Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Question thread

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the Question thread

ok so here's a thread for posting random interesting thought provoking questions.

If you could have free, unlimited service for 5 years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, masseuse, or personal secretary, which would you choose and why?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll go first: personal secretary hands down. it would be awesome to have an assistant to take care of all the details like phone calls and arrangements and banking and appointments.

ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to choose?

I'd choose housekeeper. I can handle driving, and I'd starve if i have to. But with a good housekeeper at least I can literally come in and start throwing clothes around and not give a fuck about where they land.

That and I can finally just be a slob 24/7 without the consequences.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I have to choose?
    yep. choose baby. you only get one pick. heh.

ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    yep. choose baby. you only get one pick. heh.
    That and i'd choose housekeeper cuz doing the dishes is just so fucking BORING.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That and i'd choose housekeeper cuz doing the dishes is just so fucking BORING.
    yeah i was kinda torn between the housekeeper and the secretary. but i can get my kids to help with the housework.

ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh, I've never found a better reason to have kids!

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-27-2008 at 11:03 PM.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so here's a thread for posting random interesting thought provoking questions.

If you could have free, unlimited service for 5 years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, masseuse, or personal secretary, which would you choose and why?
    oh, i like this! a housekeeper, and actually my hubby is hiring one next week!! yeah!

why? same as LV, i'm a slob, so are we all. but i HATE seeing it a mess. i like things to look neat and clean and bright and sunny, ready for more fun and creativity to happen, but i don't like to do the work of cleaning up after myself.

the cook i am tempted with, but, i am a very picky eater and that would actually be MORE work to deal with the nuances of my tastebuds with someone else cooking. and i'm learning to cook more and more and finding it fun to experiment with my own concoctions. and we're grilling more and that's part of the fun of being together as a family. i sing and dance and the kids help me when i'm cooking...and then we all laugh when it tastes horrible and go get some pizza instead! i'm getting better at it though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh, I've never found a better reason to have kids!
    yeah, that's what hubby says. "i had them to get me the remote." the dishes pile up over here pretty quickly. hubby says "get the kids to do them, that's what they're for." lol i told him before we had kids that i would tell them to say "daddy, are your legs broken?" heehee!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take a good secretary that could do the stuff all the other choices do... Then I'd end up getting married to her...lol j/k

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A secretary would be more practical, but I'm picking the chauffeur because I'm sick of public transport at the moment. Wouldn't have to worry about schedules and stuff.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta go with cook on that one. Trying to gain some weight over here after being the alarmingly skinny guy for a few years.

Housekeeper is tempting, but she would move everything around and I wouldn't be able to find my "carefully placed" items on the floor where I left them.
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd definitely go with the housekeeper because household chores are boring. The other things (cooking and driving) don't bother me so much and can even be fun at times. I would hesitate to have someone to manage my schedule since I like to keep it as flexible as possible. I guess I pretty much dislike the idea of having a schedule at all so I am pretty much in denial of needing one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would pick the most expensive one and exchange their services for cold hard cash.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    Gotta go with cook on that one. Trying to gain some weight over here after being the alarmingly skinny guy for a few years.

Housekeeper is tempting, but she would move everything around and I wouldn't be able to find my "carefully placed" items on the floor where I left them.
    haaaahaaa! yes, me too. i'd actually end up picking up before a housekeeper came over. we're mostly books everywhere. we're a very "pile" home.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    haaaahaaa! yes, me too. i'd actually end up picking up before a housekeeper came over. we're mostly books everywhere. we're a very "pile" home.
    gotta love piles. heh. i go through mine every once in awhile and mostly throw stuff out. so why do i keep the piles? dunno, it's just habit i guess....

ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotta love piles. heh. i go through mine every once in awhile and mostly throw stuff out. so why do i keep the piles? dunno, it's just habit i guess....
    i think the pile thing is an Ne thing. i know other homeschooling moms that i believe are ENFps and they are all pile people too. we had a whole thread all about piles on one homeschooling board.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the pile thing is an Ne thing. i know other homeschooling moms that i believe are ENFps and they are all pile people too. we had a whole thread all about piles on one homeschooling board.
    My 'piles' are not so much piles as mounds. lol If people are coming over, I'll make them into piles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    My 'piles' are not so much piles as mounds. lol If people are coming over, I'll make them into piles.
    haaahaa! yes, yes!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's because piles are the optimal organization method
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. next question for the question thread:

While arguing with a close friend on the telephone, she gets angry and hangs up. Assuming she is at fault and makes no attempt to contact you, how long would you wait to get in touch with her?

my answer: about a week. hopefully this gives her time to cool off and then i can ask, hey, what happened there?

ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    It's because piles are the optimal organization method
    yes. in the physical...i can visualize exactly what is where in each pile.

i remember when started to figure this out, my sis asked me if i was "organized" and i said, yes, very. she looked around my place and started laughing. why was she laughing? i know right where everything is, in my mind.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While arguing with a close friend on the telephone, she gets angry and hangs up. Assuming she is at fault and makes no attempt to contact you, how long would you wait to get in touch with her?

my answer: about a week. hopefully this gives her time to cool off and then i can ask, hey, what happened there?
    argue? close friend? does not compute. my close friends and i see eye to eye or they wouldn't be close friends.

the only one i've done this with is my sis, and only twice as an adult. i waited 1hr. i couldn't stand it, it tore me up inside. if we argued we're both at fault for not being understanding enough to see what the other's perspective was to not get so heated that one of us would hang up on the other.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are two sides to every story. I doubt my friend would be solely at fault. So I would take the time to reconcile with my own responsibility for the argument then contact them. It would depend how frustrated or upset I was to determine how long it would take.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never.
    you sound like my mom. she's that way. and has even done it with close, close family. it's unfortunate, because the relationship is forever altered and ruined. and she now doesn't have any friends...

i use to be that way, like my mom. and then something shifted in me that realized my relationship with this person, if i truly cared about them to begin with, was more important than being "right." it was VERY HARD to do that, being "right" has always been EXTREMELY important to me. but then i'd be sad that i had no friends either....i had to change or be lonely the rest of my life.

saying "i'm sorry, i was wrong, let's work this out" no matter who was at fault, even if i cared about the person, was like torture to me. still is not easy, but i can at least do it sometimes now.

i don't mean to imply this is you or what you do... just that it struck a nerve for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    So you're not difficult to get rid of, then. I can appreciate that quality in a man...

However I think your answer is ridiculous.... :wink:
    Why is it ridiculous?

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Because ending a phone conversation in anger shouldn't qualify as a reason to end a relationship ...
    Hey, who said a relationship would have ended that way?

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    But don't you see? He's not really ending it persay....he's just not gonna call the person back after the fight. Chalk it up to laziness, or just because LV hates initiating. If they initiated, he'd probably make up. But they didn't, and he won't.
    what are YOU IEE now?!

yeah.

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I kind of like fights when both people are passive and introverted. Yes, in certain respects it's an obvious clash that gets in the way but it's so funny because eventually, one person will have enough and cry out telling them how much that person means to them and how could they blablabla and then they'd feel kinda stupid and sheepish for losing that suave, introverted cool.

No matter how stubborn/bullheaded/"introverted" a person is...when you let something fester in for so long it will eventually explode out. And to me since the energy had time to manifest it's way more powerful than anything an extrovert could do...even scary sometimes. I think every successful and powerful person in life has always been an "insecure introverted emo who never felt like they fit in" haha. LOSER POWER!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    ISTps are damn rocks.

But your duals still love you, s'ok. (Did I mention semi-duals?)
    BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!

That is all.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would be stubborn about taking the initiative if the other person was clearly at fault. I'd question how much I mean to the person if they can't swallow their pride for one second and apologise when they're in the wrong for the sake of our relationship. If they're a family member or someone I have to get along with, I would try and make amends after awhile, but the relationship wouldn't be worth it IMO if I felt like I had to do all the groveling. You got to have some self-pride.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting responses to that one. the introverts seem to stick to their guns lol.

ok new question:

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire; after saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?

my answer: my pocketbook. lol.

ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting responses to that one. the introverts seem to stick to their guns lol.

ok new question:

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire; after saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?

Hrm, I really wouldn't care that much about any materials, but I guess if I had to choose, it'd be my laptop. But my laptop exploded last christmas, so moving on i'd say my snowboard.

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG my books would all burn. This thought horrifies me because there would be no way I could get them all out. *shudders* Man, I hope this never happens. I think I need a giant, fireproof safe for my books. I mean some of them are pretty much irreplaceable historical pieces.

One single item. I'd say in my panic would probably grab my purse which has my id and cellphone, etc. That's the most obvious and brainless thing to take. But if I could plan ahead of time and I had the knowledge that this would be the last thing I could take of my things, I would pick the blanket my mom made for me as a kid. It's probably the most irreplaceable item of sentiment that I own. Most of everything else I could replace, or it's loss wouldn't exactly be a tragedy.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok new question:

family photos, computer a close second, oh books too and other sentimental things... everything else is replaceable and it would be fun replacing it all.

something "similar" is happening for us. a leak under the dishwasher has rendered the whole kitchen a disaster. we're getting a whole new kitchen in the next few weeks!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post

OMG my books would all burn. This thought horrifies me because there would be no way I could get them all out. *shudders* Man, I hope this never happens. I think I need a giant, fireproof safe for my books. I mean some of them are pretty much irreplaceable historical pieces.

That was my answer too. I have bookcases and bookcases of irreplaceable (to me) books that would just go up in flames.

Other than that I'd probably grab my purse. It sucks having to replace everything that people identify as 'you' such as IDs.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG my books would all burn. This thought horrifies me because there would be no way I could get them all out. *shudders* Man, I hope this never happens. I think I need a giant, fireproof safe for my books.
    The books would still burn if there was a fire inside the safe. In fact they would probably burn even better in the secure environment. I suppose you could pump all the oxygen out of the safe, then you'd be okay.

This is a tough question, as I'd want my laptop, external hard drive, and wallet. The laptop would probably be the best choice, since credit cards are replaceable but my files are not. The external drive has some other stuff, but the laptop has the crucial things and is also worth a little cash.

I think I'd cram my wallet and phone in my pockets on the way to grab the laptop and external drive. I'm just that much better at grabbing things in burning hypothetical houses.
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my goodness. I just realized. What about my papers? If I left my lappy and my file folder I would lose all my papers. That's literally irreplaceable. I think my papers might take precedence.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my goodness. I just realized. What about my papers? If I left my lappy and my file folder I would lose all my papers. That's literally irreplaceable. I think my papers might take precedence.
    Simple: Hide your laptop outside in a safe. Problem solved!

- Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast