Thread: ISTps would you arrange a birthday party for yourselves?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTps would you arrange a birthday party for yourselves?

would you ever arrange say a birthday party for yourselves?

buy the hats, bake the cake invite people over?

just wondering
    n00bIEE

Creepy-Cyclops

no but i have done for others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would you like it if a friendly ENFp trhew you a surprise party? Or would you absolutely hate it?
    n00bIEE

Creepy-Cyclops

i tend not to like to attract too much attention but I think I would be secretly pleased. Yeah I would.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not me. I like to be the fly on the wall at parties, enjoying watching everyone else doing stuff that in other contexts would make them feel foolish. (And not to make fun of them; just to enjoy that kind of atmosphere semi-vicariously)
    Now if I were already drunk, bring on the par-tay!! But in general, if someone wanted to do something nice for my birthday, he/she could take me to an ethnic restaurant and let the conversation focus on intellectual digressions.
    Or host a paintball event! (I miss paintball)
    I have a tendency to do things like tune up my friend's cars for their birthdays. I'll never forget the first time I did this for James (who has destroyed at least 3 cars by his failure to do maintenance) ... he brought over two of his friends because they were all going to roleplay afterwards. As I changed the oil, checked the air filter and intake, inspected the plugs and checked the various fluids ... I explained everything I was doing, hoping to inspire James to either do it himself next time or at least realize that there are multiple parts to a car that need frequent checking. All three males were enraptured, because none of them knew any of the things I was telling them.
    It may have been the most prototypical ISTp event of my life. Happy Birthday, pop the hood!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI