Thread: ENTjs poor at making themselves look attractive

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTjs poor at making themselves look attractive

Do you think that being poor at making themselves look their best actually serves LIE's well? Peter and I were talking about Diana, and I said that she says that she doesn't get hit on that much. I said that I thought it's because I think she naturally sets barriers without even realizing it, and Peter agreed. He also said that he didn't think I could do that. It made me wonder... Model A is pretty well balanced... maybe having a Si PoLR makes up for having shitty Se (and an Fe Role that doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings), in a way?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's great that I'm poor, because then I'm never asked for money.

It's great that I'm stupid, because then I never have to help people solve problems.

It's great that I have no backbone, because then I am never asked to take charge.

It's great that I'm ugly, because then no one hits on me either.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a case of sour grapes. I get hit on way more than I'd care to.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    It's great that I have no backbone, because then I am never asked to take charge.
    This is essentially "good thing you've got shitty Se, because my Se sucks". (I had examples for the others as well, but they were even more offensive so I decided not to post them.

So yeah, if this was simply about Si, it would be "good thing I am shitty at looking good (and thus attracting people), because I'm shitty at making them feel good, too".

That's not what this topic is about though. It's about "good thing I'm not skilled at looking my best all the time, because when I get hit on it's extremely uncomfortable because my Fe Role makes me feel like I should try not to let anyone feel bad but my shitty Se and Fi make it difficult for me to set proper boundaries".

As in, it's okay that LII's are pussies because they're smart enough to manipulate a few of the big kids/authorities into keeping them from getting their asses kicked.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may not be sour grapes, but I do find the topic fairly ridiculous.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspected that other quadras would, which is why I posted it here.

*ahem*
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Anyways...

This is essentially "good thing you've got shitty Se, because my Se sucks". (I had examples for the others as well, but they were even more offensive so I decided not to post them.

So yeah, if this was simply about Si, it would be "good thing I am shitty at looking good (and thus attracting people), because I'm shitty at making them feel good, too".

That's not what this topic is about though. It's about "good thing I'm not skilled at looking my best all the time, because when I get hit on it's extremely uncomfortable because my Fe Role makes me feel like I should try not to let anyone feel bad but my shitty Se and Fi make it difficult for me to set proper boundaries".

As in, it's okay that LII's are pussies because they're smart enough to manipulate a few of the big kids/authorities into keeping them from getting their asses kicked.
    What I said did not apply to me, but were merely examples constructed to point out the ridiculousness of the topic. And for your information, I have never been threatened, bullied, or beaten up because I had an odd ability to get by without making enemies while earning the respect of my fellows. Fi-Role for the win.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all.

ESI's naturally repell the people they don't want. LIE's seem to be at the mercy of other's desires to a certain extent though.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Hmm, so you're saying that ESI's naturally repel people so nobody goes after them, and LIE's are unattractive so nobody wants them. So all that's left is each other and it all works out. Hehehe.
    I suppose we can find similar dichotomies elsewhere. ESEs talk so much that they annoy everyone else away, and LIIs are so dull that no one wants to talk to them at all. So you are left with two lonely gits and what amounts to a hyperactive chatterbox talking to a wooden tree. It indeed all works out in the end.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se barriers don't work well when Se dominants are hitting on you...they just make you seem harder to get so they work harder...which they seem to thrive on.

/shrug

/end talking out of my ass
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only the hot ones?
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only the hot ones?
    Or the ones who are the objects of a particular fetish.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "let's see how awkward I can make things" fetish? Or the "let's see how I can fuck up a friendship" fetish?
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "let's see how awkward I can make things" fetish? Or the "let's see how I can fuck up a friendship" fetish?
    Yes.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it takes two to tango. I'm as much responsible for whatever's happened as they are.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose attractivness has too much to do with genetics to be tied to a function
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think Joy has a point - more from my observations of ESI women; I don't know that many LIE women to know, and my own experience of being hit on is rather limited.

Hmm, so you're saying that ESI's naturally repel people so nobody goes after them, and LIE's are unattractive so nobody wants them. So all that's left is each other and it all works out. Hehehe.
    Not exactly, but I think ESI women are more likely to give off "distant" vibes, whether they want to or not, that indicate they want to be left alone.

It's likely that some are then more instinctually attractive to a greater number of people, so they get hit on more, or perhaps more enticing to those who are likely to hit on people. And others, less so, with the whole "keep away" vibe going on instead.
    I think it has a lot to do with the "keep away" thing. Except:

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    Se barriers don't work well when Se dominants are hitting on you...they just make you seem harder to get so they work harder...which they seem to thrive on.
    Pretty much.

What I have observed, more than once, is that even when they are not particularly trying to "keep people away", ESI women do have that vibe. The net result, also because of what Khamelion said, is that almost only Se dominants will hit on them - who are anyway those more likely to hit on women.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    The net result, also because of what Khamelion said, is that almost only Se dominants will hit on them - who are anyway those more likely to hit on women.
    Thank you, Expat, you have explained beautifully my mother's behaviour and the dynamics between her and my LSI stephfather, who not only hit on her, but hit her frequently as well
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking