View Poll Results: Select the Function and/or types that you believe display this trait

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fe Primary

0 0%
  • Fe Creative

1 33.33%
  • Fi Primary

0 0%
  • Fi Creative

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

2 66.67%
  • EII (INFj)

1 33.33%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 33.33%
  • Other

1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What type is able to feel what other people feel in what they write?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type is able to feel what other people feel in what they write?

I have a friend who keeps telling about the way he will read and reread anything he writes to others from the other person(s)'s perspective(s). After someone reads his blog, he will go back and reread what he wrote with the thoughts and feelings he is absolutely sure they had when they read it.

He presumably does this in conversations on the fly as well.

This whole concept is really foreign to me, it seems type related; Fi ego or something?
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    I have a friend who keeps telling about the way he will read and reread anything he writes to others from the other person(s)'s perspective(s). After someone reads his blog, he will go back and reread what he wrote with the thoughts and feelings he is absolutely sure they had when they read it.

This whole concept is really foreign to me, it seems type related; Fi ego or something?
    yes, i do this with everyone.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi and Ne maybe..? I believe I can do it, when I try.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII is actually my guess for this person, so that's encouraging. He also "supervises" the hell out of me on "not being aware of people".
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is sort of a grey area for me. For example, I think this is something I do rather regularly, but I'm not sure it has do with the sort of constancy that you allude to, diljs. In a lot of ways I think this might hinge on what it means really to value Fi or Fe. Does he feel a sense of double-checking or verification when he goes back to reread it from how he thinks this other person might react or does he look at it more in a malleable sense (i.e. I felt this way when I wrote it, I remember how my friend was doing back then, he would have probably seen it this way vs thinking that the person would react more consistently because he has a certain viewpoint on things)? To what extent does he view this all from a static vs a dynamic perspective I guess.

It sort of sounds like an Ne valuing, feeling ego perspective, but I think that kind of empathy in terms of how someone reacts can be either introverted or extroverted in origin. I also wouldn't restrict this view from beta feelers either. I think gamma SFs would be the least likely to participate in this kind of behavior. Let me think on it though, maybe I'm missing something crucial. I usually do.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wikisocion:

"EIIs are very capable of "sizing people up". They rely heavily on their instincts to understand the inner feelings of an individual. They are very empathetic people and find it very easy to feel with others. This makes them very sensitive to the moods of people and they treat them the way they want to be treated, that is, with respect."

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not me
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do this a lot, though I don't feel "absolutely sure" about others' reactions. Its more about giving myself the opportunity to experience myself from the other person's perspective. And I don't really do it in conversation, because I guess i) there's less opportunity to do so (given its real time) and ii) because in real life conversations you can tell their reaction by just looking at them, and also you have more chance to adjust yourself (using voice/tone/body language which isn't available really in writing)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Does he feel a sense of double-checking or verification when he goes back to reread it from how he thinks this other person might react or does he look at it more in a malleable sense (i.e. I felt this way when I wrote it, I remember how my friend was doing back then, he would have probably seen it this way vs thinking that the person would react more consistently because he has a certain viewpoint on things)?
    It definitely feels more "dynamic" in that he's looking back at "oh how did they react to this when they read it?" - seeing it from a different angle rather than his original one. Then again is this just a different "snapshot"? He seems to go through the full flow, line by line, of what they thought/felt as they read it, based on his relationship with the reader, etc.

Now that I think about it, it could be more more of an internal of "objects" (single individuals) rather than "fields".
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it sounds like he is trying to get a sense of the "impact" it will have on them, what it will literally be like to experience being the person receiving the letter. Probably an NF of some sort, I would guess. I would say FeNi/NiFe.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know INFps who do this.
    INTp
    sx/sp

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    wtf? since when does writing have subtext?
    Since always.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Even I do that to a degree. Although I suck at it.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Not me. My own voice too easily drowns out all others. If someone doesn't say their own thoughts or feelings out loud, it's way too easy to imagine them as being what my own would be.

It can sometimes make it difficult to communicate with people who are coming from a very different angle than I am, because I'll say something expecting them to follow my train of thought the way I do, and they don't. And then what they do say isn't anchored from the same starting point as what I said was.
    Amazing. I relate 110%.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Not me. My own voice too easily drowns out all others. If someone doesn't say their own thoughts or feelings out loud, it's way too easy to imagine them as being what my own would be.

It can sometimes make it difficult to communicate with people who are coming from a very different angle than I am, because I'll say something expecting them to follow my train of thought the way I do, and they don't. And then what they do say isn't anchored from the same starting point as what I said was.
    That must lead to a lot of disappointment and failed expectations.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Amazing. I relate 110%.
    As do I, strangely enough, although I can't say it's something I'm proud of.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    wtf? since when does writing have subtext?
    everything does.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a friend who keeps telling about the way he will read and reread anything he writes to others from the other person(s)'s perspective(s). After someone reads his blog, he will go back and reread what he wrote with the thoughts and feelings he is absolutely sure they had when they read it
    This seems to me. Probably NF type as was said before. However it is not clear to me whether it is guided by or guided by .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I added an unreasonably complex poll.
    ILE - Ti.