TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne and Ni in ESxx/INxx duality

Si creative: "I want to do this."
    Ne creative: "Or you could do this or this instead." (hence preventing the ESxj from doing something that won't work or will have unintended consequences)

Se dominant: "I want to do this."
    Ni dominant: "If you do, then this and this will probably happen." (and then one or both of them can come up with better suggestions)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really need to learn to analyse my conversations better. I probably do this, yet whenever I read descriptions like this I can never think of any examples where I've done that. I mean, I quite often advise people on things of this nature so I probably have done. I dunno. Ignore me.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Si creative: "I want to do this."
    Ne creative: "Or you could do this or this instead." (hence preventing the ESxj from doing something that won't work or will have unintended consequences)

Se dominant: "I want to do this."
    Ni dominant: "If you do, then this and this will probably happen." (and then one or both of them can come up with better suggestions)
    Joy, what you said is correct and I agree, but I would like to expand on how the processes of Ni/Ne interplay as well as the background why it is the case.

Ni Creative: When told the intentions by the Se-Dom, the Ni creative is able to clearly see the possible different alternative choices () that are present but instead provides either the consequence of the action or the 'best' choice for the intentions of the Se-Dom (). The Se-Dom does not necessarily want to be told what to do, but rather, the Se-Dom wants a direction () for them to exert or enact ().

Ne Creative: When told the intentions by the Si-Dom, the Ne creative is able to clearly see the result of choices (), but instead, will provide the Si-Dom with possible 'safe' alternatives amongst those choices (). In this way, Ne almost acts to 'soften the blow' of the severity. By providing a series of possible choices (), the Ne creative allows the Si-Dom to select a choice that appeals to their particular mood, taste, or other environmental factors ().

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty much
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, I learned this the hard way be giving Si creatives the Ni dominant response way too many times. I've seen Ne creatives handle the same bad ideas in ways that the Si creatives respond well to.
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OR in a supervisory situation you have,

Si creative: I want to do this.
    Ni dominant: but x and y might happen if you're not careful.
    Si creative: you're always seeing the reasons why things can't be done.
    Ni dominant: I'm just tellin' ya....
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Anyways, I learned this the hard way be giving Si creatives the Ni dominant response way too many times. I've seen Ne creatives handle the same bad ideas in ways that the Si creatives respond well to.
    hmmmm what happens when Ne tries to tell Se what to do? or when Se tries to tell Ne? or when Ne tries to tell Ni?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    OR in a supervisory situation you have,

Si creative: I want to do this.
    Ni dominant: but x and y might happen if you're not careful.
    Si creative: you're always seeing the reasons why things can't be done.
    Ni dominant: I'm just tellin' ya....
    Yes, it's easy to forget to take a different approach instead of just saying and doing what automatically comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    or when Ne tries to tell Ni?
    Probably nothing.
    Last edited by Joy; 07-11-2008 at 11:53 PM.
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    hmmmm what happens when Ne tries to tell Se what to do? or when Se tries to tell Ne? or when Ne tries to tell Ni?
    When my mom (creative Ne) bombards me with ideas, I just sit back and smile, nodding, trying to appreciate her brainstorming. In my head I can immediately figure out reasons why some of her ideas won't work and others might be worth filing away. What I really dislike though is when she expects feedback from me and when I voice my reasons why I don't want to do something, she feels under-appreciated and says things like "well I guess I'm just not very good at figuring these things out, am I" and then I feel crappy. So I've learned to try to at least pretend that I'm going to give her ideas due consideration (I'm thinking now in terms of child-rearing tips or whatever) and then she seems happier.
    IEI-Fe 4w3