Thread: What type do you usually convey in your first impressions with strangers

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ...

Last edited by xerx; 10-12-2008 at 04:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk if my type comes off as different , but I only act like my normal self if I feel as if it's "okay" based on the people i'm around.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I portray the role of a mute young man that smiles until his face hurts. I come off as so shy that people might think I'm weird sometimes. One guy actually told me that once, but he was also the least imaginative person I'd ever met in my life and kind of a douchebag.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea...haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    I have no idea...haha
    ^ESE. Lots of talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ES--. Only with strangers and only when in a good mood.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    ^ESE. Lots of talking.
    lol, no shit... and you would know...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vary greatly. Sometimes I might act as though I've known them for years, thus being quite open, yet other times I can be very reserved. I've no idea why this is, but that's how I tend to be. I think the latter moreso than the former, though the former is not entirely rare. Then again me meeting strangers is a rare occurrence anyway, so perhaps this should be taken with a small portion of salt. A grain sounds like an optimally sized portion.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I come off as polite and quiet.
    I'd say this about myself when I meet a group of people for the first time.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very odd to me I can be one of the most talkative people in a group of strangers but the quietest with people i know well.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENxx

extraverted, weird, somewhata annoying but likeable
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably ISTj most of the times.
    Sometimes ESTp if there's lots of Ni, sometimes ISFp if I'm tired but in a good mood, sometimes ISTp to deltas.
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what type I convey. It depends a lot on the people/group I meet. I can appear rather extroverted and goofy even enthusiastic. I can also appear highly introverted and detached. It depends on whether I have a "fitting in" experience or not. This experience happens in an instance I meet someone or step in the the same space with a group. If I don't get the "fitting in" experience I just detach myself. I might do an effort here and there. Try to connect with specific people in the group. Usually though I just know it instantly whether I want to be there or not and if I don't want to be there then I will appear very introverted.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Probably INTj. Like superficial nerdy and Daria, science-y. Underneath I'm really not like that... but that is the first impression. Somebody with good book-smarts but can't catch a football. I can manipulate teachers quite well by playing the "innocent tortured boy-next-door act" but as my enemies can you, it's not really me hehe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I portray the role of a mute young man that smiles until his face hurts. I come off as so shy that people might think I'm weird sometimes. One guy actually told me that once, but he was also the least imaginative person I'd ever met in my life and kind of a douchebag.
    hahaha you aren't weird at all Mune.. and you have great stuff to say.. you should speak up more often.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, I just had a discussion about this recently. I had grown comfortable being around a group of people, I was more natural, more myself. They were kind of surprised. They commented how I am completely contradicting their impression of myself. That I was talkative, engaging. They had me pegged as being a reclusive loner. So I'd say because of me taking a while to get to know somebody before being able to engage them makes me appear reclusive and withdrawn, introvert, logical, and not valuing Fe.

However, thinking about it, there are exceptions to this. If I am, for example, meting a new person in the company of somebody I know, where the other person is a good friend of theirs, and it's in a nice environment, then I tend to be more myself and tend to be talkative and engaging. Then I give the impression of being open to new ideas, as I tend to spend most of my time with them engaged in a discussion of things I find interesting, amusing, but not through having a sense of humor, but through being able to entertain people without realizing it, zany. I'd say in such situations I give the impression of being talkative and enthusiastic, extrovert and logical.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends. Most often quiet and smiling. Especially in a group of extroverts. Though if everyone's quiet, I would attempt to get the conversation rolling. Sometimes when I'm making a real effort to be more outgoing, someone'll say "boy, you're quiet, aren't you." Meh. Here's a medal for you. But it really depends on what mood I'm in at the particular time. I can be overly familiar with strangers, not in a creepy way lol - in an 'avoiding formalities', playful way.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe dominant

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE for the most part. When I'm really unsure of how people will take me I probably come off as SEI instead, though.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want to say....SLE. but i'm not sure if this is right.

i've been told by a number of people that their first impression is that i'm intimidating.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSI (if it's about work or serious stuff)
    or SEE (hanging out, shopping, chatting in a pub ..............) ..especially the fi-see kind like fen.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes people who have recently met me have said i seem very formal and polite. i often come across probably as more intellectual than i am. on the flip side, i've noticed that depending on my mood people might see me as impish, and not knowing me, might not know that it isn't something i'll go too far with.

now that i'm on years and years of sleep deprivation, i think that some people who meet meet me might think i'm inarticulate. if that's not a wake up call, i don't know what is.

i think some people might also perceive me as helpless because sometimes people will take over what i'm doing. i'm still thinking about that one. in a work setting this happens with customer service stuff and random things like opening stuff or flattening a box. i think i need to find ways to make myself look more competent because i guess i feel that if people start seeing me as incapable that this won't benefit me later. sigh. i just want to get away.

anyway i don't know. i guess i think that people usually see me as an introverted person, regardless of all of this stuff. introverted, serious, polite. so maybe dom, at first? if they realize i'm not a "people person," dom?

really, i think, in many workplaces, there is little tolerance for irrationality.