Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: INFJ? video of me

  1. #1
    Melix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu Hawaii
    TIM
    INFP
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default INFJ? [video of me]

    I actually made this video a while ago. While studying personality types I found a bunch of people talking about themselves and their types and I decided to make my own.

    At the time I was sure I was an INFJ... but i'm starting to wonder if i'm actually an INTJ or maybe an ISFJ.

    What do you guys think?






    Many people have mentioned that I look and sound like i'm 12.

    Just to clarify.. I'm 18.

    ;]

  2. #2
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Aww, I like you a lot already Melix, so soothing, so adorable. Your whole aura is very Alpha, and I would definitely agree with the typing of ISFp (SEI) for you. INFJ is MBTI, not Socionics. STAY AWAY =D!

    Umm, what you said near the end about liking one on one situations more - I think that's actually pretty damn common, I mean, everyone knows you can only truly get to know someone if it's just you and them, not you and them and a whole bunch of other people around!

    However, I think that preference for one on one interaction is related more to you probably being an Sx first type (Enneagram) like I am. Sx instinct looks for intensity, chemistry in any kind of relationship/friendship, moreso than So which is more about personal connection and would quite enjoy group situations, at least to a greater extent than you have expressed liking for in your video.

    I hope to see more of you, I really liked your dolls! I wish I was able to be artistic like that... *sigh* It's one of my biggest yearnings. Anyway, see you around!


    [[Posted @ the16types identification thread as well]]


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  3. #3
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You are cute. =)

    You are not a Fi type. More Fe imo.

    I wish I have more Fe too.

  4. #4
    Melix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu Hawaii
    TIM
    INFP
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Aww, I like you a lot already Melix, so soothing, so adorable. Your whole aura is very Alpha, and I would definitely agree with the typing of ISFp (SEI) for you. INFJ is MBTI, not Socionics. STAY AWAY =D!

    Umm, what you said near the end about liking one on one situations more - I think that's actually pretty damn common, I mean, everyone knows you can only truly get to know someone if it's just you and them, not you and them and a whole bunch of other people around!

    However, I think that preference for one on one interaction is related more to you probably being an Sx first type (Enneagram) like I am. Sx instinct looks for intensity, chemistry in any kind of relationship/friendship, moreso than So which is more about personal connection and would quite enjoy group situations, at least to a greater extent than you have expressed liking for in your video.

    I hope to see more of you, I really liked your dolls! I wish I was able to be artistic like that... *sigh* It's one of my biggest yearnings. Anyway, see you around!


    [[Posted @ the16types identification thread as well]]
    Aw Thanks so much! [Honestly I was worried about how people might perceive me in video] I'm so relieved! :]

    I realize now that i've been really confused. I've been studying MBTI, not much socionics. I didnt know there was that much of a difference.

    Do any of you know of any good sites that I can get more information about Socionics? I cant seem to find any good ones.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melix View Post
    Aw Thanks so much! [Honestly I was worried about how people might perceive me in video] I'm so relieved! :]

    I realize now that i've been really confused. I've been studying MBTI, not much socionics. I didnt know there was that much of a difference.

    Do any of you know of any good sites that I can get more information about Socionics? I cant seem to find any good ones.
    http://www.socionics.us

  6. #6
    Melix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu Hawaii
    TIM
    INFP
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How reliable are online tests? Just to be sure I took several online tests and I keep getting EII/INFJ.

    I think It describes me well up until it gets into the part about [& i know this sounds horrible] humanitarian efforts. I've never done anything like that.. and i know its a nice thought.. but I just never really thought much about it. They seem way too nice. I'm nice... but i'm not that nice.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melix View Post
    How reliable are online tests? Just to be sure I took several online tests and I keep getting EII/INFJ.
    absolutely useless.

  8. #8
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you're SEI and you seem like a very nice person. Welcome!

    Honestly I think you and I have quite a bit in common.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  9. #9
    Darkstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think she is to frail to be an ISFp

  10. #10
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    I think she is to frail to be an ISFp


    ^SEI VI?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  11. #11
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    It's probably too late, but I recommend not going to this particular website right now, as it was hacked at some point and now might install malicious software when you visit it. I'm not sure if this is fixed, but Google still has it marked as potentially dangerous. It's a shame because it does have good information on it. A safer alternative in the meantime might be http://wikisocion.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    It's probably too late, but I recommend not going to this particular website right now, as it was hacked at some point and now might install malicious software when you visit it. I'm not sure if this is fixed, but Google still has it marked as potentially dangerous. It's a shame because it does have good information on it. A safer alternative in the meantime might be http://wikisocion.org.
    the virus is not particularly malevolent. good antivirus software should eat it up rather swiftly.

    in my opinion socionics.us is the best socionics resource available.

  13. #13
    Darkstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post


    ^SEI VI?
    well, not frail on a physical level. I wasn't really happy with the word. But to un-powerful, lacks focus, strength..

    Don't read what I write but what I mean

  14. #14
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    well, not frail on a physical level. I wasn't really happy with the word. But to un-powerful, lacks focus, strength..

    Don't read what I write but what I mean
    Sorry, it was meant to be a light hearted joke, but how will I know what you mean if I don't know who you are?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  15. #15
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think she's frail like an EII like munenori.
    RAWR. I'll beat you up because I'm mean and powerful [insert gratuitous bicep pic]!
    Last edited by munenori2; 07-25-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Beep beep boop!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  16. #16
    Melix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu Hawaii
    TIM
    INFP
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think she's frail like an EII like munenori.
    I'm NOT frail! haha..

    To be honest though..I just did some research on it and I'm definately not an ISFp.

    Maybe I appered that way on the video because I was talking about my hobbies and they all just happend to be related to art. So that made me seem way ISFp. If thats the only reason then I really dont think thats me.

    So i'm really still thinking EII. I read several descriptions and it seems to fit me pretty well.

    I found some more videos of myself.. idk maybe it could help you guys get a better feel of who I am.. Although these are a bit silly.


    http://youtube.com/watch?v=wsfJo-odpyU
    Last edited by Melix; 07-25-2008 at 07:25 PM.

  17. #17
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melix View Post
    I'm NOT frail! haha..

    To be honest though..I just did some research on it and I'm definately not an ISFp.

    Maybe I appered that way on the video because I was talking about my hobbies and they all just happend to be related to art. So that made me seem way ISFp. If thats the only reason then I really dont think thats me.

    So i'm really still thinking EII. I read several descriptions and it seems to fit me pretty well.

    what do you guys think?
    I wouldn't worry so much about a type right now. If you want, hang around here for a while, get involved in the community. After a while, things will tend to become more clear imo. I'd say you are a pretty plain IxFx, not ISFj, and my money would be on either EII or SEI. IEI less likely. There are certain personal factors that I think confound typing people.

    However, what do I know? We've only just met!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i would agree. koreans have a saying translating literally "do what is in accordance with your heart".

    do what you want. there are also different ways of figuring out a type.

  19. #19
    Darkstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would love to see your whole body and not just your face. Just some minutes ago I heard that 55% of communication is through body language. Sure maybe much of body language is in the face but I want more!

  20. #20
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    12,802
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    She has a similar mouth to a lot of the EII's here (imo): http://www.socionics.us/celebrities/eii.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  21. #21
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melix View Post
    What do you guys think?
    I just think you're girly

  22. #22
    Melix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu Hawaii
    TIM
    INFP
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    You creep.
    That made me laugh.

    All joking aside though, I do get what you mean darkstar. I was actually thinking that myself. I always record myself so I never really filmed my whole body.

    If it helps:
    People tell me that I have a distinct walk. I dont notice it but they say that when i'm walking somewhere I always walk really fast and take small steps and that i'm either looking around if i'm comfortable, or looking at my shoes if i'm not. I usually have my hands up at my sides for some reason. Its like a habit of mine.
    I also tend to flip and play with my hair a lot too.

  23. #23
    Darkstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kinda strange having people comment on how you walk. Does it happen often?

    But NO it don't help. We need visual confirmation ASAP

  24. #24
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    I wish I have more Fe too.
    Are you stupid or something? If you're EII, you are adept in Fe; it's your demonstrative (8th) function.

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    You creep.
    Ahahaha.

  25. #25
    Melix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu Hawaii
    TIM
    INFP
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    Kinda strange having people comment on how you walk. Does it happen often?

    My sister only mentioned it because she was trying to imitate me. Every now and then she laughs about my weird mannerisms... Just being a sister I suppose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •