Thread: ENFps and housework

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFps and housework

ENFps, how do you feel about doing housework chores (laundry, cleaning, etc)? Do you enjoy it, dread it? Discuss.

Other types, feel free to share your experiences with ENFps you know.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ENFp friend that I know would use me coming over as an excuse to NOT do housework.

Her: "Oh Luis, I was suppose to clean my room but since you're here let's play some super mario bros 3!"
    Me: "Aren't you gonna finish?"
    Her: "meh."
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I can actually enjoy housework, like if I'm in a bad mood mindless exertion is great. I have stuff pretty well under control now. It just took me a while to get everything organized and get an apartment with adequate storage space. That was most of my issue - not having enough places to put stuff. If I get busy, though, things start to slide. I just have to remember to make time for it..

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    It's sports. I time myself. I try to do it faster and faster every time. I'm soon to be the world champion.
    Hahaha, I do something similar...but it's because I dread it so much. Once I'm in the middle of it I realize it's not so bad. But it still gets me every time. I just have a hard time pulling myself away from more interesting things and I procrastinate like crazy. But like tiny dancer said, it does do me good to get my body moving in a mindless task sometimes...especially when I'm having an especially difficult time shutting my brain off (which happens a lot). I just need a little push to get me started.

I could never say that I "enjoy" repetitive, mundane tasks for what they are though and I don't ever see myself being enthusiastic about doing them. Cooking (on occasion) is an exception.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stayed with my brothers in Brisbane for a week during the holidays (before Mum and Dad were due home from a trip) ... and MEH. Caregiver for the lose. They're IEE/SLI. My SLI brother is reasonably tidy, but IEE was actually camping in the back yard in favour of washing his sheets. lol My SLI brother was all apologetic that the place was a mess when I arrived, and the two of us cleaned it up, while IEE arrived home later and seemed astounded at the transformation. lol
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like cleaning, but I just force myself to do a certain amount each day. Otherwise it wouldn't get done. I put on music while I do it. If I get behind for some reason, my husband steps in and cleans, but that hasn't happened for a long time. With a new baby on the way I'm sure it will again. But our general agreement is that he goes and makes money, and I keep the place reasonably clean.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol define "reasonably clean".

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    lol define "reasonably clean".

There is clutter. But it is clean. It isn't all that cluttered but I can't seem to get it looking like the homes of some of my friends. How do they keep all their surfaces completely clear and all that?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I don't like cleaning, but I just force myself to do a certain amount each day. Otherwise it wouldn't get done. I put on music while I do it. If I get behind for some reason, my husband steps in and cleans, but that hasn't happened for a long time. With a new baby on the way I'm sure it will again. But our general agreement is that he goes and makes money, and I keep the place reasonably clean.
    This is what I do also...or try to, anyway. Congratulations on the new baby!

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see housework as one of those things that no one really wants to do...

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I see housework as one of those things that no one really wants to do...
    You'd be surprised. I think some people actually find pleasure in these activities. I'm curious to hear how/if it could be type related. Any ideas, anyone?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    You'd be surprised. I think some people actually find pleasure in these activities. I'm curious to hear how/if it could be type related. Any ideas, anyone?
    I didn't really mean it as a criticism or anything (just in case). I was just thinking I mean out of all the things to occupy ones time with... I don't know... .. .

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't really mean it as a criticism or anything (just in case). I was just thinking I mean out of all the things to occupy ones time with... I don't know... .. .
    Don't worry, I didn't take it as one. And I agree with you...out of all the things out there, really....

Creepy-Cyclops

Some people would say the same thing about people sitting for hours on their computers

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is clutter. But it is clean. It isn't all that cluttered but I can't seem to get it looking like the homes of some of my friends. How do they keep all their surfaces completely clear and all that?
    I can't figure it out either. They use windex?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFps, how do you feel about doing housework chores (laundry, cleaning, etc)? Do you enjoy it, dread it? Discuss.

Honestly?

I don't do it.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Honestly?

I don't do it.
    Does someone else do it for you or do you live in a pigsty? And why do you dislike it so much? I'm trying to figure out if this has something to do with type.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does someone else do it for you or do you live in a pigsty? And why do you dislike it so much? I'm trying to figure out if this has something to do with type.
    Someone does it for me. I dont know if its that I dislike it, as much as that I never get around to it

But, it could be fun.

Imagination & all.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to clean, but I keep up w/ it for other people's benefit. I don't want to disgust my roomates.

When I lived alone, my place was rather repulsive but it really didn't bother me. There was a point in time where I remember seeing a piece of pita chip on the floor and thinking "hmm, yeah I should pick that up. eh..." And it sat there for way too long.

I wouldn't take care of things until they were completely piled up, and then I'd do it all at once so I could see a difference.

I'm sure most ENFps are cleaner than me though.

I think ISTjs kinda enjoy it.

@Slackermom, I think the people who have completely clean surfaces in their homes have no clutter because they have no lives. If your only hobby is removing things from surfaces, than yeah, they'll be clean. But how lame a life is that?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah really. the mail is the worst. it's been on my list to buy filing cabinets forever.

but you know, i'd probably set up this great filing system and then never use it....lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    There was a point in time where I remember seeing a piece of pita chip on the floor and thinking "hmm, yeah I should pick that up. eh..." And it sat there for way too long.
    lol
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely don't enjoy cleaning, but love clean surroundings at once. I do everything to avoid that 'duty', although there are few days when I just can't stand seeing spiderwebs and clouds of dust (especially in my room) and make everything shine.
    I used to keep everything clean all the time, but now I'm complete opposite .
    IEE. subtype.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hate basic chores, like em only when everything else in my life is organized...put them off.....don't mind doing them all at once at a later date when accomplishing this feat in a given timeline is actually a challenge...then maybe i'll do it.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA