Thread: Ezra's Type Blog

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotelambush
    Actually, the vague explanation wouldn't bother me so much without the "I AM AN ALL-KNOWING SOCIONICS GOD" attitude that goes with it. Sometimes Nick can be very lucid.
    Would you mind explaining how I convey that attitude? I think most of the people from stickam would agree that you act that way, specifically in your arguments for Allie's type.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Would you mind explaining how I convey that attitude?
    You tend to dismiss other people's arguments out of hand. You aren't the only one, but you're more of a jackass about it.

I think most of the people from stickam would agree that you act that way, specifically in your arguments for Allie's type.
    Whatever...I've explained myself many times over, without hearing ANY arguments for other typings. The only responses have been:

"So Allie is type X because she is [oversimplified version of what I just said]?" (demonstrated above)

and

"That is superficial and has nothing to do with type."

- Neither of which is remotely worth my time.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the times I dismiss arguments are when I see where they're heading and know that the premise for the argument is shit...so when you bring up some overly-specific, cherry-picked example of, say, Allie's behaviors, and then act as if it is representative of her entire personality/type, I don't really bother to listen.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the times I dismiss arguments are when I see where they're heading and know that the premise for the argument is shit...so when you bring up some overly-specific, cherry-picked example of, say, Allie's behaviors, and then act as if it is representative of her entire personality/type, I don't really bother to listen.
    ok, it's obvious we disagree on this point, but still I have not heard any constructive counter-arguments, from you or anybody else in the chat. That much is necessary to maintain some semblance of rational discussion.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotelambush
    ok, it's obvious we disagree on this point, but still I have not heard any constructive counter-arguments, from you or anybody else in the chat. That much is necessary to maintain some semblance of rational discussion.
    actually, you're the one who came in and rattled the consensus on allie's type. If you're going to do so, you're going to have to provide comprehensive arguments against it, which in my and others' opinions, you did not do at all.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What gives the consensus any power other than people believing it? The existence of a consensus doesn't necessarily imply any legitimacy.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    What gives the consensus any power other than people believing it? The existence of a consensus doesn't necessarily imply any legitimacy.
    That's a big 180 for you, isn't it?

My point wasn't to say that a consensus = truth. I think most of the people on stickam had good reasons for thinking Allie was ENTp, so if hotel was gonna come in claiming she was ISFj, he better have some really good reasoning.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're referring to my adherence to IM definitions and most classical socionics principles, I will say yet again (I don't know how many times I have to say this) that I don't believe in them simply because of the consensus. The IM definitions make sense to me and most of my observations of types tend to coincide with Augusta's Socionics; therefore I see no need, like you and Ashton, to question the entire model and try to start from scratch and base everything I see off of my own observations and correspondence/concurrence with a limited group of like-minded people.

You, however, were asserting that the simple consensus on Allie's type suggests that it is a good typing, that the consensus implies that people have good reasons. I don't really have a strong opinion on Allie's type, honestly, because I haven't really seen any good cases for any typing whatsoever, and my impressions of her are not strong enough to make a serious assertion about her type.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    What can you not comprehend about that statement, Allie? Or are you just reacting to how a human being could do such a thing?

Ezra is my dual again <3
    <3 Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Whoops, why did I think this was B&D's thread...rofl
    roflcopter indeed, Mr. Gilligan. For a moment there, I thought you were turning insane.

I owe you no justification whatsoever. My understanding of the functions is highly Ni, meaning I typically think of them symbolically with images.
    Of course. That's why you have that little curled up snake with rainbows on it for your avatar. Delightful

Nonetheless, I know functions when I see them. Just because I don't explain things in nice, little concrete terms for your insular ESTj brain doesn't mean I don't understand it So, before you decide to throw a little counter-phobic temper tantrum and attempt to be confrontational with me (an actual Se valuer), stick the british cock that you so love back in your mouth and think your shit over, ******.
    lol @ ur getting stressed about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i'm thinking ESE for Ezra now. Se demonstrative (i'm so confident), Ne hidden agenda (i want to realise my potential), merry (?), extraverted.

if he is merry, then ESE, if delta, LSE. imo, his askings for explanation and all may indicate Ti superid. the way he and Minde don't happen much, but alpha Ti-s do a relative amount, might point to merry. Also the way about "my Te is strong" may just be a person looking at own role, which is not so weak in any case.
    Wow, dee. Prophetic. Very prophetic. Question: What the fuck does "the way he and Minde don't happen much" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    He likes to try to "emotionally damage" people, like Gilly does.

You horrid, horrid individual.

Fi base FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111 11

Gilly often tries to present people as "social outcasts" or "uncool" when he's angry or agitated or feeling threatened (which could point to Beta).
    This is actually an interesting observation. I never noticed that before.

From my point of view, I don't think Gilly's felt threatened by anyone here. I'd recognise it if he was seriously going off on one, as he has done with thehotelambush in the past. I think he does, on the other hand, get rather agitated by a lot of the stupidity that comes from people on this forum, such as what Nick says. I don't think he perceives you as stupid as such, Jesse, but he does get agitated by your moralistic impulses and your inability to see (or maybe care about) the reason for people's acting the way they do (whatever it is, there's a clear lack of Fe valuing here).

Ezra did it here, but I don't know if that's his usual MO.
    Why, it's my raison d'&#234;tre, good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    I am so fucking exactly like that as well. I did that today and I brought some real bad unexpected shit on myself. I was blamed for being rude, cruel, overly sarcastic, overly critical for no reason, judgmental, hurtful, wanting (and enjoying) to purposefully hurt others and what not...
    Oh how, my friend, do we find our way through these turbulent, turbulent times?

This is the process which I believe occurs. My Ni is very honed, which allows me to conceptualize things, typically visually, fairly easily and naturally. My Ti, while strongly valued, is more general and broadly focused. So...when I have an Ni understanding of something and am attempting to explain it, and the Ti articulation hasn't been brought into focus enough, it will seem convoluted/vague/etc. Am I making an excuse? hell no. making an excuse implies that you CARE about compensating for a behavior. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't understand me, then fuck you, you're stupid. There are a good number of people - both Ni-valuing and not - who can understand what I say and where I'm coming from. It's typically the insipid reification artists who suck at translating my metaphors into understanding. So fuck off lol
    lol @ u

I think both of their insecurities are just touched on when someone disagrees with them, so they over-compensate with bitchy rants that only detriment the content of the argument.
    Rant? Who rants? Ohhhhh... You do! Oh yeahhhhhhh... Ezra: one - Nick: nil. Awwww rahhht...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ Ezra's pathetic argument style which only further conveys him as counter-phobic 6. Disagreement is followed by a temper tantrum and some subjective judgement of who wins/loses the "argument" lol...why do people always reveal so much...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Of course. That's why you have that little curled up snake with rainbows on it for your avatar. Delightful
    It's the Ashlesha, baby!!! Can't knock it
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

All I know is that I enjoy Ezra, Gilly, Allie, Dolphin. And Herzy...but she left. =(

I'm neutral to Joy, Diana, bionicgoat and most everybody.

I don't like Jessica, Expat, or anybody that is unable to appreciate everything I say just because of how I say things.

If you like somebody that hates you I think that's sad, but I hope who I like is at least neutral to me. Otherwise I'll cry and won't be able to get over it lol j/k I'll be okay.

I realize that realistically yes, this could change over time but for now that's where I stand with everybody and I like that. So I wish we could all just join sides and beat the living shit out of each other already. I'm bored and I like war.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3 Dolphin
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    she doesn't hate him that much does she?
    heh
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    All I know is that I enjoy Ezra, Gilly, Allie, Dolphin. And Herzy...but she left. =(

I'm neutral to Joy, Diana, bionicgoat and most everybody.

I don't like Jessica, Expat, or anybody that is unable to appreciate everything I say just because of how I say things.

If you like somebody that hates you I think that's sad, but I hope who I like is at least neutral to me. Otherwise I'll cry and won't be able to get over it lol j/k I'll be okay.

I realize that realistically yes, this could change over time but for now that's where I stand with everybody and I like that. So I wish we could all just join sides and beat the living shit out of each other already. I'm bored and I like war.
    All this says is that you are comfortable around and enjoy the company of - with the exception of dolphin - members of your own quadra (Beta), while you are both neutral towards and actively disliking of members of Alpha, Gamma and Delta.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Allie loves me. How could she not?
    Because of this:

Allie's <3 of Fe-ISFps on a Spectrum

Dolphin = <3 <-------------------------> h8 = Kam
    Shitfuck. Allie worships me compared to you. Shitfuck.

noo. you'll upset poor emo ezra.
    .x.my.latest.pik.x.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra rofl

Yes she is dolphin

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shitfuck yourself, you trendy bastard. Allie loves me, and she's not Beta either.
    Shitfuck.

4LL13 4 B37411111111111!!!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    You horrid, horrid individual.

Fi base FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111 11
    That's not an ethical statement. It's what happened. Perhaps you should step back and realize how much you are pumping the buzztheme of ethics into your comments about me. It's been growing steadily for a while now. Have you realized that?

This is actually an interesting observation. I never noticed that before.
    Have you ever had a (heated) argument with an ENFj before? It is not unusual. Or even been around one who is opening showing dislike for another person or group? Some ENFjs do it as part of their every day life - it may not mean anything major, but it is not unusual for it to happen. This means: I'm surprised you'd never noticed that.

From my point of view, I don't think Gilly's felt threatened by anyone here. I'd recognise it if he was seriously going off on one, as he has done with thehotelambush in the past. I think he does, on the other hand, get rather agitated by a lot of the stupidity that comes from people on this forum, such as what Nick says. I don't think he perceives you as stupid as such, Jesse, but he does get agitated by your moralistic impulses and your inability to see (or maybe care about) the reason for people's acting the way they do (whatever it is, there's a clear lack of Fe valuing here).
    "Agitated by my moralistic impulses" - ok

Why don't you argue with George about how he sees me as his dual. I'm the "moralistically annoying LSI", and he's the EIE? Well, that sounds interesting.

(heh, did you notice that you were just trying to commandeer his argument about me being LSI into your argument for me being ESI, even though you two are saying different things?)

Why, it's my raison d'être, good sir.
    Is it? What do you mean?

Also:

It seems blatantly obvious that you've been talking to Expat and some other people about my type. Your whole argument for my avatars = Ni is exactly what he said, so you just copied it and stuck it in that thread.

Let me guess, in your time away from this forum, you went to the other forum and posted a lot there, and talked to Expat about me, and then got caught up in his argument, and then decided that you were feeling supervised so you wanted to post it here.

The rest of your comments about how Eastern philosophy is Ni/Se seems quite bogus. Deltas are not interested in spiritual enlightenment? That also seems bogus. The direct quote is:

Deltas are uninterested in spiritual enlightenment in the way UDP is (certainly none of the Deltas on the forum has demonstrated such an avid interest as he)
    What exactly is my take on spiritual enlightenment?
    When did we talk about spirituality?
    What did I say to you?

We never talked, so I don't see how you know anything about my take on spiritual enlightenment. But apparently you think your inferences, reading from various posts over the last few years, are enough to know definitively what my take on spirituality is. I would ask you to tell me what you think "my take on spirituality is", but that's just it, I don't really know what my take on spirituality is. But you would only really understand what I was talking about if you actually spoke with me.

Also, the character that was in my avatar was Japanese and not Chinese.

A lot of things in your post are very... simplistic in nature, and that you've never actually sought to talk to me to ask me about things makes it unappealing for me to go through the thread and discuss each and every matter. You apparently have gone through many of my old posts to find out what you can on the forum, and yet, you've never once pmed me or sought to talk to me outside the forum to understand me, so you observations are limited to reading pieces of text without understanding the author.

But perhaps you could do something useful: Since you seem to "know George" well enough to want to speak for him, then why don't you argue with him about whether or not I'm Fe valuing. He seems pretty dead set that I'm his dual.

Finally, one thing you might want to learn from Expat is that he doesn't go around making type threads about people here on the forum, or talk much about the people he hasn't met irl. Same with Rick.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, why did people choose EII?
    LII

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bacon is so good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    That's not an ethical statement. It's what happened. Perhaps you should step back and realize how much you are pumping the buzztheme of ethics into your comments about me. It's been growing steadily for a while now. Have you realized that?

Have you ever had a (heated) argument with an ENFj before? It is not unusual. Or even been around one who is opening showing dislike for another person or group? Some ENFjs do it as part of their every day life - it may not mean anything major, but it is not unusual for it to happen. This means: I'm surprised you'd never noticed that.

"Agitated by my moralistic impulses" - ok

Why don't you argue with George about how he sees me as his dual. I'm the "moralistically annoying LSI", and he's the EIE? Well, that sounds interesting.

(heh, did you notice that you were just trying to commandeer his argument about me being LSI into your argument for me being ESI, even though you two are saying different things?)

Is it? What do you mean?

Also:

It seems blatantly obvious that you've been talking to Expat and some other people about my type. Your whole argument for my avatars = Ni is exactly what he said, so you just copied it and stuck it in that thread.

Let me guess, in your time away from this forum, you went to the other forum and posted a lot there, and talked to Expat about me, and then got caught up in his argument, and then decided that you were feeling supervised so you wanted to post it here.

The rest of your comments about how Eastern philosophy is Ni/Se seems quite bogus. Deltas are not interested in spiritual enlightenment? That also seems bogus. The direct quote is:

What exactly is my take on spiritual enlightenment?
    When did we talk about spirituality?
    What did I say to you?

We never talked, so I don't see how you know anything about my take on spiritual enlightenment. But apparently you think your inferences, reading from various posts over the last few years, are enough to know definitively what my take on spirituality is. I would ask you to tell me what you think "my take on spirituality is", but that's just it, I don't really know what my take on spirituality is. But you would only really understand what I was talking about if you actually spoke with me.

Also, the character that was in my avatar was Japanese and not Chinese.

A lot of things in your post are very... simplistic in nature, and that you've never actually sought to talk to me to ask me about things makes it unappealing for me to go through the thread and discuss each and every matter. You apparently have gone through many of my old posts to find out what you can on the forum, and yet, you've never once pmed me or sought to talk to me outside the forum to understand me, so you observations are limited to reading pieces of text without understanding the author.

But perhaps you could do something useful: Since you seem to "know George" well enough to want to speak for him, then why don't you argue with him about whether or not I'm Fe valuing. He seems pretty dead set that I'm his dual.

Finally, one thing you might want to learn from Expat is that he doesn't go around making type threads about people here on the forum, or talk much about the people he hasn't met irl. Same with Rick.
    *yawn*

Attack a real argument.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    You have no clue what you're talking about. I have seen Gilly feel threatened in arguments with people; it's just subtle (not an insult, Gilly). Stupidity from what I say lol? Just because I don't give the concrete little details your LSE brain needs...? Give me a break lol

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Listens to the band 'Better Than Ezra.' =p

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What some people call "distance from humanity", I call "distance from idiocy".
    And what some people call "distance from idiocy" I call my not-so-distant fist smashed against your useless face.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity, if you're willing to indulge me, but what's the nature of the argument between you and expat.
    I'm not sure how it started exactly, our posts just began to rub each other the wrong way. We just flat-out don't like each other. I hate his attitude, the way he goes about things. His snootiness, his unwillingness to further explain himself when people don't get him. Him not understanding the point of anything that seems "useless", lack of understanding how he comes off to people, trying to hide his own weaknesses by feigning strength. When asked to challenge his own beliefs and so-called "good " he throws a temper tantrum only it's all the more annoying because he tries to keep his agitation hidden even though it's clear as day.

Analogies seem to be completely lost on him as well, so I won't even go there.

Instead of working with people he just insists how right he is, without providing any verifiable facts.

He does his job just fine although I don't like him. I even drew a funny picture of him hehe.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity, if you're willing to indulge me, but what's the nature of the argument between you and expat. You don't have to answer if it's something you don't want to divulge. Thank you anyway.
    For the record, please note that he mentions me, spontaneously, in his posts some 10 times more often that I mention him. Sometimes I respond if I feel like it, but most of the time I don't bother about him. It's not "an argument between him and me". It's some sort of silly obsession he has, to which sometimes I respond. I think anyone who'd bother to check the record will see this.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    *yawn*

Attack a real argument.
    What a bizarre response.
    As for the yawn, oh yes, I'm quite tired of this as well.

I'm not sure how to "retort"

* "Ok, well, why don't you make a real argument" - that's the cheap thing to say.

* And yet, the whole idea of "making an argument" for someone's type seems pretty foolish. Do you think you are going to convince some judge and jury here? It doesn't matter what you argue, it doesn't influence someone's type.

It influences opinion of types.

That seems to be the real prize.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, regarding the delta spirituality question, Khalil Gibran was INFj was he not?
    I think that's highly possible.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's some sort of silly obsession he has, to which sometimes I respond.
    I don't disagree with this, I do have a strange obsession with you Expat. lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Listens to the band 'Better Than Ezra.' =p
    Yeah, I downloaded an album once out of curiosity. Pretty shit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12