TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Montgomery Clift

Quotes: [from IMDb]

I love the stage, but after a few months you can get tired. I would rather do three movies than play in one stage hit. I played in four flops in a row when I was about 17 and I was delighted. I was being paid to be trained.

I keep my family out of my public life because it can be an awful nuisance to them. What's my mother going to tell strangers anyway? That I was a cute baby and that she's terribly proud of me? Nuts. Who cares?

[recalling his arrival in Hollywood] I told them I wanted to choose my scripts and my directors myself. "But sweetheart," they said, "you're going to make a lot of mistakes." And I told them, "You don't understand; I want to be free to do so."

Good dialogue simply isn't enough to explain all the infinite gradations of a character. It's behavior -- it's what's going on behind the lines.

I don't want to be labeled as either a pansy or a heterosexual. Labeling is so self-limiting. We are what we do, not what we say we are.

I feel my real talent lies in directing for my later years.

[on Elizabeth Taylor] Liz is the only woman I have ever met who turns me on. She feels like the other half of me.

Pics:

More fun with quotes:

"The only line that's wrong in Shakespeare is 'holding a mirror up to nature.' You hold a magnifying glass up to nature. As an actor you just enlarge it enough so that your audience can identify with the situation. If it were a mirror, we would have no art."

"Look, if you're playing Romeo and your Juliet is a pig, you find something you can love about pigs!"

"I have enough money to get by. I'm not independently wealthy, just independently lazy, I suppose."

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny gaze he's got.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni base, a melancholy, brooding one.

Liz and him were soulmates.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks INTp... (Could be INFp, but more likely INTp.)

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bumping this thread to compete for views with the type blogs.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some sort of IP I 'd guess.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here. I figure he's either ILI or IEI. I'm just not sure which is more likely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    Same here. I figure he's either ILI or IEI. I'm just not sure which is more likely.
    i'd like to know because he reminds me of my hubby. and he was his fav actor for many years, mostly for the brooding aspect. my hubby was VERY emo like him, which i guess leans toward IEI.

my hubby "got over himself" as he calls it and acts more Si like now. unless he was Si all along and drifted into Ni land when he was a brooding lad.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What a self-hating fag. God, he depresses me. Maybe it was just the times back then but jeesh.

I don't want to be labeled as either a pansy or a heterosexual.
    So a homosexual is a 'pansy' and a heterosexual gets to be 'heterosexual.' Nice.

Maybe if he actually tried to be homoerotic instead of a sissy emo actor, he could have gotten more dates- but what a sucky attitude.

Please don't put him in our quadra. We actually like epic gay guys that kick ass, like Larry Kramer, not whiners. Also anybody who says that they don't want to be labeled as either gay or straight is a grade-a homosexual and they know it.