Thread: Generation Kill

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Generation Kill

Anyone watch this show? It's hilarious, exciting, and occasionally touching. There's value in it in socionics terms, too, I think, as it's supposed to be pretty faithful to the book (which was a true story of a journalists time spent imbedded in a marine recon group during the Iraq invasion) so all the interactions should be realistic rather than just an author's imagination that could be hit or miss.

I'll throw out my impressions, let me know what you think. Images included just so people know who I'm talking about, as VI probably won't consistently have value since these are all actors.

Sgt. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert (front and center):

LSI IMO. Seems IJ, very laid back leadership but he can take charge of a situation with Se at times. He seems to have a Ti understand of things first and foremost. ESI might be possible though.

Cpl. Josh Ray Person:

right side, obviously. EIE IMO. He's very manic, but a lot of that is probably stress + sleep deprivation. He seems to mostly try to influence the reporter and his Sgt. with Fe, and especially try to get a response from the Sgt. He makes Ne connections easily but always in support of whatever Fe point he was trying to make or just as mockery of the whole concept.

Lance Cpl. Harold James Trombley:

It's hard to get a feel for him as anything other than crazy, but it seems like a more subdued Si crazy about feeling good than some sort of aggressive Se crazy. I have a hard time thinking N, and SLI seems to fit best with how he completely is oblivious to the constant Fe from Person.

Lt. Nathaniel Fick:

He seems a lot like Colbert, but less comfortable with Se and more comfortable with Ne possibilities. LII IMO, and IJ fits.

Meh, I'm getting bored. There are a shitload more characters, quite a few of whom actually say enough and interact enough to try to type, but I'll just do 1 last one, the one most interesting to me in fact, before this gets too long.

Sgt. Rodolfo 'Rudy' Reyes:

The fascinating thing about this character is its the actual guy playing himself haha. He was brought in as a consultant and ended up being cast as himself when they couldn't find anyone else to play him. So, I guess VI works here too. Anyway, I think ESE. He seems very Si and Fe and EJ seems to work.

Let me know what you think
    Last edited by BurntOrange; 07-31-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: fixing pics

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll check it out soon. I've seen a preview or two for the series and it looked like it had some promise. It has lots of alphas and betas though, you think?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the show has a massive cast, but the primary characters are probably the first three, since those are the guys that the reporter, Evan Wright, was riding along with. They also have a gunner, but he's up on top all the time and not involved in the conversations inside the vehicle. The last two I just included because they were interesting to me. Actually, the lieutenant probably gets nearly as much air time as the main guys, and there's dozens of other characters that get significant air time every episode.

Generally, the reporter doesn't even involve himself in the story that much, though. It'd actually be very interesting to know his type because you have to figure the whole thing is viewed through his lense, as he wrote the book and also is one of the writers for the show.

Here's a video of the real Colbert, the real Wright, and some clips from the show:

They show some footage that hasn't aired yet in there and Trombley came off as quite different. As for Wright's type, I still have no idea.

I definitely suggest you check the show out, it's fantastic.