Thread: Forum intertype relations

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Forum intertype relations

It just occured to me that despite being on this board for awhile now, there are some long term members who I may have never even responded to, and vice-versa. On the other hand, there are members who I always seem to be interacting with, both in good and bad terms.

Does this possibly have anything to do with intertype relations? What relation is most likely to see each party just ignoring the other?

Do you find that the same happens to you, or such that you interact with nearly everyone on a regular basis?
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post

Does this possibly have anything to do with intertype relations?
    yes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    yes.
    Come on, niffweed, don't keep me in suspense; throw an old dog a bone to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes
    I just like responding to your posts cause you kinda look like my ex-boss.
    I hope that boss was male, and human!
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on, niffweed, don't keep me in suspense; throw an old dog a bone to chew on.
    i'm not going to tell you "all people ignore their contraries" or something similar.

many relationships can be evaluated on an individual basis using quadra values and functional attributions. trying to generalize the situation is a very silly exercise.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I noticed the same thing. It's hard for me to pay attention to something unless it's provocative, interesting and personally engaging. There's a bunch of sucky shit here on the forums. Since I've tried to tone down my a bit, do you think y'all could try and use more and and to describe your viewpoints and experiences? (No? Well Fuck You then! ) That makes me go "Oooh this person is interesting to me, I want to get to know him/her and pm them." However if you are poor/unable/unwilling at doing this then oh well, life will go on. Just like in reality you're only gonna connect with a certain few people so yeah, I believe it is just intertype relationships.

Gilly might be a whiny, dramatic narcissistic straight boy but at least in his blog he used concrete details in his life that made me feel like I was actually getting to know him. Not all this airy airheaded idealism talk. But you types want to reserve that for your special inner circle or something. That's just a massive insecurity to me. How in the hell can I get to know what you're really about unless you get grittier?

But if you want truly new responses, you yourself are going to have to post in different ways to get more people to respond to you. But it's too frustrating/limiting to always place yourself in other people's shoes... there has to be some sort of balance. I ain't a pussy martyr for nobody. =D

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    There's a bunch of sucky shit here on the forums. Since I've tried to tone down my a bit, do you think y'all could try and use more and and to describe your viewpoints and experiences? (No? Well Fuck You then! )
    Phrased this way, I can see something I never saw before. Assuming I use a lot of Te, I would have no idea how to tone it down. If you feel something similar to that about Fe (despite me knowing full well how Fe should be toned down), then I can definitely see the inherent unfairness in being shouted down that way.

Gilly might be a whiny, dramatic narcissistic straight boy but at least in his blog he used concrete details in his life that made me feel like I was actually getting to know him. Not all this airy airheaded idealism talk. But you types want to reserve that for your special inner circle or something. That's just a massive insecurity to me. How in the hell can I get to know what you're really about unless you get grittier?
    'Idealism' in the sense of 'generalities'? Meaning, talking about things from your life, but stripping it of details and a great deal of emotional character so as to preserve your privacy with a bunch of 'strangers' on the internet? It sounds like your definition of grittiness deals primarily with the emotional spin one puts on a story; would that be correct to say?

But if you want truly new responses, you yourself are going to have to post in different ways to get more people to respond to you. But it's too frustrating/limiting to always place yourself in other people's shoes... there has to be some sort of balance. I ain't a pussy martyr for nobody. =D
    Can't tell if you're speaking to me directly, or just remarking in general. In the case of the former with respect to the OP, people I don't interact with usually don't interest me. Those who I get along with me interest me because we have common views and interest; those whith whom I conflict interest me because I find my values under threat, and in a perverse sort of way defending that is enjoyable. However, there is a small group who simply never enters my radar for some reason. I don't know that I could ever be motivated to change my approach so as to include them.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah you have a point there. I have no idea why I respond more to certain posts than others. In fact, I don't think I have responded to your posts, right? Weird.

Or maybe I have and just forgotten. I am bad at remembering user names. I do usually stay in the delta quadra for the most part though.

I tend to like the "what has your life experience with X been" type of posts and respond to those most I think.

It just occured to me that despite being on this board for awhile now, there are some long term members who I may have never even responded to, and vice-versa. On the other hand, there are members who I always seem to be interacting with, both in good and bad terms.

Does this possibly have anything to do with intertype relations? What relation is most likely to see each party just ignoring the other?

Do you find that the same happens to you, or such that you interact with nearly everyone on a regular basis?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diana & jewels: Though I didn't really have anyone specific in mind when I wrote that, I think you two probably qualify for a lack interaction with me.

But please excuse me while I eat a few words here: I don't find either of you boring or uninteresting. Your names do in fact stand out to me as 'posts to read' very often. I guess, Diana, what you say about responding more to those with whom you disagree is pretty relevent; neither you nor jewels write posts that have me chomping at the bit to criticize, haha, and maybe that explains it.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just H8 EVERYBODY!!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that sometimes it can be type relations. I also think that it is often times not natural because we have seen cases where people act differently with people once their types change. But when people don't know what their types are they can still like someone's posts. I think that it may have to do more with club sometimes than the specific relation. I think this also has to do with what Maria said that the type relation doesn't become as clear until you have had extensive and/or irl interaction.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I find most people don't feel like they're invested enough for me to give a shit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

I've talked to Minde; I've talked to Herzy. I don't dislike Minde, nor do I like Herzy that much. Go figure.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've heard that duals tend to ignore/avoid one another because they naturally highlight each other's weak spots, and are also usually interested in different things, or different aspects of the same thing.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I've heard that duals tend to ignore/avoid one another because they naturally highlight each other's weak spots, and are also usually interested in different things, or different aspects of the same thing.
    In real life, yes, this is how I interact with my duals (unless we get one on one then it's jaw-droppingly amazing) but I don't know how true that would be online. I seem to be naturally gravitating towards my Identicals more than anything else. I will only know who I really miss though when I leave or they're gone, and I'm too interested in the forum still for that to happen.

But when I see no more use for my time here, only then might my views of others change. Or they may stay exactly the same, I just don't know. My opinion of most people changes more than I would like it to.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I was thinking about something like this before. Although in the context, I've often felt that there are people who I "really feel" and people who are "easy". Sometimes it's nice to relax with "easy" people.

Some people seem to like to "hilight" my faults, and that can agitate me.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i agree that in real life duals can fade in the background, but I think it's not always the case. I think opposite subtype duals can attract a bit more. I think here, where we know about duality there is a heightened interest in talking to one's dual. And we've got a subject to talk about in common, so it sets things up nicely if attraction is there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we should hook people up and become the greatest dating site ever

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol they have socionicsdating.com or something. People have used the profiles as VIs sometimes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A russian chick on that site: "I the blonde, at me blue eyes. I like to prepare for a meal, to travel and have a rest on the nature."

Where has she been all my life?!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Make of that what you will.
    No. You're gonna have to describe yourself and why you get along with those types a little more deeply there. =p

But just to copycat: My types seem to be SEIs, IEIs, SLEs and a few IEEs. No particular order whatsoever.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    My closest and consistently positive forum relations have been with LIEs, ILIs, IEEs, and an EIE. Make of that what you will.
    And me, but that's because I'm special.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box