Thread: An observation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default An observation...

Okay, I've noticed something about almost ALL ...if not ALL Gammas that I know, have a receeding hairline. Anyone else notice this?
    Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.

Quote Originally Posted by ESTP View Post
    Okay, I've noticed something about almost ALL ...if not ALL Gammas that I know, have a receeding hairline. Anyone else notice this?
    Hmm nope. I can think only one gamma that I know of, that has receding hairline. Among the people I know of, it's maybe most common among deltas or betas.

I doubt this is type related Except that washing your hair often can increase balding, and some types might wash their hair more often than other types.

I have enough hair on my head for 2 people haha.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Hmm nope. I can think only one gamma that I know of, that has receding hairline. Among the people I know of, it's maybe most common among deltas or betas.

I doubt this is type related Except that washing your hair often can increase balding, and some types might wash their hair more often than other types.

I have enough hair on my head for 2 people haha.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...&postcount=122
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed it mostly on INTp's and ESFp's...ESFp's mostly females tho, not so much receeding for them but thinning hair on he hairline
    Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ESTP View Post
    Even the Gamma women?!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Read, man. Read!
    I did and I still find it CRAZY!

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Even the Gamma women?!

We are the Borg, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

Hehe actually, now I rembember my INTj friend once describing me as the Borg.
    Last edited by Warlord; 07-15-2008 at 10:15 AM.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Board members didn't cross my mind Although I don't remember that detailed what people here look like. I probably would remember more gammas that are balding, if I really start to think about it. But then again I probably at the same time, remember people of other quadras too.

INTp

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma with Receding hairline

It's an either/or thing. Either you have a receding hairline, or you don't. Non-Gamma's have the same thing. It's genetics, which aren't always parsed with personality, but when it's a 1 of 2 chance that something will be a certain way, it looks like a pattern, to someone. Not to me though. :roll eyes:

I am ILI and I have lots of hair. My husband is SEE and he's had a receding hairline since before I met him (he was 25 when I first saw him.) For 16 years he's been losing more and more hair in my presence, and the only hair I lose grows back (just as usual, like every other person that has a full head of hair.)

So then, in my household, 1 Gamma with receding hairline (SEE); 1 Gamma with full head of hair (ILI): Nothing but male pattern baldness (from his mother's side of the family.)
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post

Originally Posted by crazymaisy
    It's an either/or thing. Either you have a receding hairline, or you don't. Non-Gamma's have the same thing. It's genetics, which aren't always parsed with personality, but when it's a 1 of 2 chance that something will be a certain way, it looks like a pattern, to someone. Not to me though. :roll eyes:

But there are variations in how fast it progesses. (And for a rarer percentage of the population, there is even baldness without the usual "pattern": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_areata) I haven't balded yet myself but I am still young. In case there is a correlation, I will let the userlist authors know if that changes.

But, oh how I dislike paragraphs, or whatever, that start with "But" ... I never said anything about "progression" of how fast or slow male pattern baldness is for everyone that has it, and I also didn't differentiate that there are other sorts of baldness and that progression is at different levels ... I totally only spoke of MY household, and the basic-ness of "either/or" (that MY hubby was losing it before I met him and ever since) and I didn't speak to the "when and how" but that it's either/or at any given moment, per se for anyone, not caring to delve into the complexities of "levels" when it's a known thing that most everything comes in different flavors, levels, layers, what ever one wishes to call it.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Either/Or

Well it may be easier to observe depending upon the whens and hows, is what I was getting at. And these levels may have any number of additional genetic controls. So although what is formally defined as a "receding hairline" may be boolean with a 50,50 distribution, the OP's observation may instead have more complex causes. (Perhaps worth noting, because something 50/50 is less likely dependent upon a single quadra.)
    Exactly. Whatever that means. So anyway then, I wasn't talking about the complexeties, and you made it seem as if I was deleting something out of existence with your "But" reply ... when I was just saying, a Gamma is either/or and that I am Gamma and so is my husband, and mentioning that he's got what's considered "male pattern baldness" (FWIW) and I have a full head of hair. It was a Gamma comparison. Simplicity. Either/Or.
    Last edited by crazymaisy; 07-15-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: code
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"But" can be understood as a contrary statement. But it can also mean "nevertheless", "regardless".

Which is precisely why it is very bad to start a sentence with BUT. I'm just wearing my critique-ILI-ing hat. I do not need a "definition" of "But" when used at the beginning of a sentence.

It means the either/ors one may causually observe may happen differently? (compared with the MPB genotype's distribution)
    All I meant was, "whatever".

By the way, are you questioning your own interpretation? Or what?
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh....i've actually been paranoid that my hair is thinning on the top recently....

i have relatively long hair, but when its just hanging down i dont know....you'd have to see for yourself. the only person ive mentioned it too doesnt even really check it out for me to give me a good opinion. she just says im crazy. annoying. but we have 3 mirrors in our bathroom that allow me to see all around my head when i look around. and i swear........i see it..... =[
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude i have the opposite problem... i have a shitton of big, thick hair...
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    dude i have the opposite problem... i have a shitton of big, thick hair...
    me too.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wish I could grow my hair long, but it doesn't really grow long, it just gets thick on top. Which is annoying. I'd love to see how I'd look with an 80s rocker style haircut. But instead it would just get increasingly thick, whilst taking perhaps a year or more to grow any reasonable length. And I fear making it grow much longer lest I be judged by those around me. LEST I BE JUDGED GDI!!!
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I grew my hair long I would look exactly like my mom when she was eight.

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lot of hair

I have long hair. It's "thick" but really just a lot of hair, not thick hair. It's curly and it's "fine" and I don't shampoo it either.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    And I fear making it grow much longer lest I be judged by those around me. LEST I BE JUDGED GDI!!!
    I get more negative attention than compliments about my long hair. But then again most compliments I get are about my hair. But that's not the reason why I have long hair, I don't care at all what people think about how I look.

So go ahead and try, if you want to. You can always cut it off. I can't cut mine, even if I wanted to. Because then I would let the bastards win haha

btw. I grew mine from being completely bald, and it never has been cut after that.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's more the fact it would take a year or more for my hair to actually grow any reasonable length, which is what would bug me. Ever since the influence of a couple of Gamma SFs (an SEE and an ESI respectively) that I work with I've been a lot more aware of my appearance. Not necessarily any good at dealing with it, but more aware of it. I dunno. I had a dream not too long ago that I'd suddenly realised that my hair was down to my shoulders and I thought "Ooh, I can style it long now". Probably influenced by the fact I haven't had it cut since I got back into this shitty little country. I really need to get into the programming industry somehow. And somehow move to America at the same time. Somehow somehow dilly dilly somehow.
    5w4 so/sx

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...everyone I've spoken to about it (well, all the females anyway. I think my Dad's the only male I've mentioned it to. More to do with the ratio of women to men in my life than any particular decision to talk to women about it more) thinks I'm better with it shorter. I dunno, I'm just bored with styling it the same way all the time, but I don't know what else I can do with it. Stupid hair, I wish I could just magically make it one way, try it out, make it another way, try it out. Or I could just tear it all out, but I'd imagine that would hurt. And me no like pain.

EDIT: Posts like this make me realise how much I need a Gamma SF by my side more often. Well, a Gamma SF that isn't my mother anyway. Long story.
    5w4 so/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry if i'm jumping in here, not knowing my type. but, i have a lot of hair too. and so does my hubby, both of us on the wavy side. i have been cutting his and my boys hair for years now. it makes it very easy that way. sometimes one of the boys has wanted a bit of different look and i'm fine with giving it to them but my hubby is more conservative than i in that way. buzzcuts he says.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people say they would do something harmful to themselves if XYZ happened, my response is why harm themselves, when they can harm those responsible instead?

BLauritson: Encouraging psychopaths around the world since 1987.
    5w4 so/sx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha...that would be so cool.. just a sky blue t-shirt with a white triangle and black square. I would so wear that. That's right, I wouldn't just wear it, I'd so wear it. Big difference.
    5w4 so/sx