Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you organize things?

Inspired by Kioshi!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um... hate to break it to ya, but I really don't.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm...there isn't a specific way really.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I organise my living space by keeping it relatively neat and tidy. When placing things, I like them placed almost as though I had a grid I could align them to. It's hard to explain what I mean exactly, but it's like I've got the computer desk in a corner, then along the wall to my right I have my guitar and keyboard leaning against the wall. Then to my left I have the bin tucked in a corner, along with my bedside table against the wall and then my bed, which is also aligned against the other wall. I would take pictures to demonstrate what I mean but I'm too lazy. But yeah, I like things aligned squarely as it were. And I like to keep the most space in the middle. I apply this sort of method to my work desk also; everything is aligned "squarely" like that. I feel physically uncomfortable if my personal space is too messy. One of the guys I work with (an LSE) reckons I have OCD . I've no idea whether I do or not, but meh.

Erm...that's physical organisation anyway. If I'm jotting down ideas about something in a notepad, it's usually one subject per page. This might be influenced by my tendency to write song ideas in a notepad; obviously needing a page to fit all the lyrics. As for a schedule or whatever, I generally keep anything that's coming up inside my head. If it's something important that I think I might forget then I'll write it down (the action of which seems to fix it in the front of my mind anyway) but otherwise I can pretty easily plan future events in my head. I remember an ESE colleague saying something like "You always have to plan things, otherwise you'll never remember it all". I can't remember what it was in regards to now (he said this in casual conversation, not as a lecture to me or anything). I just pretended to agree since I'm two-faced like that , but inside I thought "I wonder if that's an example of Ni PoLR". But yeah, that's me on organisation I guess.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to type and priority.

For example, books I'm currently reading all go in one place, neatly stacked, and books I'm not reading are sorted somewhere else according to size, series, genre, and then sorted numerically and alphabetically. Old comics are archived in boxes and numerically sorted, whereas recent ones are kept in a special box so that I may quickly reference them if needed.

On my computer, shortcuts to programs that I use often are on my quick launch bar, and sorted alphabetically. Programs that I don't need direct access to, or ones which it would would be redundant to have access to, are kept in the start menu only, which is sorted alphabetically.

When I do dishes, I make sure that commonly used items have higher priority than less commonly used ones, and I make sure to try to run the dishwasher at night, when the electricity is cheaper.

So basically, it's all about efficiency with me. For instance, I don't bother sorting socks, because I do laundry often enough that it's never an issue to shift through the drawer in order to find a matching pair, so I just dump them loosely into the drawer.