Thread: How does activating Te manifest in SEEs-ESFps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How does SEE seek Te?

I've been considering two types for my sister, ESE or SEE. Something I've noticed her saying lately was making me wonder if it was seeking, so I thought I would ask the forum for some examples of -seeking for SEE.

My sister will get really really upset when the pressure's on to get something done. My mother is really devoted to but inefficient at getting things done: cleaning takes up the whole day, everything has to be done just so, etc. So she tries to tell my sister how to fill out these forms for college and such and my sister freaks out because it's not working, and starts yelling, "Just tell me how to do it! What you said isn't working!" Lately this kind of exchange has been happening alot.

Another example is that my mom will come up to her and check something she is doing by reading directions or procedures that my mom says must be followed exactly, to the point where my sister will get frustrated and protest, "Everyone knows you can't do it like that! What about..." etc. etc. to which my mom will reply, "It says you have do it this way."

Because I happened to be there one time, I came up to her and gave her some options for what to do. Mom was trying to tell her what she "had" to do but I told her what she "could" do. She seemed to really calm down after that. After that she started coming to me with questions, like how to write her honors society essay. Thankfully, I've been through this before so I calmly gave her thorough directions, and then storm seemed to pass. She was really pippy and happy after that, kind of like she was closer to me.

So...this may not be enough information, but could this be valuing? What would I need to observe to see if this was valuing?
    Last edited by esper; 07-30-2008 at 09:06 PM.
    Every physical action, from the crashing of a wave to the rusting of a tin can, can be thought of as a computation in which the universe moves from some initial input moment by moment to an outcome -- from a cresting ridge of water to bubbles of foam on the sand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How does activating Te manifest in SEEs-ESFps

structure, deadlines and schedules are the ABSOLUTE enemy of the SEE....

SEEs don't like to have obligations and prefer to do what they want to do whenever they do it depending on their mood or random inspiration/insight.

Based upon Point of least resistance, We really really don't like being told what to do by someone who thinks they're of a higher status than us simply on the basis of their authority. My mother was the same way when I was applying to college CONSTANTLY nagging me to do this and that and all this crap that I knew I didn't really need to do or that I would get around to doing eventually when I felt like it, but she kept nagging me to do it ASAP. Really pissed me off. Even though I might of felt like doing it later that day, probably more than once did I put it off even longer just out of spite....

But yeah, your sister does sound a lot more like an SEE than an ESE. This isn't based on logic derived from socionics theory, but i recommend that for a test to see if she's SEE.... try to piss her off really bad.

Like, just walk up to her out of the blue from your room or whatever and be like "you're a fucking asshole!" or "i hate you or something"

See how she responds. My guess would be that if she was an SEE she'd put up a fight in return and retaliate, or either act really hurt....

The ESE would probably keep his cool but wonder why you were acting that way and probably determine that it was some kind of misunderstanding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the better question would be how would you not know your sisters type? ... and then even try and ask the forum about it
    INTp

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
    Like, just walk up to her out of the blue from your room or whatever and be like "you're a fucking asshole!" or "i hate you or something"

See how she responds. My guess would be that if she was an SEE she'd put up a fight in return and retaliate, or either act really hurt....

The ESE would probably keep his cool but wonder why you were acting that way and probably determine that it was some kind of misunderstanding.
    Hey, people have done that to me before!

I don't think I put up a fight I just think that the other person is petty, and has minor problem they've decided is best put into idle attacks.

Probably closest to ESE? Does that mean? I MUST BE ESFJ!

I don't think I get it.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    Yeah, I don't even need to test that to know that that's true. I think that alot of people would react that way, though, but I guess there are differences. Actually, she's usually blowing up like that. No one in her household talks like that to her, but she's still pretty touchy.

If my mother's an ESE (which I think is more likely) you are totally right. It's what pisses me off because her and my sister will react to eachother for hours this way...my sister blowing up over something, mom trying to calmly get my sister to rationalize what she was saying and to justify my mom's own position, which just irks my sister more, and honestly it irks me too. I'd just be like, "Fine, you're mad" at a certain point but my mom is smothering. She can't let something like that go until everyone is happy and acknowledges that her own intentions were good.
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

At some point I think that people who are smothering have to be simply pushed away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post

Because I happened to be there one time, I came up to her and gave her some options for what to do. Mom was trying to tell her what she "had" to do but I told her what she "could" do. She seemed to really calm down after that. After that she started coming to me with questions, like how to write her honors society essay. Thankfully, I've been through this before so I calmly gave her thorough directions, and then storm seemed to pass. She was really pippy and happy after that, kind of like she was closer to me.
    I think SEE sounds right. In your interaction with her it seems like you provided her with Ni and she responded positively
    INFp-Ni