Thread: Timothy Ferris - "The 4 Hour Work Week"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Timothy Ferris - "The 4 Hour Work Week"

For those who have read the book, what type to you think the author (Timothy Ferris) is?

The Book
    Pictures are on his website
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Timothy Ferris

Author of "The Four Hour Work Week". One of the good books I have read so far.

Summary of his book

Q&A on his book:

An overview of his book:

Join Tim Ferriss, popular guest lecturer in entrepreneurship at Princeton University, as he teaches you:

-How to outsource your life and do whatever you want for a year, only to return to a bank account 50% larger than before you left

-How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs

-How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of little-known European economists

-How to train your boss to value performance over presence, or kill your job (or company) if it's beyond repair

-How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent “mini-retirements”

-What automated cash-flow "muses" are and how to create one in 2-4 weeks

-How to cultivate selective ignorance—and create time—with a low-information diet
    Management secrets of Remote Control CEOs

-The crucial difference between absolute and relative income

-How to get free housing worldwide and airfare at 50-80% off

-How to fill the void and creating meaning after removing work and the office

About him:

Timothy Ferriss, nominated as one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Business People of 2007,” is author of the #1 New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and BusinessWeek bestseller, The 4-Hour Workweek, which has been sold into 33 languages.

He has been featured by more than 100 media outlets, including The New York Times, The Economist, TIME, Forbes, Fortune, CNN, and CBS. He speaks six languages, runs a multinational firm from wireless locations worldwide, and has been a popular guest lecturer at Princeton University since 2003, where he presents entrepreneurship as a tool for ideal lifestyle design and world change.

Tim is an active education activist and has architected experimental social media campaigns such as LitLiberation to out-fundraise traditional media figures like Stephen Colbert 3-to-1 at zero cost, building schools overseas and financing more than 15,000 US students in the process. He is on the advisory board of DonorsChoose.org, an educational non-profit and winner at Fast Company’s 2008 Social Capitalist Awards.

Since his debut presentation on The 4-Hour Workweek at the world-famous SXSW Interactive conference on March 12, 2007, Tim has been invited to speak at some of the world’s most innovative organizations, including Google, MIT, Harvard Business School, PayPal, The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Microsoft, Ask.com, Nielsen, Princeton University, the Wharton School, and the Stanford Graduate School of Business. He has also been invited to speak and keynote at world-renowned technology summits including FOO Camp, E-Tech, Supernova, and the Web 2.0 Exposition, where he shared the stage with figures like Eric Schmidt, Chairman of the Board of Google, and Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.

As a professional polymath, he has amassed a diverse roster of credentials and experience:

Princeton University guest lecturer in High-Tech Entrepreneurship and Electrical Engineering
    First American in history to hold a Guinness World Record in tango
    Advisor to more than 30 world record holders in professional and Olympic sports
    National Chinese kickboxing champion
    Glycemic Index (GI) researcher Political asylum researcher and activist
    MTV breakdancer in Taiwan
    Hurling competitor in Ireland
    Actor on hit TV series in mainland China and Hong Kong
    Tim received his BA from Princeton University in 2000, where he studied in the Neuroscience and East Asian Studies departments. He developed his nonfiction writing with Pulitzer Prize winner John McPhee and formed his life philosophies under Nobel Prize winner Kenzaburo Oe. He is 31 years old, and The 4-Hour Workweek is his first book.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first impression of him was ISTp, but I think I just wanted him to be that. I think he's actually an ESTj.

His ideas are pretty Te, and there is a lot of focus on independence to travel, mini vacations, and free time (or at least a choice of how to spend ones time, which is pretty delta).

I like him.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJ. Has Expat eyes.