Thread: New Socionic Typing Aid/Test/What-Have-You

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Socionic Typing Aid/Test/What-Have-You

Hugo wanted me to post this little page of his on resolving uncertain things in how you type yourself. Basically, it seems to work on being able to pin down dichotomolically (my word, so just run with it) what you know (or think you know?) and to sort out the dichotomies you can't quite figure out by your association to certain renin dichotomies of a given list. Or so I understand it, anyway.

He was curious for some feedback on his work, so please take a look at it.

http://www.shorttext.com/qbtjuxz
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Hugo wanted me to post this little page of his on resolving uncertain things in how you type yourself. Basically, it seems to work on being able to pin down dichotomolically (my word, so just run with it) what you know (or think you know?) and to sort out the dichotomies you can't quite figure out by your association to certain renin dichotomies of a given list. Or so I understand it, anyway.

I like it - he's organized it very well; so long as you're honest with yourself (not always easy), I think this is a good way to get a feel for your type or at least narrow it down significantly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post

to tell you the truth, i couldn't even get through the instructions. to read all that, not interested.

BUT, munenori2, that quote of yours is one of the best ever!!! marianne williamson?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    BUT, munenori2, that quote of yours is one of the best ever!!! marianne williamson?
    Yep
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Markuz; 04-18-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markuz View Post
    I sat at my comp for five whole minutes trying to pronounce that word...and still can't.
    hahaha yeah I have been trying too.... hmmm ....I think I have it and then... nope...
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why is there a reference to "toilet paper" and "McDonalds" in this thing?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I can't decide my type satisfactorily - I'm quite sure I'm an introvert and an intuitive type, I can choose Reasonableness easily, but then I can't choose the thing I relate to the most from: Compliant, Obstinate, Democratic, Aristocratic, Positivism and Negativism.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Markuz View Post
    I sat at my comp for five whole minutes trying to pronounce that word...and still can't.
    It was driving me crazy too... here ya go:

From dictionary.com (modified for adverb form) -[dahy-kuh-tom-ik-lee]

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I think you need a lot of knowledge to use this. If not, I think people will never relate to the "negative" sounding words, like obstinate, negativism, interrogative, declarative, etc. If you understand the definitions, it could work better, but I think it would work even better if there are equally "positive" sounding words defined for the alternatives.
    I agree with you to an extent, but I still think this is helpful if the person is willing to do some outside research as well... something as relatively straightforward as this would have been extremely helpful to me when I first learned about socionics, and typed myself as almost my exact opposite (although that had a lot to do with testing as who I thought I was supposed to be).

I do think it's helpful for confirming your/someone's type then, even if not all the sections are clear-cut/black-and-white.