View Poll Results: Do you think the Joker is most likely the same quadra you are?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I'm Alpha

3 10.34%
  • It's my second choice, and I'm Alpha

1 3.45%
  • No, and I'm Alpha

4 13.79%
  • Yes, and I'm Beta

2 6.90%
  • It's my second choice, and I'm Beta

0 0%
  • No, and I'm Beta

1 3.45%
  • Yes, and I'm Gamma

1 3.45%
  • It's my second choice, and I'm Gamma

0 0%
  • No, and I'm Gamma

3 10.34%
  • Yes, and I'm Delta

5 17.24%
  • It's my second choice, and I'm Delta

0 0%
  • No, and I'm Delta

3 10.34%
  • I'm not confident about which quadra I'm in.

2 6.90%
  • I haven't seen the movie.

4 13.79%

Thread: Dark Knight's Joker

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dark Knight's Joker

Do you think Dark Knight's Joker is most likely in your quadra?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a public poll, btw. This will allow people to weigh the results according to whether they think that the voters actually are in the quadra they say they are (for those whose typings are disputed and those who enjoy making joke votes in polls).
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your hypothesis?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None, really. I'm just curious.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I do have a hunch about how the votes will fall (aside from the joke votes, of course). I sent you a PM, but I'm going to wait to post what my hunch was until after most people have already cast their votes.

I wouldn't really call it a hypothesis though. I really am mostly just curious.
    SEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Implied's delta?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Implied's delta?
    Yeah, just like niffweed and subterranean are Delta.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, for some reason I was thinking that your self-typing is LII. Am I mistaken?
    SEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew niffweed was ESTJ.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Yeah, just like niffweed and subterranean are Delta.
    i think and have thought for a long time that subterranean is EII.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw this movie yesterday...

Heath Ledger plays the Joker as beta NF, (he himself was Delta ST.) Compare the Joker with Aerosmith's Steven Tyler--and I don't just mean in the mouth area.

How people here could classify the Joker as Delta, and moreover ENFp... Yeah, explain yourselves please. That Batman is beta and represents 'good' and that the Joker is his counterpart and represents 'bad' (i.e. order vs. chaos) is not sound reasoning in terms of Socionics.

Batman is LSI; Bruce Wayne maybe ESI.

Many of the characters in this movie are Beta or Gamma i.e. Se base or valuing... M. Caine's character Alfred, Harvey Dent is ENXj, the Joker, Batman himself... Maggie Gyllenhall's character is tough to type b/c it seemed a little inconsistent.

The only character in the movie that is definitely Delta is Morgan Freeman's. (Gordon might be Delta introvert.)
    Last edited by JuJu; 07-30-2008 at 07:09 PM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I saw this movie yesterday...

Heath Ledger plays the Joker as beta NF, (he himself was Delta ST.) Compare the Joker with Aerosmith's Steven Tyler--and I don't just mean in the mouth area.

How people here could classify the Joker as Delta, and moreover ENFp... Yeah, explain yourselves please. That Batman is beta and represents 'good' and that the Joker is his counterpart and represents 'bad' (i.e. order vs. chaos) is not sound reasoning in terms of Socionics.

Batman is LSI; Bruce Wayne maybe ESI.

Many of the characters in this movie are Beta or Gamma i.e. Se base or valuing... M. Caine's character Alfred, Harvey Dent is ENXj, the Joker, Batman himself... Maggie Gyllenhall's character is tough to type b/c it seemed a little inconsistent.

The only character in the movie that is definitely Delta is Morgan Freeman's. (Gordon might be Delta introvert.)
    I agree with a lot of this (including Heath Ledger's type).

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i think and have thought for a long time that subterranean is EII.
    oic
    SEE

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hm, for some reason I was thinking that your self-typing is LII. Am I mistaken?
    I didn't like what you were implying by your statement.

Fuck knows what 'Subterranean' thinks his type is.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I didn't like what you were implying by your statement.

Fuck knows what 'Subterranean' thinks his type is.
    Okay, so you don't have a self-typing?

Anyways... sorry. I'm not sure why I assumed that your self-typing was LII. I checked my wikisocion type list and apparently have you as a self-typed LII there as well.
    SEE

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Okay, so you don't have a self-typing?

Anyways... sorry. I'm not sure why I assumed that your self-typing was LII. I checked my wikisocion type list and apparently have you as a self-typed LII there as well.
    INTj is technically my last self-typing, and I know that on average, self-typings are more reliable than typings by others. But I seem to have a contradictory mind at times.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    INTj is technically my last self-typing, and I know that on average, self-typings are more reliable than typings by others. But I seem to have a contradictory mind at times.
    Interestingly, my brother tells me the opposite. In other words, he says that people other than you are more able to tell your type. I'm not really sure which approach is correct, but what I have noticed is that some people seem like really obvious examples of certain types (to which everyone agrees), and yet they believe themselves to be something else.

Jason

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't really find anything that would consistently point to 1 type for the Joker, so I really doubt there could ever be any consensus on this. Sometimes it seems like people forget that these are written characters that won't always fall into neat little categories.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are the Betas?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ScarettLux, what type/quadra do you think the Joker is?

Subterranean, do you think Joker's IEE?
    Last edited by Joy; 07-31-2008 at 01:25 PM.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears that the Betas aren't finding there way into this topic for the most part, so I'm going to just go ahead and post my hunch. Here's the PM I sent Logos:

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    On second thought, I guess I technically do have one, though it's more of a hunch than a hypothesis.

My hunch is that some Alphas will say he could be Alpha, a lot of Betas will say he's probably Beta, no Gammas will say he's Gamma, and few (if any) Deltas will say he's Delta.

Of the Alphas, it seems to be mostly the SEI's that think he could be Alpha (I'm counting hitta as one of them ). For the most part they seem to not understand the character though. That whole "do I look like a man with a plan" thing that they seem to relate to is total bullshit. He was obviously just saying that to manipulate Dent. He'd planned everything.

fwiw, I agree that he's probably not Alpha, even though ILE is my second-ish choice.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the fact that SEIs relate to him more than any other Alpha type is a point for IEI?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    It is if they have completely opposite life philosophies and MO's.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually THA I would say that if their life philosophies are about the same thing, but with opposing views, then it is more likely that they are in the same quadra, IMO. The idea with sharing a "quadra" with people is that you are interested in similar psychological "territory," if you will; their actual "stances" on the subject, whatever it may be, are purely subjective, and, IMO, have less to do with psychological type.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Actually THA I would say that if their life philosophies are about the same thing, but with opposing views, then it is more likely that they are in the same quadra, IMO. The idea with sharing a "quadra" with people is that you are interested in similar psychological "territory," if you will; their actual "stances" on the subject, whatever it may be, are purely subjective, and, IMO, have less to do with psychological type.
    I see what you mean, and I agree specific opinions are secondary - but opposite quadras are usually interested in or fixated on the same things due to having the same elements blocked together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Oops, didn't read it properly; I haven't seen the movie.
    - xP
    [Stormy] [LII]

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hunch is that some Alphas will say he could be Alpha, a lot of Betas will say he's probably Beta, no Gammas will say he's Gamma, and few (if any) Deltas will say he's Delta.

Of the Alphas, it seems to be mostly the SEI's that think he could be Alpha (I'm counting hitta as one of them ). For the most part they seem to not understand the character though. That whole "do I look like a man with a plan" thing that they seem to relate to is total bullshit. He was obviously just saying that to manipulate Dent. He'd planned everything.

fwiw, I agree that he's probably not Alpha, even though ILE is my second-ish choice.
    I'm not definite in thinking the Joker is SEI, but in regards to the "do i look like a man with a plan" comment - I know that he said that for manipulation purposes - that's obvious, but ... Idk, it's hard to explain - I just relate to it in that I've said similar things in the past while having a plan of sorts. But they don't feel like plans to me, because they're based on hypotheticals - just "if this happens, I'll do this - if this goes wrong, I'll fall back on this" sort-of things. And people have pulled me up later with "you obviously planned all this out" when I really don't feel like I have. I guess maybe I make plans, then I throw them away and rely on my instincts, using the plans only as a rough guide. So saying that I don't have a plan seems true. But I'm probably reading too deep into this character lol. It's really more that I just get a familiar feeling from him - his tactics make sense to me.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see what you mean, and I agree specific opinions are secondary - but opposite quadras are usually interested in or fixated on the same things due to having the same elements blocked together.
    Ah yes, the legendary 'Are we too alike or too different' debate that is the predictable response of any psychological mind-wanking.

Sorry but you just made no sense, really.