Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: I was seriously exposed to Beta Fe today

  1. #1
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default I was seriously exposed to Beta Fe today

    It was interesting. I think it was Fe-ENFj or very Fe-INFp kind of Fe. Initially I was drawn to it. It was so crazy. So out of control. So not from this world. But after a while it got tiring. The effect it initially had kind of faded away and I felt like I needed a break from it. It was exhausting. But it just didn't stop. I didn't get a break. I was showered by it and couldn't make it stop. I was somewhat relieved when I finally got away. Now that I have had time to regroup I think I am again drawn to it. I could expose myself to it again. But I know that the same thing would happen again. Initial interest but growing tired after a while.

    I don't know what that means in socionics terms. I mean I have been typed to have Fe PoLR or Fe creative or Fe demonstrative or who knows what. I don't know how these types should feel about being exposed to Beta Fe.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    XoX, what did they do? Say good morning?
    Last edited by Wittmont; 08-02-2008 at 09:44 PM.
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  3. #3
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    It was interesting. I think it was Fe-ENFj or very Fe-INFp kind of Fe. Initially I was drawn to it. It was so crazy. So out of control. So not from this world. But after a while it got tiring. The effect it initially had kind of faded away and I felt like I needed a break from it. It was exhausting. But it just didn't stop. I didn't get a break. I was showered by it and couldn't make it stop. I was somewhat relieved when I finally got away. Now that I have had time to regroup I think I am again drawn to it. I could expose myself to it again. But I know that the same thing would happen again. Initial interest but growing tired after a while.
    Sounds like moth to flame, or looking into the sun for too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  4. #4
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    It was interesting. I think it was Fe-ENFj or very Fe-INFp kind of Fe. Initially I was drawn to it. It was so crazy. So out of control. So not from this world. But after a while it got tiring. The effect it initially had kind of faded away and I felt like I needed a break from it. It was exhausting. But it just didn't stop. I didn't get a break. I was showered by it and couldn't make it stop. I was somewhat relieved when I finally got away. Now that I have had time to regroup I think I am again drawn to it. I could expose myself to it again. But I know that the same thing would happen again. Initial interest but growing tired after a while.

    I don't know what that means in socionics terms. I mean I have been typed to have Fe PoLR or Fe creative or Fe demonstrative or who knows what. I don't know how these types should feel about being exposed to Beta Fe.
    A lot of reactions to the event but practically no real description of the event. With that description, you might as well have been talking about participating in a Roman orgy party.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  5. #5
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    I dunno, but I am usually not averse to Fe in IEIs or even a lot of EIEs, as long as it's nothing over the top, though usually I am turned off by it at first until I get to know the people better.

    However, I remember attending a party of a friend's a little over a year ago. There were quite a number of Beta NFs there. At first it was okay, but I soon began to feel out of place and felt like I couldn't get a voicing in anything going on. Since my humor is your typical cynical quip kind of thing where you kind of have to pay attention to get it, I found myself mostly overlooked, which was okay, but I couldn't tell if people were merely ignoring me or if they actually thought I was out of place. When jokes escalated to stupid stereotypes on jews and nazis and such overdone, unintelligent, base nonsense, I was kind of on my own, growing a bit annoyed. When it was time for me to leave, I was relieved to go home, be alone, and play video games, think, read, or whatever.

    In a theater group I was in, it was mostly dominated by beta NFs. I actually enjoyed the thing at first, but after our last performance, I was not happy in that I was only briefly acknowledged while everyone else, including a good INFp friend of mine, was all gathering into the Fe sort of spirit and of course, since I don't typically show vivid expression, I was kind of just hanging in the background helping taking down our set and whatnot. It kind of makes me second-guess myself and my normalacy, I guess. I've never been that comfortable in Beta environments in the long run, but I will admit that when you are not a total stranger, it can be a nice change...for a while.
    awwww, I like ILIs. I like how they hang back and quietly say really funny things that no one hears. Cracks me up. Sometimes IEIs do that too when we don't feel like we're a part of the group. Either that or just leave.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    awwww, I like ILIs. I like how they hang back and quietly say really funny things that no one hears. Cracks me up. Sometimes IEIs do that too when we don't feel like we're a part of the group. Either that or just leave.
    Yup, from what HC said I would probably have done the same at that particular party. Can't say I am very aggressive with Fe at all.
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can relate a lil.

    I have a group of friends that I sometimes hang out with. And i usually feel very out of place. everyone is having fun, laughing, talking to everyone else, but i just sat there quietly not saying anything. it's usually the EIE that would say that i'm too quiet and to join in the fun. but whenever i say something, i get the feeling that no one gets what i'm trying to say, or that they think that i said something offensive or out of place, so most of the time i just shut up.

    Occasionally, one of them would talk to me, 1 to 1, that's the only time where i would talk more. but they quickly revert back to "talking to everyone" kinda atmosphere. i do not dislike their company, but i can't help feeling like i'm like a semi-invisible object that they only sometimes notice.
    INTp
    sx/sp

  8. #8
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    XoX, what did they do? Say good morning?
    hahahaha funny

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  9. #9
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It makes Beta Fe sound really exotic.

  10. #10
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    It was interesting. I think it was Fe-ENFj or very Fe-INFp kind of Fe. Initially I was drawn to it. It was so crazy. So out of control. So not from this world. But after a while it got tiring. The effect it initially had kind of faded away and I felt like I needed a break from it. It was exhausting. But it just didn't stop. I didn't get a break. I was showered by it and couldn't make it stop. I was somewhat relieved when I finally got away. Now that I have had time to regroup I think I am again drawn to it. I could expose myself to it again. But I know that the same thing would happen again. Initial interest but growing tired after a while.

    I don't know what that means in socionics terms. I mean I have been typed to have Fe PoLR or Fe creative or Fe demonstrative or who knows what. I don't know how these types should feel about being exposed to Beta Fe.
    If you are gamma, you were probably drawn by the Se and Ni aspect of the group which probably seemed interesting, but then initially repelled and confused by all the Fe and Ti.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    I can relate a lil.

    I have a group of friends that I sometimes hang out with. And i usually feel very out of place. everyone is having fun, laughing, talking to everyone else, but i just sat there quietly not saying anything. it's usually the EIE that would say that i'm too quiet and to join in the fun. but whenever i say something, i get the feeling that no one gets what i'm trying to say, or that they think that i said something offensive or out of place, so most of the time i just shut up.

    Occasionally, one of them would talk to me, 1 to 1, that's the only time where i would talk more. but they quickly revert back to "talking to everyone" kinda atmosphere. i do not dislike their company, but i can't help feeling like i'm like a semi-invisible object that they only sometimes notice.
    I actually relate to this, but I guess I would experience this feeling with more Te based settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  11. #11
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    XoX, what did they do? Say good morning?
    It wasn't so much about the words but about the emotional energy hitting me wave after wave and calling for my to show up. Perhaps the exhausting part was trying to be active and act in order to not be a complete let down. I like it how Beta NFs emotionally reward you for being active and but it is something I can only do for a short while before I run out of energy. I don't like it how Beta NFs dump you when your levels start dropping. It feels like being a toy. Duracell bunny or something. I am generalizing but still.

  12. #12
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    I think the Fe can feel like Fi in smaller groups but with larger crowds, the ILI as well as most introverts can feel lost, but the ILI may feel especially alienated unless with a one or two people who they can keep a more private conversation going.
    Yeah this could fit me. Fe can feel like Fi one on one. In a big group Fe feels more like a complete lack of attention span. At the same time Fi can be somewhat boring in a big group. It sometimes feels like nothing happens. Everyone just sit and nod. Perhaps it is just group situations themselves which suck. It could be introversion that is the problem and it is less related to Fi and Fe.

  13. #13
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    It wasn't so much about the words but about the emotional energy hitting me wave after wave and calling for my to show up. Perhaps the exhausting part was trying to be active and act in order to not be a complete let down. I like it how Beta NFs emotionally reward you for being active and but it is something I can only do for a short while before I run out of energy. I don't like it how Beta NFs dump you when your levels start dropping. It feels like being a toy. Duracell bunny or something. I am generalizing but still.
    Yeah, you are definitely describing an orgy.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  14. #14
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    If you are gamma, you were probably drawn by the Se and Ni aspect of the group which probably seemed interesting, but then initially repelled and confused by all the Fe and Ti
    Related to my previous post, I think group situations in general just suck ass. Probably because I am an introvert. However, I don't remember ever being bothered by Ti. Except when I once met a very very stubborn LSI.

  15. #15
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Yeah, you are definitely describing an orgy.
    and you are really begging for details aren't you Perhaps I should start wearing a T-shirt which says "I survived a Beta orgy".

  16. #16
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    That could be true. And BTW, since ILI seems to be a good typing for you, do you ever find yourself being more animated in small groups like laughing at witty jokes and being visibly pleasant. I'm saying because I tend to do that with small groups of people I know pretty well and sometimes I'm wondering if maybe I am an IEI.
    Yes I can relate to that. For example today I was in a birthday party where there was only people I have known for a long time and I did act way more animated than I usually would. I can actually become somewhat "the life of the party" in these situations. Especially after a drink or two. I say "somewhat" because I am never THAT animated and my activity comes in bursts when it happens. I just start feeling really positive and energized and suddenly I am much more active for a while. Most of the time I am feeling kind of negative and lacking energy which shows as detachment.

    One thing good to mention is that in work environment I am generally speaking more active even in groups. I feel like I don't have to care about people's feelings or general rules of behaviour too much when at work but instead I need to "get the job done". I hate any kind of obstacles slowing me down at work. My energy levels at work are clearly higher than during leisure time except in situations when my work is really really boring to me. Then I find it hard to gather the necessary energy. It is very important for me to have a clear goal which fills me with energy. I have a strong confidence that I can reach any goal that is required for me to reach. The problem is that I am not that good at setting goals without outside influence and if I need to work in an environment where goals are shifting and blurry it kills my motivation and energy (= environment?).

    Can you relate at all to the last part?

  17. #17
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Actually I can relate to all of your last post, including the thing about work. When I really get into some project, I get really anal about stuff, I get more temperamental, though I try to keep it channeled towards the project versus other people because that's kinda rude and unproductive otherwise. I can sometimes be the life of a very small party of people I know (inside joke gallore or just nerdy, nerdy humor). So I'm extremely detached as a person but in those situations I become someone else and it's nice. If in a situation that calls for seriousness, though, I can then become leader and try to coordinate an effective plan, but otherwise, meh.
    love that stuff. My husband teases me that I have always liked guys who are kinda geeky/nerdy at heart. (he is too) It's true.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  18. #18

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,101
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It makes Beta Fe sound really exotic.
    Makes it seem like cocaine.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Makes it seem like cocaine.
    Nah, she was probably so pretty he forgot to breathe
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •