Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: One night stands

  1. #1
    Creepy-

    Default One night stands

    too any INTJ males (and even females):-and even other types:
    If you are in a position to have sex:
    Are you able to have a one night stand?
    If it is with someone you just met? Or if it is with someone you have known as a friend.
    Do you need to feel something on an emotional level to engage in sex?

  2. #2
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    I'm INFp

    I probably could make myself have sex with someone as a one night stand type thing, but I couldn't morally justify it to myself.
    The only reason I say I could make myself is because I have a pretty intense sexual personality if you know where to hit me.

    I think I do need to feel someting on an emotional level to have sex with them. Even if it is really feint.

    I have no clue if I could do it with a stranger, I've never been in the situation.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: One night stands

    Are you able to have a one night stand? --YES
    If it is with someone you just met? Or if it is with someone you have known as a friend. --YES, both
    Do you need to feel something on an emotional level to engage in sex? --No

    ----INTJ female
    INTJ
    ^..^

  4. #4
    Creepy-Anonymous_one

    Default

    Too personal to not post as a Guest:

    Almost had a one-night stand once with a stranger but that moral brick wall dropped down and kept me from following through.

    When there is an emotional connection, I can easily get carried away in the moment. Ended up having cybersex with a friend of mine, and then the guilt kicked in the next day. It's easy to forget in the heat of the moment -- but justifying it afterwards is much tougher.

    Guilt afterwards is one reason I got married. Not the only one, but one of the reasons.

    Type: NF

  5. #5
    Creepy-anon_two

    Default one nighters

    I've had a couple of 1 nighters and I don't know that 3 nights is that much better. That was pre-AIDS. Post AIDS, I'm careful....and yeah there was also some kind of emotional thing, even the 3 nighters. A friend and a one nighter? Yes once. I'd do that again. I wonder what happened to her? I'm an entp male.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    um... no. but i have religion in the equation so i'm not clean data.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I needed to be intoxicated to do these.

    And it was hardly pretty.

    Can you say coyote?

    Seriously, I don't think we're meant to have sex with strangers. Sex is a gift which should be shared with someone you love.
    Entp
    ILE

  8. #8
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you need to feel something on an emotional level to engage in sex?
    Yes. There have been a couple times where the guy was a crush rather than someone I had a connection with, and it was nowhere near as enjoyable as being with someone who you have a connection with. I would not have casual sex again. It's way more trouble than it's worth.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  9. #9
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Do you need to feel something on an emotional level to engage in sex?
    Yes. There have been a couple times where the guy was a crush rather than someone I had a connection with, and it was nowhere near as enjoyable as being with someone who you have a connection with. I would not have casual sex again. It's way more trouble than it's worth.

    Casual sex sux0rs.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had a one night stand.

  11. #11
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wait, so, who's putting out?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    westfield, nj usa
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: One night stands

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    too any INTJ males (and even females):-and even other types:
    If you are in a position to have sex:
    Are you able to have a one night stand?
    If it is with someone you just met? Or if it is with someone you have known as a friend.
    Do you need to feel something on an emotional level to engage in sex?
    even if drugged, i don't think i would. i would need to trust the person very, very much in order to have sex with them. a one night stand is not me. however the sex isn't actually all that important to me, i would rather have the relationship.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think it is easier to be physically connected with a stranger in the moment than with someone who i am emotionally connected to. I find this true cause with a one night stand you can leave behind all those social rules/norms.... friends make it complicated and partners are partners...
    enjoy being!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: One night stands

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    too any INTJ males (and even females):-and even other types:
    If you are in a position to have sex:
    Are you able to have a one night stand? No
    If it is with someone you just met? Or if it is with someone you have known as a friend. Neither
    Do you need to feel something on an emotional level to engage in sex?
    Absoulutley, heck I'll be married.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    um... no. but i have religion in the equation so i'm not clean data.
    This applies for me as well.[/b]

  15. #15
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    There was one night when I stood.

  16. #16
    Creepy-

    Default

    vgbmj

  17. #17
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    There was one night when I stood.

    ^ she puts out


    (because she put herself outside.)



    Yeah...... I know...... but I'm being oppertunistic as of late. Forgive my insolence
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NiFe
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    =)

  19. #19
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    There was one night when I stood.

    ^ she puts out


    (because she put herself outside.)



    Yeah...... I know...... but I'm being oppertunistic as of late. Forgive my insolence

    Because I put myself outside?

  20. #20
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    There was one night when I stood.

    ^ she puts out


    (because she put herself outside.)



    Yeah...... I know...... but I'm being oppertunistic as of late. Forgive my insolence

    Because I put myself outside?
    Quite
    Because I put myself out-
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  21. #21
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can you call something a one night stand if it's with a friend and planned a couple of weeks earlier?
    If yes, then I have had one one night stand. Besides that incident, I haven't really put out. Others have been long-term boyfriends. I need some mental intimacy to open up with the other person.

    But when I was a teenager, I planned to have a few one night stands. Does that count?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  22. #22
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now that I think about it... there was no one that I had sex with one time. To me casual sex is casual sex though. If I don't trust and care about the other person and know that person feels the same, it's just not fun. It just barely feels like I'm going through the motions. It's like the emotions connect me to the whole experience. The greater the connection, the more likely the sex willl be awesome. I've been with a couple guys with great "technique" but the emotional intimacy wasn't there so it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the most basic sex with someone who really matters to me.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  23. #23
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Now that I think about it... there was no one that I had sex with one time. To me casual sex is casual sex though. If I don't trust and care about the other person and know that person feels the same, it's just not fun. It just barely feels like I'm going through the motions. It's like the emotions connect me to the whole experience. The greater the connection, the more likely the sex willl be awesome. I've been with a couple guys with great "technique" but the emotional intimacy wasn't there so it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the most basic sex with someone who really matters to me.

    Well put.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol, "technique."

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: One night stands

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    too any INTJ males (and even females):-and even other types:
    If you are in a position to have sex:
    Are you able to have a one night stand?
    If it is with someone you just met? Or if it is with someone you have known as a friend.
    Do you need to feel something on an emotional level to engage in sex?
    For me I refuse to have sex until I get married which will be never. So I'll be a virgin .

    ISFP
    ISFP, SEI

  26. #26
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Condoms.........


    in the



    vending machine
    On the first floor of my dormitory hall~
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  27. #27
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ( ^ to be sung in a sing-song voice )
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  28. #28
    Creepy-anon_three

    Default

    As an INTJ female...

    They were not one-night stands in the "just met him at a bar and took him home" sense. That would never happen. What I have done is make a "friends with benefits" arrangement with a guy I'd known only a month. And I slept with another guy that I'd known a few weeks with whom I was in a relationship of undetermined status (not clear if we were exclusive). Both of these were short lived contacts. I was emotionally upset about them ending but because of the pain of rejection and they ended sooner than I would have liked. The sex I never really regreted it because it was fun and I enjoyed it. Oh, and I almost slept with a guy in high school while at a party drunk. I'd known him several months. Total drunken hook up.

    I think the requirement for me is to trust the guy. I get caught up easily in the emotional part of the relationship, not the sex. Sex is just sex - pleasureable and fun. It doesn't really mean anything emotionally, though I do feel closer to the guy on an emotinal level afterwards. Generally, though, I really prefer sex to take place in a monogamus relationship because I feel more secure and trust the person more.

  29. #29
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    monogamy is hot, in my opinion.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  30. #30
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    agreed, but there's more to it than that
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  31. #31
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    agreed, but there's more to it than that
    of course
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •