. I was like "screw it then, I'm done" and didn't finish my two weeks.

Anyways... that "I'm not doing anyone any favors" thought is probably the one I should give as an answer to this topic. In relationships as well, I'd think "I wouldn't want someone to stay with me if he wasn't sure that he wanted to" or "the only worse than having parents who aren't together is having parents who shouldn't be together" or something of the like. I guess I have to convince myself that I'm not doing anyone any harm by way of my actions, or (more so) that it's for the overall good. It's not about people's feelings, in any case. I've done stuff knowing it would upset people but also knowing that it was for the overall good.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/