Thread: How does it feel to be a classical extrovert ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How does it feel to be a classical extrovert ?

It's so fuckin' cool. Believe me. It feels like being the fuckin' shit.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine they feeling like they need to "do" things for the sake of doing them...

As an introvert, when I decide what I will "do" in any situation, I imagine the end result. The action is a means of getting somewhere.

Extroverts, I believe, feel or think that end results can not be understood or predicted in as much detail and with as much understanding as we think they can be. As such, they judge the suitability of an action on the basis of the action itself.

Take a common social situation: shaking hands. As an introvert I am very, very cautious with these kind of rituals. I shake the hands of people I know will react to it the right way. Shaking hands with a stranger or a person who I'm not sure likes me, is instinctively dangerous to me. To an extrovert, I imagine, shaking hands is just shaking hands, no matter what the details of the situation. In social situations, people shake hands. It's what they do, and it would be wrong not to.

Not implying that all extroverts are the same in this respect, of course.

Extrovert = Empowering Perceiving, Limiting Judging = Contingent/Arbitrary/Not-understood Situation, Absolute/Meaningful/Understood Event
    Introvert = Limiting Perceiving, Empowering Judging = Absolute/Meaningful/Understood Situation, Contingent/Arbitrary/Not-understood Event

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As to how they feel; they probably feel as uncomfortable around us as we feel around them. In a situation where an introvert and an extrovert are together in a room, uncomfortably undecided between silence and conversation, it's not just the introvert that "suffers".

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know this is about classical extroverts but I would say that depends on the extrovert/introvert I would say. Some extroverts/introverts mesh well together others don't. Same with two extroverts or two introverts. Depends more on their exact socionics type and intertype relationships.

I however would honestly put Identical and Dual relationships on the same equal footing but the socionics.com site has Dual having a one up on Identical relationships. I prefer doing an activity together with an extrovert more, but I prefer socializing with other introverts more. (I'm an introvert too)

Once I get to know another introvert it's usually extremely loving or we hate each other so much I can't stand it. I appreciate what extroverts get me to accomplish but it's hard to form a deeper opinion on them either way.