what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Default Fuyuko Matsui

An artist from Japan who's known for creating beautiful, yet disturbing work. A while back I watched an interview with her (which I can no longer find) and I found her to be rather interesting.

Some quotes:

"I want to create a sympathy, a strong feeling, between the viewer and myself... In a way Iím doing something that the viewer canít do himself. Itís like people who occasionally think about jumping under a train. In my art Iím actually jumping under the train. That shock Ė Iím doing it for you."

"There are various things that inspire my paintings: first a strong concept, second I have a mental picture and a concept, and third I just randomly paint until something starts to appear, and, then, there are all of these different ways combined."

"I want to express the paradox that exists when you're depressed, when considerable strain weighs down your body, yet your emotions are floating around."

"Yes, Iím narcissistic, but not in the sense of spending the day looking at myself in the mirror. The word narcissism has negative connotations, but it is simply a mechanism for resisting personal phobia, the result of strengthening personal identity."
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Ni INFp is my first impression as well.
    ďWhether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Yeah, Ni-INFp is probably right, and it's probably why I find her so interesting. Things about her remind me vaguely of myself, especially:

"There are various things that inspire my paintings: first a strong concept, second I have a mental picture and a concept, and third I just randomly paint until something starts to appear, and, then, there are all of these different ways combined."

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Her style looks similar to that one other artist you mentioned. You know the one with all the young girl portraits, the owl picture, the avatar you had that was like snakes....or a medusa's head....or something, can't remember. The colors and stuff. The way of focusing on a subject, oftentimes humanoid, so it's in the foreground and everything else sort of blurs around it/isn't drawn in/is faint.
    Oh yeah, Audrey Kawasaki. I have a feeling she's probably IEI too. As Hugo pointed out, all of the girls in her paintings have the faces and bodies of IEI girls, haha.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni-INFp.