TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Model A

Yep, it's that time again.

1st: The eyes through which you see the world. You often don't even realize you're doing it because it's so automatic and natural. You are very confident in this function.

2nd: If the first function is "who you are", the second is "what you do". You're more consciously aware of your use of this function.

3rd: This is an area that you'll sometimes feel you should be giving more attention to. Criticism in areas related to your 3rd function may be irritating but difficult to disagree with. At best the 3rd function is a tool that serves the 1st. At worst it's an annoying necessary evil. Your dual's 7th function helps balance out your 3rd function (and vice versa).

4th: This is an area that is difficult to find balance in. You either give it too much attention or not enough. (If you do try to give it too much attention, it will be quite burdensome to your psyche because no amount of effort toward your 4th function will ever be enough, and it will usually just make the situation worse.) Criticism in areas related to your 3rd function can leave you feeling like there's nothing more you could have done. Your only defense is to say that it's not important (due to reasons related to your 1st, 2nd, or 6th function).

5th: This function (and possibly the 4th) is the weakest function. You are likely to feel helpless without it, but you're incapable of providing it for yourself.

6th: This is an area that you want to be stronger in. Instead of wanting someone to take care of it for you (as with the 4th and 5th functions), you want someone to help you be good at doing it yourself.

7th: You're good enough at this to know how to avoid giving it any more attention than is absolutely necessary. If people tell you that you should give it more attention, you often confidently tell them that they're wrong (or just ignore them). Your dual's 3rd function helps balance out your 7th function (and vice versa).

8th: This is an area that you enjoy giving some attention to, but you don't see it as being especially important.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Yep, it's that time again.

1st: The eyes through which you see the world. You often don't even realize you're doing it because it's so automatic and natural. You are very confident in this function. Good

2nd: If the first function is "who you are", the second is "what you do". You're more consciously aware of your use of this function. Good

3rd: This is an area that you'll sometimes feel you should be giving more attention to. Criticism in areas related to your 3rd function may be irritating but difficult to disagree with. At best the 3rd function is a tool that serves the 1st. At worst it's an annoying necessary evil. Your dual's 7th function helps balance out your 3rd function (and vice versa).
    This is more or less a function that isn't used, its unvalued and weak. Its somewhat ignored, and it being ignored is noticed in your character.

4th: This is an area that is difficult to find balance in. You either give it too much attention or not enough. (If you do try to give it too much attention, it will be quite burdensome to your psyche because no amount of effort toward your 4th function will ever be enough, and it will usually just make the situation worse.) Criticism in areas related to your 3rd function can leave you feeling like there's nothing more you could have done. Your only defense is to say that it's not important (due to reasons related to your 1st, 2nd, or 6th function). Very similar to 3.

5th: This function (and possibly the 4th) is the weakest function. You are likely to feel helpless without it, but you're incapable of providing it for yourself.
    Unconscious motivator. This function makes you want to do your ego functions. It gives you a reason for them to work.

6th: This is an area that you want to be stronger in. Instead of wanting someone to take care of it for you (as with the 4th and 5th functions), you want someone to help you be good at doing it yourself. Similar to 5.

7th: You're good enough at this to know how to avoid giving it any more attention than is absolutely necessary. If people tell you that you should give it more attention, you often confidently tell them that they're wrong (or just ignore them). Your dual's 3rd function helps balance out your 7th function (and vice versa). This is a function you despise. You want nothing to do with this function. It is unconscous therefore it is a motivator. Everything you do is in spite of this.

8th: This is an area that you enjoy giving some attention to, but you don't see it as being especially important.Similar to 7.
    The End.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree with this explanation.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how other people see their 8th function, but personally I only consider it worth giving attention to insofar as it supports my creative function. Otherwise I find it useless and annoying. Again, not sure if this is just me or if that applies to people in general.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    I'm not sure how other people see their 8th function, but personally I only consider it worth giving attention to insofar as it supports my creative function. Otherwise I find it useless and annoying. Again, not sure if this is just me or if that applies to people in general.
    I think that sounds like it could be the case for me as well!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's sort of annoying to deal with other people's Ne sometimes, but I don't mind using Ne myself. I enjoy a good brain storming session from time to time, for example.

Maybe the 8th function is one of those "when and if I feel like it" things.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also do not really have a problem with either, since it is an incredibly useful function.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I think my view of the demonstrative is somewhat similar to this. I believe that that it is something you give attention and some level of "importance" to and that you have extreme confidence in, but it's still "unimportant" in that you have next to zero interest in having to provide it for others and/or receiving it from others.
    There has to be a certain level of providing it, otherwise duality wouldn't work. It's just not something that there's a huge focus on. In duality, it's sort of a back ground process.

also, if someone is coming from a viewpoint of your 8th, you have no trouble understanding it, but are probably less likely to find it all that "relevant."
    This is a very good way to put it. (I still think it can be sort of fun, when and if I feel like it though.)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with the 5th. I'm not incapable of providing Ni for myself; I just don't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Joy's evaluations spot on. I also agree with ideas that were added about the 8th function being used in support of the creative function (I think I do that, probably a little bit too much, actually).

Other than that, my only comment is not to forget how the psyche has the tendency to use the 5th suggestive function in a VERY immature manner when it is not being adequately represented by someone who is proficient with that IM element.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Model A reminds me of KITT (Knight Rider) control panel

You can see KITT's eight functions right here

Turbo boost was definitely its POLR, KITT needed Michael Knight to tell him when to use it.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Bist du Deutsch?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.