Thread: How do you relate to the different quadras?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so sure it has anything to do with subtype but perhaps. What do you mean about reading your subtype?

I have been thinking about this a lot lately actually; I'll write more later. Regardless of how you identify with written descriptions, being around groups of predominantly one quadra can be very telling in terms of how you relate to them.

My opposing quadra seems the most psychologically foreign to me. That does not mean they are bad people of course, but that their motivations and implied values are different than mine. For example, I cannot "relax" or enjoy myself as easily as betas do, when they are doing what they want to do. Then again, my idea of relaxing and enjoying myself is also different.

Just to be clear, it is not a matter of socializing or, as I have said before, playing games and competing or whatever. It's how it's done, and in some ways why it's done that prevents me from enjoying it. One element is the Fe-group thing. It is somewhat described on the wikisocion, but generally it is about how if a beta group invites you to do something, you're supposed to do it because it is a group acceptance thing. They then get disappointed if you don't do it, and suppose you don't like them - where as, the whole time, my intention is to simply do what I want to do, all the time (and that is the case independent of the group). That is a very rough-and-ready way of describing it, but it is small pieces of the puzzle like that which start fitting together over time and confirming your quadra relations.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite simply, I don't relate to Alpha. Neither their defocused nor their unproductive attitude to life. They're light-hearted and fun-loving individuals; the very opposite of me, haha.

Beta - my own quadra, so I clearly relate well.

Gamma - obviously, there's been the struggle between Beta/Gamma in determining my quadra and thus my type (SLE or SEE). I relate to a lot of Gamma, mainly their non-group attitude to life.

Delta - I relate to the extent that I kind of do end up liking Deltas because I want to keep the peace between opposing quadras. I feel that if I can conquer liking Deltas and having that reciprocation, I can do anything regarding relationships.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra you're SLE.

No shit about that.

There's no point having reciprocate love from people who hate your true self. It just retards growth, stagnates freedom, and creates an illusion of peace under tension.

It's just the cold war all over again. Capitalism always wins over hippie communist tards.

Just kidding. I actually believe in communism. It's just unachievable due to limitations, in that Si people are too lazy, Te people are too calculative, Ne people never get what they want, and Fi people are too afraid of change.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Creepy-bg

some times/parts of me relate to all of them

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like Beta quadra and I seem to completely not even notice Gammas.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I don't like Beta quadra and I seem to completely not even notice Gammas.
    I agree with you too much, Loki, haha. I was just going to say this.

The only two quadras I seem to even take notice of are Beta and Delta...the others seem to fade into the background, I dont have much opinion on them. Beta strikes me as very chaotic and offensive. Yes...when I think of Beta, I immediately think "offensive". Don't get me wrong, they have likeable qualities but I don't find myself meshing very well with any type in that quadra.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the connection you've made between subtypes and quadra preferences. I am most certainly a delta NF, I relate both to INFj-Ne and to ENFp-Ne but I'm most likely a more intuitive INFj.

Reading the descriptions of quadras I would have to say that delta is the only one that describes my true self. This is how I regard other quadras:

Alpha – I can relate to the descriptions more than beta and gamma but I have an aversion from their Fe Ti aspects. In real life we get along fine and adapt to this difference relatively well, I feel relaxed and comfortable around alphas. (it's a little bit harder with my INTj-Ti friend though)

Beta - I have a real hard time relating to what's going on in there.

Gamma – The descriptions just sound way too stuffy for me. I have gammas in my family and I always have to hold back around them and tone down, and that mostly inhibits me. It's ok for short periods of time but if I hang around them too much I accumulate energy that I have to get out, it feels like I can't have my fun around them or truly be me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta is cool except for the whole dom/sub thing

I admire Delta but couldn't live their lives

Gamma just seems retarded (no offense)
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.