Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 145

Thread: One Last Typing

  1. #1
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default One Last Typing

    One last hoorah for me. What's my type?

    I'm moving on....

    A few things that are important to me in considering....

    My time is my time, I do things in my own way, in my own time. Hurry up is the worst thing to say to me. With one "look" I will let you know.

    I do NOT like placating or white lies to save someone's feelings. Telling the truth is very important to me. Just say it, even if I don't like it. Better to have it out. I do not say something I do not mean. I've had a hard time in life understanding people that do. But since I've come to understand that there are people that do, I try to understand and ascertain if what they are saying is true or just joking, which makes me come across very serious and not being able to tell jokes myself, very well and/or to lighten up.

    I love nature, art, Spirit, the process of growth, Law of Attraction, moving my body, the energy of colors, sex, sex, sex, Ascension and manifesting our lives by our conscious design.

    Two of the hardest things for me to say: "I don't know." "I'm sorry." but I am very proud to be able to say them more often as needed....

    Death is a fact of life, one aspect to life, to living...

    My hubby, my children, my family, their growth, their happiness is the most important thing to me. And get out of my efffing way if you mess with those things.

    I have always been very afraid/fearful of people/the physical human life. I have gone "overboard" to make up for this fear by protecting and parenting a certain way to help my kids grow up healthy, happy, secure and confident in being themselves. I have also gotten over a lot of that fear within myself ONLY in the knowledge and deep knowing that we are all ONE in Spirit. But that was something I had to "learn." That understanding and perspective has made a world of difference in my confidence and peace within.

    One reason I was fearful of people is because they would get their feelings hurt when all I would be doing it stating a fact. How can a fact hurt your feelings? i would wonder. As I've matured and learned that others see life and think differently, I have learned to preface what I'm going to say to certain people, because I care, not because it's what I naturally do.

    I believe in going after your dreams in life, whatever they may be, while still allowing the Universe to help guide you along the way. CO-creation.

    Namaste
    Kelly Jo

    a couple more pics:

    me preggo with #3 baby



    me, with my "normal" look on my face when i don't know someone is taking a pic. notice my hubby behind me smiling as well as sis next to me.



    this one my hubby just said something funny. i'm saying "yeah, right." and my sis is always smiling. if you notice, i rarely make eye contact with people. that is awkward for me, hence, the internet is an "easier" way to communicate. when i make eye contact with people, i sense their "soul" and i can tell others are uncomfortable with that, so i shy away from doing it for my protection and theirs, kinda out of courtesy.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSI I think. IJ temperament + ST
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  3. #3
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Funny you say that because she reminds me of Jessica.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    LSI I think. IJ temperament + ST
    That's about the worst joke I have ever seen.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good for you.
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  6. #6
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Funny you say that because she reminds me of Jessica.
    How so? Some points sound a lot like me but I'm not IJ and I don't think dbmmama is either.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So what do you think dbmmama's temperament is Jessica?

    Come on people, let's have a discussion on this. I think this is a really intersting type to get to know. I know of one other lady that is very much the same as dbmmama, and I have not been able to type her either. I considered lots of other options too for dbmmama but I don't really know her so I just tried to go with what struck me the most in the text above. The introversion v. extraversion is definitely a thing I guessed. E types say what they think which dbmmama says is a big thing with her, so that points to E something. At first I only really considered Extravert types but then I got thinking about her long term goals and the way she seems to look inside herself for the way forward so I thought IJ might fit.

    The enthusisastic spiritualism I thought of as Beta or Alpha rather than Gamma or Delta.
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  8. #8
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    So what do you think dbmmama's temperament is Jessica?

    Come on people, let's have a discussion on this. I think this is a really intersting type to get to know. I know of one other lady that is very much the same as dbmmama, and I have not been able to type her either. I considered lots of other options too for dbmmama but I don't really know her so I just tried to go with what struck me the most in the text above. The introversion v. extraversion is definitely a thing I guessed. E types say what they think which dbmmama says is a big thing with her, so that points to E something. At first I only really considered Extravert types but then I got thinking about her long term goals and the way she seems to look inside herself for the way forward so I thought IJ might fit.

    The enthusisastic spiritualism I thought of as Beta or Alpha rather than Gamma or Delta.
    Wittmont,

    What else would you like to know that might help you?

    BTW, I like your quote, except I would turn it around to

    If your sea chart does not match reality, make reality into your sea chart.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    At first I only really considered Extravert types but then I got thinking about her long term goals and the way she seems to look inside herself for the way forward so I thought IJ might fit.
    Stupid argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont
    The enthusisastic spiritualism I thought of as Beta or Alpha rather than Gamma or Delta.
    And that's an even more stupid argument. FORGET ABOUT THE QUADRAS! You can't handle the quadras. They lead you astray, so leave them and only come back to them when you have already found the correct type for the person you are typing.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Stupid argument.


    And that's an even more stupid argument. FORGET ABOUT THE QUADRAS! You can't handle the quadras. They lead you astray, so leave them and only come back to them when you have already found the correct type for the person you are typing.
    So what is the correct type for dbmmama?
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  11. #11
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i thought i might point out that in the pics with hubby and sis, i am 6 weeks pg with that 3rd baby. and my left arm is around my hubby with my hand on his ass.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i thought i might point out that in the pics with hubby and sis, i am 6 weeks pg with that 3rd baby. and my left arm is around my hubby with my hand on his ass.
    Hehehe, comments like that make me suspect SLE

    I am a slow and ponderous 'typer' (as Phaedrus is quick to point out). I find it hard to type from descriptions, especially subjective ones. I type my friends from observed behaviour over a long period of time (preferrably), and against types I know well. Especially conflict situations, where people fall back on their preferred elements, are very revealing. I don't think I know anyone of your type from before, so that's why I am grasping a bit

    I think you are a sensing type, from what little I have seen you post before. How you like to work out and use your body. You seem very attuned to your body and physical sensations.

    You don't seem to be a 'people pleaser' saying things just to keep things smooth and nice. Rather you say you talk straight and to the point and say the truth as you see it often disregarding the other persons feelings, even if you don't like doing so. This points to a thinking type over a more roundabout feeling type. Or an extravert over a reserved introvert.

    I don't think I understand your 'fear of people and the physical human life' comment. Afraid in what way? What do you think would happen to you?
    Lack of self confidence is not something I think of in association with ST types. Hmm, Fi PoLR? 'Aspiration to humanism and kindness'? Are you saying that Fi is a weak point with you?

    I also wonder about if you see yourself as an extravert? Comments like how you draw energy from colours, and physical action, make me think you are extraverted.

    I made my IJ suggestion because I thought there might be something to your personal long term goals and the way you go about to achieve them, but my first impression is of an extravert type.

    Finally (for now heh) the j/p which I didn't really get a sense of from your text. Are you very organised and set in your daily routines? Personally I am very chaotic (as you can see from the way I approach this thread heh) and dislike routine and chores and doing the same things the same way day after day.
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  13. #13
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Hehehe, comments like that make me suspect SLE

    I am a slow and ponderous 'typer' (as Phaedrus is quick to point out). I find it hard to type from descriptions, especially subjective ones. I type my friends from observed behaviour over a long period of time (preferrably), and against types I know well. Especially conflict situations, where people fall back on their preferred elements, are very revealing. I don't think I know anyone of your type from before, so that's why I am grasping a bit

    I think you are a sensing type, from what little I have seen you post before. How you like to work out and use your body. You seem very attuned to your body and physical sensations.

    You don't seem to be a 'people pleaser' saying things just to keep things smooth and nice. Rather you say you talk straight and to the point and say the truth as you see it often disregarding the other persons feelings, even if you don't like doing so. This points to a thinking type over a more roundabout feeling type. Or an extravert over a reserved introvert.

    I don't think I understand your 'fear of people and the physical human life' comment. Afraid in what way? What do you think would happen to you?
    Lack of self confidence is not something I think of in association with ST types. Hmm, Fi PoLR? 'Aspiration to humanism and kindness'? Are you saying that Fi is a weak point with you?

    I also wonder about if you see yourself as an extravert? Comments like how you draw energy from colours, and physical action, make me think you are extraverted.

    I made my IJ suggestion because I thought there might be something to your personal long term goals and the way you go about to achieve them, but my first impression is of an extravert type.

    Finally (for now heh) the j/p which I didn't really get a sense of from your text. Are you very organised and set in your daily routines? Personally I am very chaotic (as you can see from the way I approach this thread heh) and dislike routine and chores and doing the same things the same way day after day.
    i've been thinking of so many different ways to answer you...none of them are right.

    having my hand on my hubby's ass...SLE...well, couldn't anybody do that? i wouldn't do it out where everyone was looking. i did it in a way only he knew. i just thought it was funny when i look at the picture and remember it.

    i'm kinda a people pleaser in one way, where i want them to like me. but in another way, i'm not, where i still say what's on my mind. yeah, i don't like that i naturally don't care about others feelings. i've worked very hard on that. and then again, i am very empathic in where i take in others deep inner feelings as if they were my own, especially negative.

    the whole fi thing is weird to me. it seems it is very strong and yet weak at the same time. like i said, i sense people's deep emotional bodies but i don't know how to make and keep friends very well.

    i always thought i was an introvert because i was so shy and into my own thoughts, feelings, dreams, introspection about life, ideals, the meaning of things, etc. but as i've matured, i've become more and more outgoing and so many here, especially, see me as an extravert. i dont really know in socionics which i am since i don't know my base function.

    my innate fear of people, the physical existance. it's like this...from the time i can remember, i felt safer in my dreams, having out of body experiences with angels, time traveling. when i come out of those things into my physical body, i've felt unsafe. the physical is more unstable to me than the metaphysical. so, i've felt the need to be in control and strong while i'm a physical person with sex being the top thing that i felt i had the most power in, even as a child. with much abuse that went on in the home when i was little, i learned early that people were not to be trusted, they were not safe.

    over the years, as i've let go of that need to be strong in the physical and found my strength again in the metaphysical, it's been a homecoming of sorts where i feel grounded. when i realized that the physical world AND the metaphysicalness of the universe are all really interconnected, intertwined and ONE in the ONEness of everythingness, i became not as afraid of the physical, other people. "oh, it's all God, even the shit that doesn't look "good." "it all just is, it's our perceptions that put meaning into it." that doesn't mean from a human perspective i have to like it all or agree with it all, but i have gotten to a place of acceptance that it all just is. there isn't anything to fear but fear itself. as i have grown unconditional love in my heart, my own personal fears have been falling away and i feel free to be and act in whatever ways seem right and/or appropriate in every moment. all i have to do is ask within and the answer has NEVER failed me when i listen and honor it.

    i went on and on, again. i am about done here, whether i figure out my type or not. i have a life to live and it doesn't include sitting at this computer for as long as i have while my hubby and i have been apart. i look forward to us being together as a family again.

  14. #14
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All that I can say with any certainty, having read what you've posted over these months, is XXFj.

    *ENFj
    *INFj
    *ESFj
    *ISFj is much less likely, IMO.

    V.I. alone:
    definitely Fe-valuing... Leaves Alpha and Beta. (I'm inclined to think the latter, based on the pictures.)

    If you were asking me to type you based just on this thread, I'd type you ENFj.

    How does ENFj sit with you?

  15. #15
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I agree about ENFj.
    The last 2 pics you posted look very ENFJ to me.
    And the last thing you posted seemed very Ni + Fe.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  16. #16
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    All that I can say with any certainty, having read what you've posted over these months, is XXFj.

    *ENFj
    *INFj
    *ESFj
    *ISFj is much less likely, IMO.

    V.I. alone:
    definitely Fe-valuing... Leaves Alpha and Beta. (I'm inclined to think the latter, based on the pictures.)

    If you were asking me to type you based just on this thread, I'd type you ENFj.

    How does ENFj sit with you?
    What about this:
    One reason I was fearful of people is because they would get their feelings hurt when all I would be doing it stating a fact. How can a fact hurt your feelings? i would wonder. As I've matured and learned that others see life and think differently, I have learned to preface what I'm going to say to certain people, because I care, not because it's what I naturally do.
    Wouldn't Fe dominants be more aware of why people's feelings are hurt?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    What about this: Wouldn't Fe dominants be more aware of why people's feelings are hurt?
    Yes, of course they would. ENFj and ESFj are almost totally out of the question. It is extremely irritating that people on this forum are so ignorant when it comes to correct typing.

  18. #18
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why don't you type dbmamma then, Phaedrus? Grace us with your knowledge. All you do is complain about how stupid people are but i don't see you offering any insight into her type.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Why don't you type dbmamma then, Phaedrus?
    Another irritating phenomenon is people's ignorance about previous threads and posts. I have already explained in some detail what I think is dbmmama's most likely type. (And spell her name correctly, please.)

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Grace us with your knowledge. All you do is complain about how stupid people are but i don't see you offering any insight into her type.
    That's because you are blind. Blind and ignorant. Now, please do some study before you open your mouth again.

  20. #20
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Phaedrus believes me to be ENFp. yes, i know believes is not the right word, based on the evidence provided, provided that it is correct, i am Ne base...

  21. #21
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    first choice enfj; Fe seems straightforward.

    second choice: entp. i say this because female NT's are socialized to be emotionally intelligent. we try to do this despite the fact that it is totally not our natural inclination, but it would explain her Fe. problems with relationships: can be a calling card of entp. need for yoga/spiritual calming seems Si dual seeking.

    but dbmmamma seems much more emotional than i....so this is why i say enfj.

    husband looks IP.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    Phaedrus believes me to be ENFp. yes, i know believes is not the right word, based on the evidence provided, provided that it is correct, i am Ne base...
    Well put.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    first choice enfj; Fe seems straightforward.
    Shut the fuck up with that idiotic reasoning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively
    second choice: entp. i say this because female NT's are socialized to be emotionally intelligent.
    Moronic reasoning. If you have Fe base as your first choice, you think like an idiot if you have ENTp as your second choice.

  24. #24
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    first choice enfj; Fe seems straightforward.

    second choice: entp. i say this because female NT's are socialized to be emotionally intelligent. we try to do this despite the fact that it is totally not our natural inclination, but it would explain her Fe. problems with relationships: can be a calling card of entp. need for yoga/spiritual calming seems Si dual seeking.

    but dbmmamma seems much more emotional than i....so this is why i say enfj.

    husband looks IP.
    i don't think i'm emotionally intelligent AT ALL. i think i have always sucked at it. but because of that and i knew i wanted to be a mom, i studied and studied and studied and studied and studied and studied anything and everything i could get my hands on about raising kids in a way where i didn't "need" to be emotionally intelligent, i could do things a certain way that helped me with my kids emotions since i didn't instinctually know how to do it.

    i am like a robot when it comes to knowing what to say to my kids with their emotions, not an uncaring one mind you, but i know exactly the "right" words to spew out that an emotionally intelligent mom would naturally do. i had to learn them and if anything because of all of my research, i do them "better" and more often because when i am grounded, my own emotions don't get in the way of helping them with theirs.

    i may also seem more emotional because of either having an ethical IP hubby or i've learned to let my Fe play more for some other reason.

    i am definitely the more logical of us, even though i am emotionally sensitive. i think a person can be both.

    with his mom passing, his brain has shut down, nothing going on in there. not much to begin with. but i didn't/don't care. he makes me laugh and that was/is the best thing ever. i am the one who is handling all of the legal details, etc. i am very good at it. i would have made a good lawyer if i could have stuck with it long enuf. but i wouldn't have, too many other things to learn about...

    being happy, playing and having fun do not equate Fe ego. i believe those are states of mind that anyone can "do." i do those things for myself, my own enjoyment, not for the emotional mood or atmosphere for others. hey, ya gotta do that yourself man! i'm not responsible for someone elses state of happiness, etc. i'm better at helping others, my kids mostly, let their own out without me influencing it. ask my sis, she'll tell ya, i'm one of the most NOT emotionally manipulative people you'll meet. i like a fun jovial atmosphere, but i'm surely not the one that knows how to get that going. when i do, i just look like some goof, which i'm slowly growing to accept that i'm kinda cool being a goof. it's ok, people will still like me.

    anyway, it sounds like i'm making a case for entp for myself. my 8 yr old, who he and i are the same is the one on the left in my avatar. entp was the only thing i kept coming back to for him.....

    rick typed me wayyyyy back and the only reason he wouldn't say entp was because i chose to have kids. entps are not interested in domestic things like having kids ya know? and because that is the place where my passion does come out.

    there, pick it apart, whatever.

  25. #25
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Well put.
    sorry, i was mocking you.

  26. #26
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fwiw, I'm thinking you're LSI now. You're starting to sound like my mum. (c: If you ask my mum for advice on interpersonal relations, she has all the answers - but they're worked out logically, not by feel. She always says that she was shy and unsure of herself when she was younger, but you wouldn't know it now. She's the type of person that puts her whole heart into whatever she does - she does nothing by halves. And she's a very emotional person - she just doesn't seem to have much control over her emotions.

    What did Rick type you as?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    sorry, i was mocking you.
    In that case you failed, because you stated the truth.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Fwiw, I'm thinking you're LSI now.
    For fuck's sake, give me a break. You are not a donkey, are you? LSI is simply one of the most stupid, almost insane, suggestions you can make for dbmmama.

  29. #29
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Fwiw, I'm thinking you're LSI now. You're starting to sound like my mum. (c: If you ask my mum for advice on interpersonal relations, she has all the answers - but they're worked out logically, not by feel. She always says that she was shy and unsure of herself when she was younger, but you wouldn't know it now. She's the type of person that puts her whole heart into whatever she does - she does nothing by halves. And she's a very emotional person - she just doesn't seem to have much control over her emotions.

    What did Rick type you as?
    thanks jem, first sle or ile, then ese, then eie when i came to this board.

    your description of your mom does sound like me. except i am pretty impulsive. yeah, halfass is what my mom called it... i do a lot of things halfass though but i would never have let anyone else know that for many years. not my parenting or my marriage.

  30. #30
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    In that case you failed, because you stated the truth.
    i knew you'd think that. lol

    here's the deal to me, you have been saying ENFp from the beginning of me being here. you say the evidence points that way. please LIST the evidence that supports your claim. no, i'm not going back to reread all of my posts. i do not believe that you SAID what the evidences were. you just said they were there. obviously, only you can see what those evidences are, so, please enlighten us. it would be much appreciated.

  31. #31
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i don't think i'm emotionally intelligent AT ALL. i think i have always sucked at it. but because of that and i knew i wanted to be a mom, i studied and studied and studied and studied and studied and studied anything and everything i could get my hands on about raising kids in a way where i didn't "need" to be emotionally intelligent, i could do things a certain way that helped me with my kids emotions since i didn't instinctually know how to do it.
    neither am i. but women are supposed to be good at relationships/feelings. there's enormous social pressure for this. my theory is that logical women will respond somehow to this and at least bring their emotional/relationship skills into some kind of acceptability.


    i am like a robot when it comes to knowing what to say to my kids with their emotions, not an uncaring one mind you, but i know exactly the "right" words to spew out that an emotionally intelligent mom would naturally do. i had to learn them and if anything because of all of my research, i do them "better" and more often because when i am grounded, my own emotions don't get in the way of helping them with theirs.
    this sounds like me. except instead of doing independent research, i went into an "emotional" field and learned it that way.


    i may also seem more emotional because of either having an ethical IP hubby or i've learned to let my Fe play more for some other reason.

    i am definitely the more logical of us, even though i am emotionally sensitive. i think a person can be both.
    he seems clearly ethical and looks extremely laid back at least in the pix you posted. definitely IP. the way you describe your marriage...seems like duality to me.

    with his mom passing, his brain has shut down, nothing going on in there. not much to begin with. but i didn't/don't care. he makes me laugh and that was/is the best thing ever. i am the one who is handling all of the legal details, etc. i am very good at it. i would have made a good lawyer if i could have stuck with it long enuf. but i wouldn't have, too many other things to learn about...
    lawyer type=ILE. not always, but seems to point in that direction.


    being happy, playing and having fun do not equate Fe ego. i believe those are states of mind that anyone can "do." i do those things for myself, my own enjoyment, not for the emotional mood or atmosphere for others. hey, ya gotta do that yourself man! i'm not responsible for someone elses state of happiness, etc. i'm better at helping others, my kids mostly, let their own out without me influencing it. ask my sis, she'll tell ya, i'm one of the most NOT emotionally manipulative people you'll meet. i like a fun jovial atmosphere, but i'm surely not the one that knows how to get that going. when i do, i just look like some goof, which i'm slowly growing to accept that i'm kinda cool being a goof. it's ok, people will still like me.
    classic Fe hidden agenda.


    anyway, it sounds like i'm making a case for entp for myself. my 8 yr old, who he and i are the same is the one on the left in my avatar. entp was the only thing i kept coming back to for him.....

    rick typed me wayyyyy back and the only reason he wouldn't say entp was because i chose to have kids. entps are not interested in domestic things like having kids ya know? and because that is the place where my passion does come out.
    well i would seriously question this assertion that i've seen in socionics literature elsewhere. i have kids. two of them. girls. i very very carefully considered whether i should have kids since my tendency is to be absorbed in my own thing. but in the end i figured having kids was like a spiritual challenge...something that i was supposed to do in order to more fully develop and to more fully make a contribution. i would have to say i'm a much much better mom than i ever thought i would be. my youngest is an entp and i find myself able to help her in a way that is most effective. i did not receive the proper help as a kid at all, so this is extremely gratifying. but the point is that i think it's pretty blanket to say that entp women don't like to have families. wtf.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  32. #32
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    well i would seriously question this assertion that i've seen in socionics literature elsewhere. i have kids. two of them. girls. i very very carefully considered whether i should have kids since my tendency is to be absorbed in my own thing. but in the end i figured having kids was like a spiritual challenge...something that i was supposed to do in order to more fully develop and to more fully make a contribution. i would have to say i'm a much much better mom than i ever thought i would be. my youngest is an entp and i find myself able to help her in a way that is most effective. i did not receive the proper help as a kid at all, so this is extremely gratifying. but the point is that i think it's pretty blanket to say that entp women don't like to have families. wtf.
    i agree, as always, with all you've said. yeah, the stereotype of entp women not wanting a family to pursue their intellectual pursuits....got to go. my intellectual pursuit IS the raising of my kids.

    when i get into lawyer mode, i calm, calm, it feels good to not deal with emotions. i feel strong and in control. i did jury duty a few years back and that was one of the best experiences i've ever had. i'm not always in lawyer mode, but i am at my best when i am, calm, centered, emotionally detached.

    with my sis knowing she is sei now, it makes more sense why i always thought i should be more like her and was so jealous of her natural things she did. my hubby is not quite like her though, i'm thinking iei for him. he likes Se being thrown at him where my sis doesn't.

    i'm still a little confused about why se is strong in me, unless it's like what is said about iles "The ILE occasionally puts on a macho facade, but it usually seems forced and consists more in talk than action.

    The ILE is typically only able to sustain short bursts of strenuous activity."
    and that i have a hubby who likes me to get in his face and push him, etc...which i CAN do, but prefer not to. hmmm, maybe i do it more than i think. i'll have to think on that one.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    here's the deal to me, you have been saying ENFp from the beginning of me being here. you say the evidence points that way.
    Yes, it does, but the evidence is not 100 % conclusive.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama
    please LIST the evidence that supports your claim.
    Hard work. Boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama
    no, i'm not going back to reread all of my posts.
    If you are not going to do it, why should I?

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama
    i do not believe that you SAID what the evidences were. you just said they were there.
    Yes, because I saw it. I compare the available evidence with everything I know about all the types. And that's a lot. But it is extremely difficult to explain in a few words or list as a summary.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama
    obviously, only you can see what those evidences are, so, please enlighten us. it would be much appreciated.
    If done properly, that would take hours. I'm lazy, and I don't feel like going through all the material again. At least not by myself. Someone else has to do the gathering of the material in that case.

  34. #34
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Yes, it does, but the evidence is not 100 % conclusive.


    Hard work. Boring.


    If you are not going to do it, why should I?


    Yes, because I saw it. I compare the available evidence with everything I know about all the types. And that's a lot. But it is extremely difficult to explain in a few words or list as a summary.


    If done properly, that would take hours. I'm lazy, and I don't feel like going through all the material again. At least not by myself. Someone else has to do the gathering of the material in that case.
    thank you. i understand all you've said here and agree. i like your honesty here. this kind of honesty makes it easier to take in what you have to say.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you for your reply dbmama this is fascinating

    I now think the lady I mention earlier I believed to be your identical (Elaine Meinel Supkis) is your identical. I had typed her (very tentatively) as ENFj not the least based on her strong connection to the metaphysical. It is perhaps the defining aspect of her life. If you read her interesting blog
    http://elainemeinelsupkis.typepad.com/
    that soon becomes very clear. Yet she also has very strong Se and is very good at things like statistics (which you see if you look at her economic analyses and work in science), 'lawyering' and other things you mention. She is also very straightforward and 'kickass' in confrontational situations, a 'take charge' personality.

    ILE does indeed seem a good fit for you.

    Sunshine, what are your thoughts about the metaphysical?

    Why do ILE's seem to have strong Se? It is supposed be a weak function after all
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  36. #36
    macysmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In the Arms of Babes
    TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    db, one of the struggles I see with this typing is that the forum members only read your words, which come across way more happy easy going then your body language while you say these words. I want to point out to all of you that she is a very serious person, despite the fact that she goes out of her way to dance and play everyday, even that is in it's own way very serious. Also, when she says she is emotionally sensitive, its not in a sweet and emotionally sensitive to feelings like a, well, I don't know, like a ISFp/Si or something. It's more like a RAW kind of way. Keep in mind as well that she is on this forum all the time, she is interacting with you guys all day, on the internet, and me on the phone, NOT in person. She makes a small, safe cocoon of her hubby and kids. On the other hand, she is very animated and can be very outgoing, but IMO only when she is in contol of the situation. For example, she was very outgoing when she taught classes, she was the teacher, the one in charge of the situation. Outgoing at boot camp because she was in charge. Outgoing when she was the leader of a homeschool group. She becomes disenchanted when the people in this groups don't meet up with her idealized image, so all of these are past tense. I am her best friend and sister and when she comes to my house, she is out of sorts, etc. but when I visit her at her house, everything is fine. AND THIS IS WITH HER CLOSEST FRIEND AND SISTER. LOVE you db! Hope this helps!

  37. #37
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sunshine, what are your thoughts about the metaphysical?

    Why do ILE's seem to have strong Se? It is supposed be a weak function after all
    lol so true. our Se only seems strong. it's really not. it's really only "good enough." well and i guess the older we are the more we've been exposed to Se maybe the better we are at it? or something. you kinda have to compare it to leading Se to get your mind around it. like, our Se is a little overblown compared to the more precise way that an SLE has with using it.

    the metaphysical: it's totally interesting. great to talk about endlessly with somebody else who understands it. (like IEI!!) the spiritual, for me, is a totally necessary and grounding part of my life. like i'm a lunatic without it. well an exaggeration i spose but still. i worry way too much without spiritual practice. i wonder if it is a function of leading Ne...like you can see all these vague possibilities and how any number of them could manifest, both in a positive way and in a negative. if i get too focused on the negative possibilities, i become fearful and anxiety ridden. so knowing that everything is part of God's plan, that he exists in all times and places and is there for me, assures me and strengthens me. i think that IEI's focus on Ni is attractive to me for this reason as well. like, they can see how things will change and how i should not worry. when they combine it with Fe, it's almost perfect.

    macysmama discusses the issue of control, unfortunately this is a manifestation of role function Se. it took me forever to see that i didn't have to control everything; that i could always choose how to respond to things, whatever happened, i could choose. with role Se you feel like you have to control the external world instead of seeing how you can choose your own actions and how you deal with your own insides and how other people can do the same.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  38. #38
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I say ENFj. I can feel it in my bones. This one, right here.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  39. #39
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    lol so true. our Se only seems strong. it's really not. it's really only "good enough." well and i guess the older we are the more we've been exposed to Se maybe the better we are at it? or something. you kinda have to compare it to leading Se to get your mind around it. like, our Se is a little overblown compared to the more precise way that an SLE has with using it.

    the metaphysical: it's totally interesting. great to talk about endlessly with somebody else who understands it. (like IEI!!) the spiritual, for me, is a totally necessary and grounding part of my life. like i'm a lunatic without it. well an exaggeration i spose but still. i worry way too much without spiritual practice. i wonder if it is a function of leading Ne...like you can see all these vague possibilities and how any number of them could manifest, both in a positive way and in a negative. if i get too focused on the negative possibilities, i become fearful and anxiety ridden. so knowing that everything is part of God's plan, that he exists in all times and places and is there for me, assures me and strengthens me. i think that IEI's focus on Ni is attractive to me for this reason as well. like, they can see how things will change and how i should not worry. when they combine it with Fe, it's almost perfect.

    macysmama discusses the issue of control, unfortunately this is a manifestation of role function Se. it took me forever to see that i didn't have to control everything; that i could always choose how to respond to things, whatever happened, i could choose. with role Se you feel like you have to control the external world instead of seeing how you can choose your own actions and how you deal with your own insides and how other people can do the same.
    you've said it again. all of it...all of it

  40. #40
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I say ENFj. I can feel it in my bones. This one, right here.
    dude, if i was ENFj, your conflictor, how could we get along? even in the sack?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •