Thread: Short Conversation

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Short Conversation & other descriptions

It might mean nothing, or possibly too short to derive anything out of it, but I'm kinda curious.

2 friends were gonna get their truck which was parked at the loading bay in the basement of a mall. They just watched a movie and parked there simply because the truck wouldn't fit in the usual basement carparks. Too big.
    Security guard walks up to them, and tells them that the area where the elevator is located is closed.
    Security guard: where are you guys going?

Friend A: to the loading bay.

Security guard: why? are you guys delivering something?

Friend A: No, we just parked there because there's no where else to park.

Security guard: you can't park there. it's only for loading and unloading of goods.

Friend B: (cuts in while security guard is still trying to say something) Point is, we're just going to get our truck and leave, how else are we gonna leave if we don't go down this elevator.

I'm curious about the 2 friends and what functions(quadra values/types/etc.) were at play in this short exchange.
    Last edited by Mea; 08-02-2008 at 11:33 PM.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Te, Se, prolly.
    who? Friend A, B, or both?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I can't picture anyone acting any other way really. There's really no other choice - you need to get to your vehicle, and the security person is being a nuisance. Soo, I don't think it's type or function related as I'm sure anyone of any type would respond in just the same way.
    Yes.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I can't picture anyone acting any other way really. There's really no other choice - you need to get to your vehicle, and the security person is being a nuisance. Soo, I don't think it's type or function related as I'm sure anyone of any type would respond in just the same way.
    well... not really, i've seen other people handle it pretty differently.
    i'll just give a short example of how my ESE friend reacted in a similar situation.
    Basically, she parked in a private property, she was visiting, and visitors weren't allowed to park inside.
    guard: you are not allowed to park here. you have to move your car somewhere else.
    ESE: o? i didn't know... I'm sorry. Wouldn't happen again. Thank you for telling me.

Though, I can see why you think that. Possibly it's not type related. But maybe it's because the people in the conversation share the same quadra values as you do that's why you think that way?
    And I admit, that conversation IS short to possibly derive much out of it.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. i think i'll just add more information of A & B.

Friend B was just told by his/her boss to not come to work anymore for the time being because the company did not need help (part-time job). Friend A automatically assumed that Friend B got sacked. Friend B's mom is a friend of the company's boss's aunt. And Friend B's mom heard from boss's aunt that Friend B likes taking long breaks of 30mins.

Hearing this, while Friend A & B were in a conversation, Friend B got agitated because Friend B thinks that the boss is making a baseless accusation because Friend B only goes for smoke breaks that lasts not more than 10mins. And Friend B said that s/he felt that his/her boss never once complained about this, and it came as a shock. Friend B claims that the boss is nice to him/her and is full of praises, so Friend B is puzzled as to why this is happening.

Friend A was annoyed at Friend B's tone in the conversation since Friend A sounded very agitated. Friend A took it personally and yelled at Friend B for talking in that tone to him/her. Friend B is shocked that Friend A took it personally and explained that s/he is not directing his/her frustration to Friend A, but merely unhappy about the situation thus the unhappy tone. Friend A then said that Friend B is too unaware of how to behave in such situations and should've known that the boss would be unhappy about this.

Comments?

Anyway, I've known both for quite awhile. And I'm under the impression they both are weak at Fe & Fi.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better. Do you think they are introverts or extroverts? Sensors or intuitives? I can kind of hear myself in Friend B. My impression was that Friend A was some ethical type, but if you are confident that the latter is weak in it, I can imagine an LSE saying such things as they can get pretty defensive and when in defense mode, they tend to go into accusation mode, even making accusations that do not exist, from my experience.
    I would say that Friend B is a Introvert. Friend A often comments that Friend B is too quiet in social situations, though Friend A is not too bothered about it.

Another thing about Friend A is that s/he tends to takes things too personally, especially when someone else is not in a good mood, and he happens to talk to that person and get a not-too-friendly response.
    Example, when at work, and his colleague is stressed due to increased work load, Friend A asks colleague a question work-related. Colleague is not too happy that he is interrupted, and brushes Friend A off, telling him to just leave the job as it is and go do something else first. This leaves Friend A fuming.

Both are pretty straightforward people, more so Friend B. Friend is often commented as being argumentative, and sounding rude. Friend A is commented as being quite insensitive. Like once, an acquaintance was upset about a break up, and s/he joked about it, something along the lines that he saw it coming, and saying that it's a good thing because now that acquaintance can sleep with others (s/he wasn't serious about this).
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think Friend A might be SLE?
    Hmm, I have thought of that, but I'm not sure I see much Se. Friend A seems to not be strong at Se IMO. But I have considered ILE, LIE and LSE.

Anyway, he tends to say stuff like
    "why should i do this now, when this is currently not important, i'd rather sell this now, and use the money for something more important now, and i can always buy [the sold item] back"
    "why ask be about what is going to happen, I can't predict the future."
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, then Friend A is an LSE. My dad says crap like that and hates speculation and gets pissed when I make the most minor statements about how I see something even if it's based mostly on my Ni intuition. There Ne HA also makes them believe the worst thing can likely happen even if it really is a large stretch for that to happen. The buying thing is something my LSE father says a lot.

I could be wrong but I doubt it.
    interesting that you say that it's crap. but i wouldn't disagree, like selling something to invest in something else that might be more worthwhile in the long run. Then again, that's just my opinion, no idea what Friend A thinks regarding that.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is that I deal with people like the security guard on a regular basis. Maybe it's something that I shouldn't be doing, or did not have authorization to do, but it's something I did and it fits the task at hand. Instead of a seamless transfer of information, I hit the retard wall and waste time explaining something irrelevent.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype