Thread: Immaturity: IEEs-ENFps and being like kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Immaturity: IEEs-ENFps and being like kids

I just realised (again) that I am so imature

My other ENFp friend suffer from this also. Is this a thing with ENFps in general?
    n00bIEE

Creepy-Cyclops

If your referring to time keeping, interestingly I find that ENFp's are very rarely late

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    If your referring to time keeping, interestingly I find that ENFp's are very rarely late
    Not the one that I know!

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post

My other ENFp friend suffer from this also. Is this a thing with ENFps in general?
    I guess it depends....

Immature in what ways?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you talking about your period?
    LSI

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    Are you talking about your period?
    lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By immature I meant still being a kid in many ways. I guess I was hoping for some confirmation that I wasn't the only one. I feel odd
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By immature I meant still being a kid in many ways. I guess I was hoping for some confirmation that I wasn't the only one. I feel odd
    Don't. I can't speak for other IEE's here, but I do get the feeling that they wish they could still have the simple needs of being a kid. Doesn't necessarily mean being immature. I still wish I was a kid.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks. That was actually nice to hear
    n00bIEE

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Don't. I can't speak for other IEE's here, but I do get the feeling that they wish they could still have the simple needs of being a kid.
    ^^^^^

Yep.

That being said, there's a difference between THAT and immaturity. IMO, maturity has nothing to do with personality type.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is maturity?

What makes an ENFp mature?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you know, I like that inner kid in em. I already feel like such an old man on the inside, I really don't need another one of me.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might be sharing a bit too much, lol, but I've had two different ppl tell me that I remind them of "a puppy." Lol! Dunno if that's what the OP was after.

It's taken a lot of trial-and-error, but I'm becoming more mature, e.g. emotionally, financially, etc.

ENFps: I recommend waiting until your mid-20s, at earliest, to make big-ass life decisions... If you're anything like me, that is.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maturity is not about being serious and having a boring and dull life. It is about getting over your fears and complexes and finding a balance. About increasing your knowledge about the world and refining the way you deal with the necessities of life. It also implies to get away the self-centered nature of childhood and become aware of the needs of others. Responsibility is nothing but a keen awareness and concern about the consequences of our actions.

What you assume is maturity it probably isn't.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Maturity is not about being serious and having a boring and dull life.
    That seems to be the conventional wisdom, though.

It is about getting over your fears and complexes and finding a balance. About increasing your knowledge about the world and refining the way you deal with the necessities of life.
    I like the fears and complexes part. What do you mean by the necessities of life? Do you think developed time-management skills should be indicators of a matured ENFp?

It also implies to get away the self-centered nature of childhood and become aware of the needs of others. Responsibility is nothing but a keen awareness and concern about the consequences of our actions.

So part of being mature means taking responsibility for our actions and fears? So for ENFps this might look like making concrete plans and sticking to them? Could maturity also mean developing assertiveness? Standing up for one's own and others' interests?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    This might be sharing a bit too much, lol, but I've had two different ppl tell me that I remind them of "a puppy." Lol! Dunno if that's what the OP was after.

It's taken a lot of trial-and-error, but I'm becoming more mature, e.g. emotionally, financially, etc.

ENFps: I recommend waiting until your mid-20s, at earliest, to make big-ass life decisions... If you're anything like me, that is.
    that's adorable JuJu. my hubby is much this same way. he wasn't ready at all to be married until 30. and he is definitely a puppy.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always been pretty immature in a way. I'm still immature and I'm old. I forget how old I am sometimes.

But, like mikemex said, that isn't true immaturity. I am very responsible as far as my family goes.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn dude, you wrote a nice paragraph about maturity and then ended it with a, "you're all stupid (probably.)" C'mon dude... Respect is a two-way street.

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    that's adorable JuJu. my hubby is much this same way. he wasn't ready at all to be married until 30. and he is definitely a puppy.
    Awesome!!! Smart guy IMO--when the right woman came along, he jumped at the chance, but not until he was mature enough.

Personally, I put off the decision about choosing a career as long as I could. I didn't want to lose the potential options--but then I finally chose one, after it appeared that my Dad's head would explode if I didn't...

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It's because you're SLI: a perfectly good reason for IEE's not to be late I guess.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Damn dude, you wrote a nice paragraph about maturity and then ended it with a, "you're all stupid (probably.)" C'mon dude... Respect is a two-way street.
    It wasn't an offense in the first place.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience, this has been an overwhelming yes. In my social group there are 12+ ENFp people. (A bunch of us took myers-briggs at a leadership retreat, many of us are good friends).

There was an overwhelming amount of ENFps. I love them, but they are definitely the type that one would describe as "immature."

~*ENTp*~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In some ways I am very "immature." It's more just being very playful. Well that, and I kind of lack direction in my life right now. Could also be because I'm 19 years old. Dunno, call it what you will. The playful nature though is something soceity seems to feel should have been left behind in childhood. So I guess that can lead to you feeling immature, and I know I do sometimes.

Just a thought.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect that it has more to do with -ego.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box