Thread: suggestive Si - how does it manifest?

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default suggestive Si - how does it manifest?

I ask because of problems with determining my type.
    I get irritated (or just ignore it) when poeple try to interfere in and criticize my appearance. Some would say I don't care about myself. I can't remember last time I had my hair cut and I can wear the same clothes for ages. That's why i'm unsure about being type with suggestive Si, that would willingly follow other's advices. But it's not that I don't mind how I look. Simply, I like hair in disorder and I seldom feel the need for change what I find pleasant for me and comfortable. Pleasure is what I value over appearance, so I'm not sure what aspect of Si is essential now.
    If not ILE, I'd be IEI/EII. I'm quite sure about valued Fe.

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone says "you look like shit"; that's not Si. That's Se. It's making a claim about external statics of objects; that is, the way you appear to them or others. Of course, as Se role (if indeed you are an ILE), you're not going to appreciate this at all. Si is about internal sensational states, so pleasure has a lot to do with it. Appearances only come into play when they involve an individual's inner state. For example, if someone says "the way you look makes me feel really horny"; this is Si. It is making a comment about how your appearance makes them feel. Obviously there's a touch of Se in there, but it's primarily Si.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking weak Si at first, but what Ezra said makes more sense..I guess
    Weak Sensing for sure

but looking at the Semantics thing, I would say weak Si..

Themes of Se that would fit are:
    constant physical traits of objects - size and shape
    - amount
    - other physical traits

While themes of Si that would fit are:
    physical characteristics - consistency
    - changing the physical traits of any objects, including inanimate objects

And you can always change and "start to care" for yourself..
    I think it's Weak Si, I don't know what Function though..

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si-suggestive observations

Last night I got stoned and watched the movie Bright Star, about the relationship between John Keats and Fannie Brawne. I have seen this movie in the theater and afterwards on DVD a few times, but watching it stoned yesterday, was a completely new experience to me.

In some scenes I started to notice the scenery they were shot in. Very beautiful and also very intentional, but I completely missed those aspects while sober. I also realized that in movies such as these, I have too much a tendency to focus in on the characters and what it is that drives them.

I wanted to show some footage, but somehow I can't get audio and video in sync. But to show you what I mean: in the following shot I yesterday noticed for the first time that the character in this shot was wearing clothes with colors similar to the flowers, which, of course, is no accident:

I'm not sure, but I think I've had a glimpse of what it means to perceive reality through means of Si.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Last night I got stoned and watched the movie Bright Star, about the relationship between John Keats and Fannie Brawne. I have seen this movie in the theater and afterwards on DVD a few times, but watching it stoned yesterday, was a completely new experience to me.

In some scenes I started to notice the scenery they were shot in. Very beautiful and also very intentional, but I completely missed those aspects while sober. I also realized that in movies such as these, I have too much a tendency to focus in on the characters and what it is that drives them.

I wanted to show some footage, but somehow I can't get audio and video in sync. But to show you what I mean: in the following shot I yesterday noticed for the first time that the character in this shot was wearing clothes with colors similar to the flowers, which, of course, is no accident:

I'm not sure, but I think I've had a glimpse of what it means to perceive reality through means of Si.
    Yeah, I think intuitives rather see the "story" without seeing the details.... I've always have troubles remembering what characters look like but i can give a synopsis of any movie i've ever seen. I also think movies with long "beautifull" scenic shots are boring because they don't further the storyline. Incidentely, when I used to be stoned I liked stuff like that, as well as those psychedelict lightshows and such because of the "si" experiences. It got translated by my brain into intuitive stuff afterwards though so it was usually a temporary grasp at that illusive awareness of "now" or "mindfullness" people are all raving about.

I mean, i can quiet my mind, but all my senses go with it...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Yeah, I think intuitives rather see the "story" without seeing the details.... I've always have troubles remembering what characters look like but i can give a synopsis of any movie i've ever seen. I also think movies with long "beautifull" scenic shots are boring because they don't further the storyline. Incidentely, when I used to be stoned I liked stuff like that, as well as those psychedelict lightshows and such because of the "si" experiences. It got translated by my brain into intuitive stuff afterwards though so it was usually a temporary grasp at that illusive awareness of "now" or "mindfullness" people are all raving about.

I mean, i can quiet my mind, but all my senses go with it...
    Yes. When I saw that I thought of the story. The young 19th cent girl reading a book in a comfortable and pleasant spot. Only sfter looking at it some time did I actually see the flowers and did I notice that green

Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With films, I tend to just take everything in at once, whether it be aesthetics, dialogue, etc. without compartmentalizing anything. It all sort of passes through without a thought and I end up feeling some type of way afterwards without being able to articulate what exactly, assuming it's a drama or heady film. I sometimes miss the actual story or motivations of characters completely until I take the time to give it a second watch.

In fact whenever I read reviews, I notice that I often miss things that are supposed to be 'implied', like a character just happens to say something in passing, which is therefore supposed to imply such-and-such about a relationship, society as a whole, his living situation, the story in general, etc. and they make a whole thing out of it. I kind of have to force myself to look for some of those things, and it's usually in spurts.
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-30-2014 at 08:14 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bright star is such a bad movie, man.
    I watched in college with my SLE roommate and a shared tub of ice cream during some low point.

We both thought it was shitty then we ran into a ILE guy and LIE guy who had watched it together and both *loved* it; one of them had bought the DVD...

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I watched in college with my SLE roommate and a shared tub of ice cream during some low point.

We both thought it was shitty then we ran into a ILE guy and LIE guy who had watched it together and both *loved* it; one of them had bought the DVD...
    I never thought of it as a very good movie either. I always considered it a love story about two immature people. What fascinated me the most, was the soundtrack, which is sort of hypnotizing. I've got it on my MP3 player and listen to it quite frequently.

All that being said, now that I have had last night experience, I think my evaluation of the movie misses the intentions of the director. A got a lot milder about it after last night's viewing ;-)

You should go see movies with ILEs instead of SLEs ;-)
    Last edited by consentingadult; 05-30-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    The future of Socionics:

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post

I second consenting adult! You doing the icecream thing with SLE's totally ruins the world for us poor ILE's. We LOVE icecream and SEI's! ((especially if the former is served on top of the latter)).

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I second consenting adult! You doing the icecream thing with SLE's totally ruins the world for us poor ILE's. We LOVE icecream and SEI's! ((especially if the former is served on top of the latter)).
    I was actually referring to all the intellectual benefits SEIs gain from engaging with ILEs ;-)
    The future of Socionics:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I was actually referring to all the intellectual benefits SEIs gain from engaging with ILEs ;-)
    Lol

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mrao

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lemontrees: It's not in the content of what ILEs have to offer, it's in the carrier waves ;-)
    The future of Socionics:

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rewatch Breaking Bad and pay attention to wardrobe. Or just read this http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Color Si gets a completely parallel and deeper story.