Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Faking negative Fe

  1. #1
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Faking negative Fe.....

    ...
    Last edited by Suomea; 09-28-2008 at 12:02 AM.
    Suomea

  2. #2
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suomea View Post
    Anyone good at it?......: )
    can you elaborate this? To fake Fe? I don't understand.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  3. #3
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What is fake negative Fe? Purposely acting like an asshole to someone you like?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  4. #4
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    waaah waahh wahh I'm so sad wahhh wahh just give me what I want wahh wahh

    ok thanks, yep I'm fine now
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you mean pretending to be more upset than you actually are?

    I'm sure I could do this if I tried, but why would I want to?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Do you mean pretending to be more upset than you actually are?

    I'm sure I could do this if I tried, but why would I want to?
    because it's silly and fun and in the moment. and the Universe knows you're just having fun.

  7. #7
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can do this if the situation calls for it, but it's definitely not something I like doing.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  8. #8
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I can do this if the situation calls for it, but it's definitely not something I like doing.
    Same. I'll only do it as a last resort if I think the person is totally oblivious to what I'm feeling. But even then, it's more just exaggerating an emotion that the person doesn't seem to be seeing.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  9. #9
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    because it's silly and fun and in the moment. and the Universe knows you're just having fun.
    I had the impression that Suomea was talking about something a bit more manipulative.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  10. #10
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Same. I'll only do it as a last resort if I think the person is totally oblivious to what I'm feeling. But even then, it's more just exaggerating an emotion that the person doesn't seem to be seeing.
    I think it's probably the opposite for me. If someone's completely oblivious to what I'm feeling, I will probably choose to come out and tell them if it is something/someone I deem important or I move on from it if I don't think it is worth it. Exaggerating any type of emotion in order to ellicit a response would feel too much like emotional manipulation.

  11. #11
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I had the impression that Suomea was talking about something a bit more manipulative.
    oh, no then. i don't do that. i'm straight up with my emotions...when i choose to share them at all.

  12. #12
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    I think it's probably the opposite for me. If someone's completely oblivious to what I'm feeling, I will probably choose to come out and tell them if it is something/someone I deem important or I move on from it if I don't think it is worth it. Exaggerating any type of emotion in order to ellicit a response would feel too much like emotional manipulation.
    Yeah, it is manipulative I guess. But I'd only do it as a last resort ... if someone doesn't believe me when I tell them how I feel because I look too calm. I'm thinking of my LSI mother in particular actually, which come to think of it, makes sense because she's Fe-seeking. I can open my heart to her, telling her how i feel, and she just thinks for a second and says "No, that's not right." or something ... just because I guess she's looking for an intensity of passion in my delivery that matches what I'm saying I feel. So I can exaggerate my emotions out of frustration, just to get her to believe that I'm feeling what I say I'm feeling. I hate doing that, but i feel I have to sometimes in order to be understood.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  13. #13
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I didn't really think what you were describing was manipulative, Jem. It seemed more that it was necessary to convey how you were feeling, and amplifying the intensity to sort of get it across because the other person didn't see it or wasn't convinced.

  14. #14
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I didn't really think what you were describing was manipulative, Jem. It seemed more that it was necessary to convey how you were feeling, and amplifying the intensity to sort of get it across because the other person didn't see it or wasn't convinced.
    i see your point as well loki. there is a fine line.......

  15. #15
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I didn't really think what you were describing was manipulative, Jem. It seemed more that it was necessary to convey how you were feeling, and amplifying the intensity to sort of get it across because the other person didn't see it or wasn't convinced.
    I have a Ti dominant ex boyfriend and ex husband, and I'd have to act like this with them in order for them to understand that something was actually wrong. It sucked.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  16. #16
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    when I was in elementary school and high school I would occasionally pretend to be sick so I could take the day off. There was always a strategic element to this as I made sure never to miss a day that was actually important. My little sister (IEI) does this too I've noticed. She conveniently misses the maximum alotted absence slots available to her each semester (but still gets good marks so is completely justified in doing so). The term for such behaviour as this is malingering lol.
    INFp-Ni

  17. #17
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Yeah, it is manipulative I guess. But I'd only do it as a last resort ... if someone doesn't believe me when I tell them how I feel because I look too calm. I'm thinking of my LSI mother in particular actually, which come to think of it, makes sense because she's Fe-seeking. I can open my heart to her, telling her how i feel, and she just thinks for a second and says "No, that's not right." or something ... just because I guess she's looking for an intensity of passion in my delivery that matches what I'm saying I feel. So I can exaggerate my emotions out of frustration, just to get her to believe that I'm feeling what I say I'm feeling. I hate doing that, but i feel I have to sometimes in order to be understood.
    I can see how this would work between people that value Fe. I think you explained it very well. Another difference that jumps out at me is that someone not believing me will cause me to shut down more, rather than increase the intensity of my emotional expression. In these instances, the only thing I can do is show my feelings through actions. I've also noticed that when this happens sometimes I'll go into trying to explain myself in a Te way, which just makes me look really, idk, stiff and unconvincing. I grew up in a family where I was encouraged to show Fe. Like you said, they didn't believe it unless they saw the emotion clearly on my face or through my words. The more they pushed though, the more unable I became in doing so. I did sometimes find myself using Fe in this way to avoid conflict or maybe also to onvercompensate. It did always and still does leave a feeling of "fakeness", of "not me."

  18. #18
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I have a Ti dominant ex boyfriend and ex husband, and I'd have to act like this with them in order for them to understand that something was actually wrong. It sucked.
    This is what I mean. I have had to do it before, which has unfortunately stuck with me. But it never felt "right."

  19. #19
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ... .. .
    Last edited by inumbra; 07-28-2008 at 11:37 PM.

  20. #20
    kensi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Ab, Canada
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suomea View Post
    Anyone good at it?......: )
    any function can be faked....you sometimes do it and you are not aware of it.

    I don't fully know what you mean by negative though.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

  21. #21
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Probably I've done it sometimes out of pure frustration with my LSI father. I mean, we usually get along well, but sometimes he asks me to do things I don't want to do and I don't have time to do - I first try to convey slightly that I cannot do them with a change of my tone of voice, but when he comes back two or three times I can get a bit sick of it
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  22. #22
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    To be clear Loki, I wasn't being critical of Jem's example.
    I didn't think you were...

  23. #23
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I wonder if there's a short cut... like saying "you know how sometimes when I say how I feel, you don't seem to believe me until I'm extremely expressive about it??? I do this on purpose because you don't seem to hear me when I don't. But generally when I say how I feel, it is how I feel, even if it isn't extremely expressive... so I was wondering if we could skip the part where I repeat it and express it more... and just stop at the part where I say how I feel... because it's true... and maybe you could take my word for it? Because although sometimes I may be very expressive, sometimes I can state how I feel in a calm way and at those times I'm sort of straining myself if I try to project more emotion in order to convince you of how I am feeling."
    Do you mind if I steal this speech? But I'd modify it so that it's more declarative. "Let's just skip the part where I say how I feel ...." (c:
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  24. #24
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Suomea; 09-28-2008 at 12:01 AM.
    Suomea

  25. #25
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In that case, I think some children might be good at it... but adults often become so trained to behave themselves, even when their internal thoughts represent the emotional maturity of Donald Duck.

  26. #26
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I feel in the end I am taking advantage of a person in a way... of their good spirits. I mean not a lot of people really want to listen to you just kind of.... exaggerate emotions. It's just silly and easily mocked. Which is why I never understood acting.

    But hey it helps us cure our own pain by making fun of others. So who wants to snark on Dawson's Creek with me?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •