Thread: Fuck enneagram type E4s

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syynth View Post
    The most annoying thing about E4s is that they expect to be treated like they are special even when nothing they actually do can be considered unique.
    Do E4s really expect to be treated in an elevated way simply for existing?

That sounds seriously unhealthy to me.

I have always understood 4s as people torn apart by opposing forces - on the one hand they want to belong/merge and be admired, but on the other, they want to be unique. Many 4s fear connecting with someone else because they think this would require them to sacrifice their individuality. However, I don't see how being unique requires you to shut out the world and become an outcast. Someone will see the beauty within you, and appreciate you for who you are - but if you only dream about them you'll never find them. It is not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you. 4s only start to realise this when/if they integrate to 1.

Unfortunately, I've had to deal with a 4 who disintegrated and reveled in her own suffering. She romanticised herself as a tragic, misunderstood victim in need of a male rescuer/provider to "complete her". I was much more naive than I am now and allowed her to abuse my empathy. The truth is that while healthy 4s have the potential to achieve a great deal, the majority of the 4s you see online are unhealthy and stuck in a rut only they can dig themselves out of. The question is whether they really want to.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 08-13-2017 at 07:50 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    Do E4s really expect to be treated in an elevated way simply for existing?

That sounds seriously unhealthy to me.
    I dont expect to be treated in any way. If anything I expect people to dislike me. I project that, and in return feel "spite" for those people, and the world, and reject them even before anything has happened.

A person who expects to be treated better than others and people to love them just for existing is probably 3. Both 3 and 4 want to be unique. But the 4 feel their uniqueness as a negative thing while 3 often as a positive.. there can be some overlapping in 4w3 and 3w4 obviously. Elliott Rodger was 3w4. He expected people to want him, and for girls to be all over him, but they weren't. So.. he killed them. D:
    Last edited by maniac; 08-13-2017 at 11:43 AM.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    A person who expects to be treated better than others and people to love them just for existing is probably 3.
    This is called E2. Don't fall for Chae's propaganda. Assertive types really, really don't line up with "just existing" anyways.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    This is called E2. Don't fall for Chae's propaganda. Assertive types really, really don't line up with "just existing" anyways.
    2s feel like they have to take action in the form of helping for people to love them. But the action will make them deserving of their love.
    Last edited by maniac; 08-14-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2s feel like they have to take action in the form of helping for people to love them. But the action will make them deserving of their love.
    3s feel like they have to do things to be admired (whether it's being a politician, businesswo/man, sex object, etc.). 2s think they're special for just existing and that other people should take care of them. This is basic. How do you not know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Your master
    Life then becomes a quest to become that important again to someone, and to people in general. Hence, Two’s classical association with the sin of Pride; which can be understood, at least partly, as the ego’s attempt to reproduce the sensations, feelings, vibrations of the early mother-infant relational circle. But descriptions of E2 typically correlate this type with the mothering role, not with living out an Infant motif. An explanation for the switch-up is that, at an initial stage when Mother is beginning to foster the infant’s individuation and separation, the infant Two’s reaction to the loss of the idyllic state is defiance, a precocious and swift rejection of Mother in response to the betrayal of not remaining in the worshipful state of the mother-infant bond. “You’re supposed to love and adore me; that’s what Other does.”
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stereotype Institute
    However, Twos’ inner development may be limited by their “shadow side”—pride, self-deception, the tendency to become over-involved in the lives of others, and the tendency to manipulate others to get their own emotional needs met. Transformational work entails going into dark places in ourselves, and this very much goes against the grain of the Two’s personality structure, which prefers to see itself in only the most positive, glowing terms.
    E2 = Positive Image
    E3 = Competency-based Image
    E4 = Reactive Image

Is that hard to understand?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop hitting yourself

I said, stop hitting yourself!

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2s feel like they have to take action in the form of helping for humping for people to love them.
    Fixed it for you.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixed it for you.
    E2 is also just the least sexy type. In fact, they fixate on being the most well-liked because they're the most pushy and least likable, just like 1 fixates on being the best because it's the worst and good at absolutely nothing practical or moral, 3 fixates on being the most successful and attractive because they're basement-bound failures with multiple hormone-based skin conditions and the wrong weight for their body, 4 fixates on trying to be the most unique since they're just like everyone else and it's worse the more they try, 5 fixates on trying to be smart because they're idiots who can't see the forest for the trees or even the trees for the trees behind their books, 6 fixates on finding security because they wouldn't recognize it if it smacked them in the face, 7 fixates on interesting things because they're unbearably boring and can't even entertain themselves, 8 fixates on power because they're wusses who no one likes and have bad manners and stink, and 9s fixate on peace because they're incompetent at even not doing anything and sow the seeds of strife and discord with their mere footsteps like some sort of red horseman who isn't enough of anybody to have a horse.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

E2 is also just the least sexy type. In fact, they fixate on being the most well-liked because they're the most pushy and least likable, just like 1 fixates on being the best because it's the worst and good at absolutely nothing practical or moral, 3 fixates on being the most successful and attractive because they're basement-bound failures with multiple hormone-based skin conditions and the wrong weight for their body, 4 fixates on trying to be the most unique since they're just like everyone else and it's worse the more they try, 5 fixates on trying to be smart because they're idiots who can't see the forest for the trees or even the trees for the trees behind their books, 6 fixates on finding security because they wouldn't recognize it if it smacked them in the face, 7 fixates on interesting things because they're unbearably boring and can't even entertain themselves, 8 fixates on power because they're wusses who no one likes and have bad manners and stink, and 9s fixate on peace because they're incompetent at even not doing anything and sow the seeds of strife and discord with their mere footsteps like some sort of red horseman who isn't enough of anybody to have a horse.
    Now, this is how to amuse me. I must say, you do seem slightly crazy, and perhaps that is an asset as I am almost tempted to sext you.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, this is how to amuse me. I must say, you do seem slightly crazy, and perhaps that is an asset as I am almost tempted to sext you.
    ...You know that was just meant as a joke, right?

Anyways

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

...You know that was just meant as a joke, right?
    Obviously. But you're reacting as if I wasn't supposed to find it funny. When is a joke not a joke?

Anyways
    Show me your assets.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 08-17-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12