Let's keep an ongoing poll.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I start a fad?

I think SLE mostly makes sense, but I can't really rule out SEE, LIE, or EIE completely.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I think SLE mostly makes sense, but I can't really rule out SEE, LIE, or EIE completely.
    Seconded. (Just without EIE)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gamma extravert

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    gamma extravert
    yep.

cool avatar dmmama

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based more on gut feeling than anything else, I could see ESI.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone who thinks he's Se-valuing obviously subscribes to the bullshit stereotypes about Se.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    anyone who thinks he's Se-valuing obviously subscribes to the bullshit stereotypes about Se.
    Duals <33
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've now met Ezra - what, 5 or 6 times? But not in the foreseeable future as I am moving away from the Manchester area.

I've been flip-flopping between SLE and SEE. Right now I think SLE makes more sense. His reaction to receiving lots of Te is more like SLE than SEE.

But this is not "final"
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, you're a smart guy, but sometimes you think/say really dumb, uninformed shit.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Talking

You gotta describe what your day was like and your perceptions to things!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Personally, I think SLE.
    You think, or you wish?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    lol
    Ok. The first one usually results from the latter one, so the right answer is "both".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know something; I've never actually heard you describe Se. Ever. You say things like "they just have this feel..." or "they have a sort of intensity..." or "they're not aggressive... they just watch". Give a proper, functional description of Se, like the one in the wiki, or in socioscope, Filatova, Strati, Lytov or socioniko. Alternatively, list concepts of Se as Rick has done. You realise no one listens to you when you say "x is not the case". People automatically associate that with Phaedrus. And, these days, who the fuck is Phaedrus?

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I've now met Ezra - what, 5 or 6 times?
    Probably more.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick is incapable of qualifying his thoughts or observations in a coherent manner. Let him alone.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick is incapable of qualifying his thoughts or observations in a coherent manner. Let him alone.
    Bad Ti.

How about this for a suggestion: Nick is SEE. Ti PoLR, as you've described, and talks about Se so confidently because he is Se leading. Alternatively, he is IEI, with a horrific Te PoLR (inability to see the facts, unlike glam or Starfall, who do see the facts to some extent) and poor, valued Ti.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    You realise no one listens to you when you say "x is not the case". People automatically associate that with Phaedrus. And, these days, who the fuck is Phaedrus?
    ... ... ...

http://www.iso64.net/Phaedrus/?p=4

Finally (and most important for our purpose here) Phædrus was the anti-hero of Robert Pirsig’s Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. He was, as Pirsig says, “one person, no longer here, who had something to say, and who said it, but whom no one believed or really understood. Forgotten.”

... ... ...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2528782/Who-is-Phaedrus

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad Ti.

How about this for a suggestion: Nick is SEE. Ti PoLR, as you've described, and talks about Se so confidently because he is Se leading. Alternatively, he is IEI, with a horrific Te PoLR (inability to see the facts, unlike glam or Starfall, who do see the facts to some extent) and poor, valued Ti.
    Nah, I think he is IEI. He is a lot like Krae, who I am pretty confident is IEI as well.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's a point, Phaedrus. Why aren't you called Phædrus?

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad Ti.

He's Ni-INFp. He understands ideas in an Ni context, the most abstract function, then tries to understand and communicates them using Ti. So I would imagine that explaining to someone the inner structure and logical relationships within an abstract, internal concept of an already abstract and complicated theory would be a bit difficult.

Jesus Christ, give him a break. If you try to understand him, eventually he'll make sense to you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahahahaha. Whatever he's trying to communicate, he's wrong. He can argue, shout or scream all he wants; I am Se ego.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahahahaha. Whatever he's trying to communicate, he's wrong. He can argue, shout or scream all he wants; I am Se ego.
    I didn't say you weren't, I personally think you're SLE too.

It just annoys me when people mock someone else's understanding of something because of communication differences.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

All I can say is that if people want others to understand them better, they're going to have to explain things that actually happened in the physical, concrete reality and then their reactions/perceptions to those events and what it meant to them. Anything else and you are just talking out of your ass and nobody can relate to you as a human being.

Maybe you feel some details are too personal to share and that you are just here to exchange ideas, but I don't think your ideas can be validated unless you use specific details. It's the rule in creative writing, and it's the rule in life.

We can only get the picture as well as you yourself paint that picture.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    All I can say is that if people want others to understand them better, they're going to have to explain things that actually happened in the physical, concrete reality and then their reactions/perceptions to those events and what it meant to them. Anything else and you are just talking out of your ass and nobody can relate to you as a human being.

Maybe you feel some details are too personal to share and that you are just here to exchange ideas, but I don't think your ideas can be validated unless you use specific details. It's the rule in creative writing, and it's the rule in life.

B&D, your posts are obviously very different to others' posts that I appreciate, but I've been noticing they are always filled with a good deal of common sense and humanity

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is Beta NF personally, although I guess SEI-Fe is not out of the question.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    It just annoys me when people mock someone else's understanding of something because of communication differences.
    It's very hard for me to not mercilessly attack something (in any way I see fit) that is different from my own viewpoint. I will take that on board, however.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

Let me explain, just for you, what is going down in my life at the moment.

I am just not thinking about the wider issues in my life. When they come to me; when I attempt to break them down and analyse them, I get immediately depressive and feel an impending sense of doom concerning the claustrophobia of life. I suddenly thing "there is no point to life - there is no 'wider idea' or 'bigger issue'; it's just me and the world". This pains me, immensely, thinking that there are no horizons to venture across. I live a life of force and focus on worldly affairs, so when abstractions come along, I am completely demoralised because I simply cannot handle them at all. Don't get me wrong; I absolutely love thinking about global issues and what I'll do for a career and where I'll go in life. What I can't take is the idea that there is something that's missing from my life; that my life is not being lived it it's full potential. Having to deal with these sentiments kills me.

Do you know what I fucking hate? Kids who talk or walk into the cinema mid-way through a film. The first lot was in The Happening (bad film), and I walked down to their row and just stared at them until they noticed me, then waited five seconds, then went back to my seat. The second lot didn't notice me, but that was during Speed Racer (worse film), so it wasn't too bad. But destroying the experience still gets to me immensely. Bastards. It's good though; I enjoy the rush of potential combat; the unknown of what may happen. I like the feeling that I'm not in control of the situation in a way. Rapid heartbeat and a bit of sweating; it's potential danger situation, but throwing yourself in is kind of fun. It's a nice challenge to undertake. Most of the time in those situations, I know shit is not going to hit the fan. When I do know shit is going to hit the fan is when I'm in the street, and two kids offer me a bag of dried mixed herbs they try to pass off as a bag of green. When I refuse, and they start talking to me. Shit can get heavy from there. When they start sizing me up and looking for a fight. In that situation, the thing to do is NOT to make more conflict arise; it's to defuse the situation. You use calm, "respectful" language, and let the shit defuse itself. Say you're not looking for a fight, and look them directly in the eyes so they know you're not fucking, and then avoid them, by walking quickly away. You're not a pussy if you obey their "commands" e.g. "WALK QUICKER, NOW!" But take the bait, and you'll end up weaker as a person. They're not worth bothering with.

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    Clearly SEI.
    Yay! GO ALPHA POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 ALPHA

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very hard for me to not mercilessly attack something (in any way I see fit) that is different from my own viewpoint. I will take that on board, however.

Let me explain, just for you, what is going down in my life at the moment.

I am just not thinking about the wider issues in my life. When they come to me; when I attempt to break them down and analyse them, I get immediately depressive and feel an impending sense of doom concerning the claustrophobia of life. I suddenly thing "there is no point to life - there is no 'wider idea' or 'bigger issue'; it's just me and the world". This pains me, immensely, thinking that there are no horizons to venture across. I live a life of force and focus on worldly affairs, so when abstractions come along, I am completely demoralised because I simply cannot handle them at all. Don't get me wrong; I absolutely love thinking about global issues and what I'll do for a career and where I'll go in life. What I can't take is the idea that there is something that's missing from my life; that my life is not being lived it it's full potential. Having to deal with these sentiments kills me.

Do you know what I fucking hate? Kids who talk or walk into the cinema mid-way through a film. The first lot was in The Happening (bad film), and I walked down to their row and just stared at them until they noticed me, then waited five seconds, then went back to my seat. The second lot didn't notice me, but that was during Speed Racer (worse film), so it wasn't too bad. But destroying the experience still gets to me immensely. Bastards. It's good though; I enjoy the rush of potential combat; the unknown of what may happen. I like the feeling that I'm not in control of the situation in a way. Rapid heartbeat and a bit of sweating; it's potential danger situation, but throwing yourself in is kind of fun. It's a nice challenge to undertake. Most of the time in those situations, I know shit is not going to hit the fan. When I do know shit is going to hit the fan is when I'm in the street, and two kids offer me a bag of dried mixed herbs they try to pass off as a bag of green. When I refuse, and they start talking to me. Shit can get heavy from there. When they start sizing me up and looking for a fight. In that situation, the thing to do is NOT to make more conflict arise; it's to defuse the situation. You use calm, "respectful" language, and let the shit defuse itself. Say you're not looking for a fight, and look them directly in the eyes so they know you're not fucking, and then avoid them, by walking quickly away. You're not a pussy if you obey their "commands" e.g. "WALK QUICKER, NOW!" But take the bait, and you'll end up weaker as a person. They're not worth bothering with.

Yay! GO ALPHA POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 ALPHA
    The diffuse situation part?

I agree with.

I know that shit never hits the fan here in this forums.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3 ALPHA
    Ezra is my dual again <3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is Beta NF personally, although I guess SEI-Fe is not out of the question.
    Whoops, why did I think this was B&D's thread...rofl

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    You know something; I've never actually heard you describe Se. Ever. You say things like "they just have this feel..." or "they have a sort of intensity..." or "they're not aggressive... they just watch". Give a proper, functional description of Se, like the one in the wiki, or in socioscope, Filatova, Strati, Lytov or socioniko. Alternatively, list concepts of Se as Rick has done. You realise no one listens to you when you say "x is not the case". People automatically associate that with Phaedrus. And, these days, who the fuck is Phaedrus?
    I owe you no justification whatsoever. My understanding of the functions is highly Ni, meaning I typically think of them symbolically with images. Nonetheless, I know functions when I see them. Just because I don't explain things in nice, little concrete terms for your insular ESTj brain doesn't mean I don't understand it So, before you decide to throw a little counter-phobic temper tantrum and attempt to be confrontational with me (an actual Se valuer), stick the british cock that you so love back in your mouth and think your shit over, ******.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very hard for me to not mercilessly attack something (in any way I see fit) that is different from my own viewpoint.
    Yeah, Jesse, stop trying to act tough; it's laughable. You remind me of one of those angry little men who shout and scream because they want to be heard and think people care.
    He likes to try to "emotionally damage" people, like Gilly does.

And no matter how much he doesn't understand something, yes, he sees it quite fitting for him to go around and yell and bitch and whine and talk big about what he thinks.

I'm not sure if it is quite the same way as Gilly does, but Gilly often tries to present people as "social outcasts" or "uncool" when he's angry or agitated or feeling threatened (which could point to Beta). Ezra did it here, but I don't know if that's his usual MO.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very hard for me to not mercilessly attack something (in any way I see fit) that is different from my own viewpoint.
    I am so fucking exactly like that as well. I did that today and I brought some real bad unexpected shit on myself. I was blamed for being rude, cruel, overly sarcastic, overly critical for no reason, judgmental, hurtful, wanting (and enjoying) to purposefully hurt others and what not...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the process which I believe occurs. My Ni is very honed, which allows me to conceptualize things, typically visually, fairly easily and naturally. My Ti, while strongly valued, is more general and broadly focused. So...when I have an Ni understanding of something and am attempting to explain it, and the Ti articulation hasn't been brought into focus enough, it will seem convoluted/vague/etc. Am I making an excuse? hell no. making an excuse implies that you CARE about compensating for a behavior. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't understand me, then fuck you, you're stupid. There are a good number of people - both Ni-valuing and not - who can understand what I say and where I'm coming from. It's typically the insipid reification artists who suck at translating my metaphors into understanding. So fuck off lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He likes to try to "emotionally damage" people, like Gilly does.

And no matter how much he doesn't understand something, yes, he sees it quite fitting for him to go around and yell and bitch and whine and talk big about what he thinks.

I'm not sure if it is quite the same way as Gilly does, but Gilly often tries to present people as "social outcasts" or "uncool" when he's angry or agitated or feeling threatened (which could point to Beta). Ezra did it here, but I don't know if that's his usual MO.
    I think both of their insecurities are just touched on when someone disagrees with them, so they over-compensate with bitchy rants that only detriment the content of the argument.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    maybe it's the controller/supervisor thing and "seeing demagnified advantages and magnified disadvantages" (strrrng and Gilly).
    WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, DEE???!!
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    i had in mind a possibility of Gilly being an LIE, which is a topic for his blog. should i delete that posts?
    lol there's no way gilly isn't Fe valuing
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I owe you no justification whatsoever. My understanding of the functions is highly Ni, meaning I typically think of them symbolically with images.

Good luck with that - just don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post

Wow, we agree for once

I dunno, I know Nick understands the functions to some degree, but he's very bad at explaining them; it requires a lot of patience to make sense of what he's saying in terms of functions sometimes.

It doesn't help that he almost categorically rejects common theories about what functions really are.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotelambush
    don't expect people to take you seriously when you tell them they're Fi because they have personal sentiments or Se because they are aggressive
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, we agree for once

I dunno, I know Nick understands the functions to some degree, but he's very bad at explaining them; it requires a lot of patience to make sense of what he's saying in terms of functions sometimes.
    Actually, the vague explanation wouldn't bother me so much without the "I AM AN ALL-KNOWING SOCIONICS GOD" attitude that goes with it. Sometimes Nick can be very lucid.

don't expect people to take you seriously when you tell them they're Fi because they have personal sentiments or Se because they are aggressive
    LOL, I do what I can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast