Thread: Example of SLE/ESTp using Introverted Intuition Ni (Churchill)

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Example of SLE/ESTp using Introverted Intuition Ni (Churchill)

This is what Winston Churchill wrote as a schoolboy in the last decade of the Victorian era.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill
    I can see vast changes coming over a now peaceful world; great upheavals, terrible struggles; wars such as one cannot imagine; and I tell you London will be in danger -- London will be attacked and I shall be very prominent in the defence of London . . . I see farther ahead than you do. I see into the Future. The country will be subjected somehow to a tremendous invasion . . . but I tell you I shall be in command of the defences of London and I shall save London and the Empire from disaster.
    Talk about Ni.

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it's more ... the sense of "this is exactly how it is going to go."

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This is an interesting way to look at it. Strangely enough, I relate heavily to this quote - my "predictions" in life are expressed as Churchill has expressed his. It's all about the future for me and understanding that such and such WILL be achieved. I'm not so sure Ni ego, or at least Ni as a first function would be so ... sure ... about whatever it is they are predicting, and also way more explicit and detailed. I'm not sure Ni first would really be able to even flesh out their visions so much as to really state "This is going to happen, like THIS!!!" as Churchill seems to do. Ni ego to me is way more convoluted, hard to express perhaps?

Or so I've heard from real Ni ego types. This is one thing that does make me question my own suppose usage of Ni. I use it more as Churchill uses it.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    This is what Winston Churchill wrote as a schoolboy in the last decade of the Victorian era.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill
    I can see vast changes coming over a now peaceful world; great upheavals, terrible struggles; wars such as one cannot imagine; and I tell you London will be in danger -- London will be attacked and I shall be very prominent in the defence of London . . . I see farther ahead than you do. I see into the Future. The country will be subjected somehow to a tremendous invasion . . . but I tell you I shall be in command of the defences of London and I shall save London and the Empire from disaster.
    Talk about Ni.
    Sounds like Ne to me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    yes. his eye is on the goal.

sometimes i experience Ni from an IEI to be more like telling you what you can do TODAY to prevent thus and such from happening. more like the IEI sees how things COULD unfold if certain actions aren't taken. they are more day to day with a multitude of futures in mind; dynamic.

so, SLE is in a great position to hear this type of advice since they are people of action. if IEI advises that certain action will drive a certain outcome on the road to SLE's goal, SLE will definitely listen. and SLE will be able to execute said action, since they are flexible about their actions and about being able to do the exact right thing to get things moving.

interesting side point: i am often able to benefit from Ni type of advice for some reason. some little tidbit or hint about what to do right now often helps me quite a bit, especially when it's tied into a long range goal.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    yes. his eye is on the goal.

sometimes i experience Ni from an IEI to be more like telling you what you can do TODAY to prevent thus and such from happening. more like the IEI sees how things COULD unfold if certain actions aren't taken. they are more day to day with a multitude of futures in mind; dynamic.

so, SLE is in a great position to hear this type of advice since they are people of action. if IEI advises that certain action will drive a certain outcome on the road to SLE's goal, SLE will definitely listen. and SLE will be able to execute said action, since they are flexible about their actions and about being able to do the exact right thing to get things moving.

interesting side point: i am often able to benefit from Ni type of advice for some reason. some little tidbit or hint about what to do right now often helps me quite a bit, especially when it's tied into a long range goal.
    Yeah I don't think Ni is categorical and specific. Just too many variables. Probably why Ni greatly appreciates help in cutting away redundant 'branches'.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Churchill

Talk about Ni.
    If he really wrote that and it is not just a legend then that is interesting. It gives a new perspective on Ni (if we assume that he had very weak Ni). However, you cannot know how he ended up with this perspective. Perhaps he read gazillion opinions from Ni writers and then formed his own far sighted view by combining those into this kind of simplistic prediction which makes it clear to him what is his goal. SLE is farsighted but not all Ni types are. Perhaps SLE seeks random Ni input from around in order to mold it into a specific goal oriented whole.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I view Ni as more of a specific event of what's going to happen in the near future. Not a bunch of general, broad crap like that. Ni is much more psychic and introverted-y. That definitely sounds like Ne and not Ni.

That's why Ni and Se work well together... because they are both more 'in the moment' and play off of one another because of that. Understand?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    as vague a prediction as your understanding of the 5th function.
    Yeah, really. It sounds like me trying to write love poems.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zenbrat View Post
    Sounds like Ne to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    That definitely sounds like Ne and not Ni.
    How? As jxrtes explained here:

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    But from the perspective of Ni types, it could look like the Ne type is combining two or more unrelated ideas.
    Or in a different respect (if so, please describe)?

For a supposed SLE, he was bullied and picked on for being a small child when he was a boy, and developed certain ideas of grandeur as a result, most likely.
    Ahh, I wasn't under the impression that there's no way in which such a tough guy as the SLE could possibly be bullied or picked on as a kid. Nor was I under the impression that SLEs must be of a muscular, or at least large, build.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How?
    I made a whole thread about this in this same folder, how Se and Ni work together that further describes exactly what I mean. I can't describe Ne that well because I'm not proficient in it, but it would work the opposite of what I do understand very well: Ni.

Also so many people are bullied even muscular guys. What the hell. People get bullied for all sorts of shit- how can that even possibly be type related? I suppose there are some natural inclinations but you'd go too much into stereotypeville. Again you need those real, moving-right-now motion examples!

Anybody that really got to know a SLE would know how much they can be bullied/abused. Look deeper much?