Thread: How do you relate to the different quadras?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so sure it has anything to do with subtype but perhaps. What do you mean about reading your subtype?

I have been thinking about this a lot lately actually; I'll write more later. Regardless of how you identify with written descriptions, being around groups of predominantly one quadra can be very telling in terms of how you relate to them.

My opposing quadra seems the most psychologically foreign to me. That does not mean they are bad people of course, but that their motivations and implied values are different than mine. For example, I cannot "relax" or enjoy myself as easily as betas do, when they are doing what they want to do. Then again, my idea of relaxing and enjoying myself is also different.

Just to be clear, it is not a matter of socializing or, as I have said before, playing games and competing or whatever. It's how it's done, and in some ways why it's done that prevents me from enjoying it. One element is the Fe-group thing. It is somewhat described on the wikisocion, but generally it is about how if a beta group invites you to do something, you're supposed to do it because it is a group acceptance thing. They then get disappointed if you don't do it, and suppose you don't like them - where as, the whole time, my intention is to simply do what I want to do, all the time (and that is the case independent of the group). That is a very rough-and-ready way of describing it, but it is small pieces of the puzzle like that which start fitting together over time and confirming your quadra relations.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite simply, I don't relate to Alpha. Neither their defocused nor their unproductive attitude to life. They're light-hearted and fun-loving individuals; the very opposite of me, haha.

Beta - my own quadra, so I clearly relate well.

Gamma - obviously, there's been the struggle between Beta/Gamma in determining my quadra and thus my type (SLE or SEE). I relate to a lot of Gamma, mainly their non-group attitude to life.

Delta - I relate to the extent that I kind of do end up liking Deltas because I want to keep the peace between opposing quadras. I feel that if I can conquer liking Deltas and having that reciprocation, I can do anything regarding relationships.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra you're SLE.

No shit about that.

There's no point having reciprocate love from people who hate your true self. It just retards growth, stagnates freedom, and creates an illusion of peace under tension.

It's just the cold war all over again. Capitalism always wins over hippie communist tards.

Just kidding. I actually believe in communism. It's just unachievable due to limitations, in that Si people are too lazy, Te people are too calculative, Ne people never get what they want, and Fi people are too afraid of change.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Creepy-bg

some times/parts of me relate to all of them

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like Beta quadra and I seem to completely not even notice Gammas.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the connection you've made between subtypes and quadra preferences. I am most certainly a delta NF, I relate both to INFj-Ne and to ENFp-Ne but I'm most likely a more intuitive INFj.

Reading the descriptions of quadras I would have to say that delta is the only one that describes my true self. This is how I regard other quadras:

Alpha – I can relate to the descriptions more than beta and gamma but I have an aversion from their Fe Ti aspects. In real life we get along fine and adapt to this difference relatively well, I feel relaxed and comfortable around alphas. (it's a little bit harder with my INTj-Ti friend though)

Beta - I have a real hard time relating to what's going on in there.

Gamma – The descriptions just sound way too stuffy for me. I have gammas in my family and I always have to hold back around them and tone down, and that mostly inhibits me. It's ok for short periods of time but if I hang around them too much I accumulate energy that I have to get out, it feels like I can't have my fun around them or truly be me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta is cool except for the whole dom/sub thing

I admire Delta but couldn't live their lives

Gamma just seems retarded (no offense)
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I don't like Beta quadra and I seem to completely not even notice Gammas.
    I agree with you too much, Loki, haha. I was just going to say this.

The only two quadras I seem to even take notice of are Beta and Delta...the others seem to fade into the background, I dont have much opinion on them. Beta strikes me as very chaotic and offensive. Yes...when I think of Beta, I immediately think "offensive". Don't get me wrong, they have likeable qualities but I don't find myself meshing very well with any type in that quadra.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi valuing is probably far more important than gamma alone.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I don't think of things in strict terms of the system of socionics, just in terms of the people I meet and how I get along with them, I don't have any particular problems with any quadra. There are certain people I get on with less well, and I guess I'd relate that to Se just in terms of how a discussion or atmosphere goes down. Not all members of beta or gamma seem guilty of this imo by any means.

What I don't like is that sort of confrontationalism that makes certain other people feel like shit. There's a lot of times when this butting of heads can come off as playful, which I don't mind so long as everyone's thick-enough skinned about it and recognizes it as such, but when it devolves into insulting people just to drive them off or cut them out of a discussion, whatever that is in a socionic sense pisses me off. Basically, it's not so much that any quadra upsets me, just that the negative sides of them do, and the Se/Ni quadras seem to affect me more strongly.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    If I don't think of things in strict terms of the system of socionics, just in terms of the people I meet and how I get along with them, I don't have any particular problems with any quadra. There are certain people I get on with less well, and I guess I'd relate that to Se just in terms of how a discussion or atmosphere goes down. Not all members of beta or gamma seem guilty of this imo by any means.

What I don't like is that sort of confrontationalism that makes certain other people feel like shit. There's a lot of times when this butting of heads can come off as playful, which I don't mind so long as everyone's thick-enough skinned about it and recognizes it as such, but when it devolves into insulting people just to drive them off or cut them out of a discussion, whatever that is in a socionic sense pisses me off. Basically, it's not so much that any quadra upsets me, just that the negative sides of them do, and the Se/Ni quadras seem to affect me more strongly.
    Fuck'n-A Bubba! well said.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha: I relate to them moreso than either Gamma OR Delta. They are fun-loving, free-spirited and random. They're up for adventures and I think what really makes me enjoy this quadra more than the other two is the preference for Fe/Ti. I have a major need for that, and to me it makes more of a difference than Se/Ni vs Si/Ne. The only thing that is annoying about Alpha is what I see as their avoidance of anything "heavy" or "deep". Beta CAN be very blunt and offensive at times, but we are only this way because it really airs things out for us and we get to face the issue head-on, like it should be faced. I find Alpha too fun-oriented, lazier than Beta - at the expense of achieving goals, and getting to the heart of the issue. Nothing is serious enough most of the time, and it gets really sickeningly sweet after a while, especially around the Alpha SFs. The Alpha NTs are cute but just way too weak-willed (imo).

Gamma: Err, I don't really know what to say about this quadra. It's pretty cool to me, I like most of the Gammas on here, we have a chill sort of relationship, even with Gammas I know in real life. There is no real outward conflict or dislike between myself and Gammas, but there is no true "connection" either. For me, it's like we try to be friends from time to time, get along fairly well, but then just tire of each-other's thought processes and leave well enough alone. It's just not that natural for me, besides liking SEEs and relating to them out of all other types excluding Beta quadra types. I like ESIs too, they're pretty bad-ass in a contained way. The Gamma NTs sort of frighten me though, in a weird way. I mean, they're so dry. Meh.

Delta: Annoying, no sense of fun at all. Their "humor" doesn't seem very humorous to me, and I know they feel likewise. SLIs are very grating. It seems like they are constantly trying to bring us Beta pplz down... like I know we have grand visions and can be flamboyant in our expression of them, but why be so sarcastic about how we naturally speak/type? IEEs are slightly better but still annoying... some of them seem so righteous and set in their ways to me for some odd reason, and everything they express I disagree with to some extent. I never find common ground with them, except for maybe JuJu, I really like him =], cool guy. The rest strike me as quite boring and so do EIIs, except for Minde, whom I like. No comment about LSEs cause I don't even think they exist on this forum... *cough*

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ouch

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    ouch
    I feel bad now =[ I think you're a cool SLI.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    ouch
    <nudge> hey no reactions! even if she does hate us!

We can't encroach on others opinions. well, yet anyway

- Voltaire

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I started to answer this thread but haven't posted it, because some of what I wrote sounds pretty bad especially about Delta, it's worse than Scarlett's, lol
    POST POST!

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok I re-read what I wrote and maybe it's not necessarily worse than what you wrote, but it's comparable! maybe I shouldn't feel bad though. Jessica said we're "offensive", so might as well live up to it? lol, I'll think about it... I've been trying to be more positive lately though
    just do it

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok I re-read what I wrote and maybe it's not necessarily worse than what you wrote, but it's comparable! maybe I shouldn't feel bad though. Jessica said we're "offensive", so might as well live up to it? lol, I'll think about it... I've been trying to be more positive lately though
    Post it! It'll give me an incentive to answer the thread.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh geez, now it looks like I was trying to gain attention or something about my post! not my intention at all.
    I was kidding...

Creepy-bg

oh geez, now it looks like I was trying to gain attention or something about my post! not my intention at all.
    I think you pointed this out just to get even more attention.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first started reading about the quadras I thought I least related to gamma. Related equally to alpha and delta, perhaps slightly more with Delta. Didn't really relate to beta at all, but some people confidently typed me as IEI so I think I tried to see elements in Beta which I related to. Now that I've had more chance to try and apply some of this stuff in real life, its become more obvious that Te/Fi valuing is important to me, and so now I don't find Gamma as aversive and I also identify less with Alpha. But still, on this board alone I have noticed elements of Gamma which I don't find agreeable, so the Ne/Si is still important to me. Right now I'd say I'm right in the middle of Delta, though earlier on I felt more Alpha/Delta, then Delta/Gamma.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post

What about you? How do you relate to the different quadras? Do your relations to the different quadras show your type/subtype as well?
    Actually I've theorized along similar lines in the past! My subtype definitely affects my relations and my relations definitely show my subtype. I know people here have disagreed but most people think about things very differently than IEEs and IEIs. IEEs and IEIs tend to learn "backwards" in my experience, so always get the "has potential" thing written on their report cards during elementary school. To me it's simply intuitive that subtype would affect one's relations and vice versa.

Alpha - I like Alpha NTs except when there's Alpha SFs around, like if I went to a party full of Alpha NTs I'd give out Fe like candy but if I went to a party full of Alphas I'd just end up providing the obligatory insult to a few of my supervisees who were talking about stupid things that don't matter and then bounce. I don't like how Alphas seem to talk simply to talk, as if it's some kind of comfort thing, and expecting me to respond to every thing they say, it distracts me from more important things I'm thinking about inside my head. On the other hand whenever something important happens, whether it be good or bad, I immediately start getting along with Alphas more, they start acting decently and I can begin to take them seriously. Also Alphas that I can tell from the get-go are brilliant (in the intelligent (NTs) or creative sense (SFs)) and put my brain to shame are awesome and seem to have overcome the deficiencies of their bretheren.

Beta - My quadra. I usually get along with my quadra, though sometimes it's a love hate thing - like if someone from another quadra saw how I behaved with certain members of my quadra they might assume that I detested the person and vice-versa, whereas in reality we're just being sincere about what we think. Betas that got hit with the stupid stick when they were children are annoying though and I especially detest that for some twisted reason I feel like I should take responsibility for all the stupid things they do (thank-god I don't listen to this feeling). It's difficult for me to establish any kind of stable, relatively formal, relations with members of my quadra but I suppose that's beta for you lol.

Gamma - I tend to get along with Gammas, usually there's distrust for the first few years I know them because I make no effort externally to make it seem like I have my life under control but over time they learn I'll magically show up when they need me, although I think it still irks them that I'm inconsistent when they don't. Also I don't really get along with them in any type of group activities as they don't seem to know how orchestrate group behaviour and I sabotage any kind of "let's get a group of individuals together and let everyone do their own thing" plans they might have when I'm around. Also when I talk to a Gamma NT in person that is significantly smarter than me they're actually able to understand what I'm getting at when I mumble something which is crazy because most people don't and instead put words in my mouth that were never there.

Delta - Delta NFs are interesting, I get along with them very well in group settings. Though there's some kind of barrier that prevents anything else. Generally seem to respect each other but keep out of each other's way (same thing I guess). ESTj females I can get along with so long as the formal code of conduct is being held up, which I'm fine with. ESTj males though I find to be generally dumb, I have no interest in getting to know them better, it's like I have territorial instinct and can hear them coming from a mile away so I change the environment in such a way that we never have to deal with each other, which is fine. ISTp again like the NFs I get along with them in groups, find them to be generally charming and interesting, never seem to have developed anything with them though.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha - I've never had significant interactions with Alpha for a prolonged period of time, especially with ISFps. From what I have briefly understood, I tend to get along better with Alpha rationals rather than gamma irrationals.

Beta - I've often interacted with these groups of people both in my free time and at school. I have had mixed feelings about it - some Betas seem to admire me in a strange way, in a sense of "Why does he makes so many things without publicizing any"? I've gotten along very well with ISTjs on an one-on-one basis, but when we form a group I seem to fade in the background a bit. I've had many problems with ENFjs - often it seems like they take up a similar social role to mine, but with a completely different emphasis of priority and language and actions.
    Overall my interactions with beta irrationals has been pretty smooth, smoother than with rationals. ESTp's and me usually get along pretty well, except once in a while an ESTp might get pissed if I do something better than him. INFps and me get along sufficiently well it seems but I've had some problems interacting over the long term with INFp women even if they seemed willing at the start.

Gamma - most of my closest friends and girlfriends have been ENTj and ISFj, so that's definitely the quadra I get along the best. I don't need to "try" to get along with them as I sometimes have to do with betas. For some reason, I've never connected well with Gamma irrationals, though. There seems to be a bit of a trend towards a preference for result-types.

Delta - I've had very bad clashes with ESTjs - they're the type I get along the worst among all the others. I've made good friends with ENFps, INFjs, and ISTps. With ENFps, I could also get near them in terms of lifestyle etc - deepen the relationship a bit, something that I didn't found easy with INFjs and ISTps.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit