Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill and Hillary Clinton

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I 'd like to think that he is an ILE, he seems like a total jerk more and more, so I am going with Beta NF > ILE for him, Gamma SF for her and Delta Extravert for the author. Pics will tell for sure. (j/k)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I actually thought that the author was something of an asshole. But my guess for the author was either IEE or EII, with strong awareness of , but with it being somewhat undervalued plus valued . This also rightly puts the author at odds with the man in terms of their valued means of information processing, and makes the author more sympathetic to the female, while being critical of the female's use of and lack of .
    Yes, that makes sense. His "she's a real person" comments would then easily be explained by his sharing with her, while at the same time "criticising" her for the low . Despite what he says about her, overall it seems to me that he's more sympathetic to her than to him.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Yes, that makes sense. His "she's a real person" comments would then easily be explained by his sharing with her, while at the same time "criticising" her for the low . Despite what he says about her, overall it seems to me that he's more sympathetic to her than to him.
    I am amazed how you didn't see (realize) this before.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    I am amazed how you didn't see (realize) this before.
    Because I am tired and haven't slept and eaten properly. A nice example of SLI supervising me.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I am tired and haven't slept and eaten properly. A nice example of SLI supervising me.

(funny thing, me neither...)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    where do you get Te dominance?
    I mentioned it in a couple places in my previous post. I also see possible evidence of Ti ignoring (as in the 7th function).

She's most likely Gamma, in any case. And he's Fe/Ti.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    it just struck me as very weak Ne, honestly. i mean, saying she's not a creative thinker etc. i agree with expat that his criticisms of her seemed to be like a type high on Ne criticizing a type with weak Ne.
    I couldn't decide from what was written if it sounded like valued Ne criticizing weak/unvalued Ne or valued Ti criticizing weak/unvalued Ti. It sounds like the author is saying that she's not as into intellectualism/academia as her husband is.

Also, I don't think that her inability to come up with creative solutions is necessarily type related. Like I said, anyone who's that miserable is going to lack creative energy.

I could see a Delta NF seeing an ESI that way though.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    What about this:

The woman: ESI.
    The man: EIE
    I think this works. ESI for her seems really clear to me. I saw him more as IEI, because I got this removed, detached, cold feel to him... BUT his showering others with affection (presenting a public face?) and the author describing him as "anal-retentive" (which I was having difficulty figuring out which type would perceive IEI as anal-retentive) would make sense with EIE. Anyway, I don't really care which Beta NF.

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    I actually thought that the author was something of an asshole. But my guess for the author was either IEE or EII, with strong awareness of , but with it being somewhat undervalued plus valued . This also rightly puts the author at odds with the man in terms of their valued means of information processing, and makes the author more sympathetic to the female, while being critical of the female's use of and lack of .
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Diana's post was awesome.

I still am not convinced of any type for the author.

I saw the author's description of her not being as intelligent as failing to recognize her intelligence (although she simply could be "less intelligent" and it's not type-related). The author sees intelligence as being creative and being able to arrange the world in new ways and being intellectual and jumping over things coming up or going around them (in essence, s/he sees intuition and intellectualism as intelligence -- for instance the husband could read tons of books and fail to really get them but if he mentioned them all the time the author might think it a sign of his intellectualism and intelligence).

Her intelligence is more of the practical kind and the author doesn't seem to recognize this. For one, she doesn't feel the need to flaunt an intellectual air. She reads what she needs to know and uses it for an end. The realm of practical intelligence is complex and advanced, but I don't think the author is looking far enough.

I can see the arguments for the author valuing here. I can see it as, her is weak therefore although she is bright, she is not "very bright." I can see it as observing that although the husband doesn't value , he can easily use it.

But I did get the feeling that the author is much more sympathetic to her than to him. I almost detected a protective feeling towards her. She is a "real person" and she "adores him" and if she were to leave him... The author cares about her and what happens to her. The author seems to see her as trapped with him when he cannot love her because she is addicted to him and because she loves him.

I didn't see the author as really having a problem with her . I think the author wanted her to be free... or sees her as magnificent.

I have difficulty seeing the author as Alpha because although I can see the case for valuing, and valuing... then why is he so sympathetic to her?

I have difficulty seeing the author as Beta because he so clearly doesn't seem to fully understand the husband. (Maybe there is more here that I am missing - well obviously there is much more, that we will never know).

I have difficulty seeing the author as Delta NF because I don't see the author as perceptive enough about what's going on... I could see the argument that the author sympathizes with her more because they share ... but for some reason, I think that the author would understand the husband better if s/he were Delta NF. Unless the husband truly is as cold and heartless as the author describes.

I can't see the author as Gamma because he doesn't understand the wife well enough... for some reason I get the feeling that the author came to understand the wife through much time and observation... but still the author describes her as a sort of foreign exotic entity.

Anyway, if there are sides, I see the author on the wife's side... to protect her from the husband.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that he's in any way addicted to her. I think that he uses her to help enable him. To do good things and bad things, but to enable him. He sees the world in very functional terms. In regard to affection and relationships and conversation, and rewards, punishments and coldness and warmth and praise and thanks and blame and yelling and all those things, these are tools he uses to get people to do what he wants them to do. And his goal is to get everybody to do what he wants them to do. I don't think he draws a lot of distinction among people -- Some people he just feels are more important to him than others. It's a largely functional relationship: I've always said it's a shorthand that she loves [him] and [he] loves [himself], so they have something in common".
    I can't figure out if the husband is really this way... or if this is some valuing interpretation of Beta NF... or what... Actually this seems like dislike of on the author's part. Except... I dislike this as well. Um, anyway.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the description suggests a lot of Fe.

Where are you seeing so much Fe in her?
    the description suggests Fe dual seeking for the man. he doesn't have these emotions himself he radiates them back to the person who has them. i've seen LII liven up this way in the presence of strong Fe again and again.

i went back and read the parts about her again, and yeah, there's really not much Fe there for her. i was more focusing on his reaction/Fe seeking. but she does seem to be able to fill that for him, this is what made me think Fe. perhaps she's reaching into her superid functions?

but what Loki said above about the author's interpretation of the relationship....this is the same thing as what i've been saying....and it would make sense. if the man is LII and the woman is ESI, then perhaps the author is delta NF. perhaps IEE, who supervises ESI and would be supervised by the LII man. you always like your supervisee more than your supervisor, dontcha know. lol.
    Last edited by Blaze; 07-08-2008 at 03:46 AM.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I saw the author's description of her not being as intelligent as failing to recognize her intelligence (although she simply could be "less intelligent" and it's not type-related). The author sees intelligence as being creative and being able to arrange the world in new ways and being intellectual and jumping over things coming up or going around them (in essence, s/he sees intuition and intellectualism as intelligence -- for instance the husband could read tons of books and fail to really get them but if he mentioned them all the time the author might think it a sign of his intellectualism and intelligence).
    Good point. Especially if the author is IEE, with hidden agenda, he might be inclined to see things that way.

Her intelligence is more of the practical kind and the author doesn't seem to recognize this. For one, she doesn't feel the need to flaunt an intellectual air. She reads what she needs to know and uses it for an end. The realm of practical intelligence is complex and advanced, but I don't think the author is looking far enough.
    Yes.

I can see the arguments for the author valuing here. I can see it as, her is weak therefore although she is bright, she is not "very bright." I can see it as observing that although the husband doesn't value , he can easily use it.
    And especially if the author is leading, he might patronizingly judge their respective "intelligences" on how he perceives them using his own leading function.

But I did get the feeling that the author is much more sympathetic to her than to him. I almost detected a protective feeling towards her. She is a "real person" and she "adores him" and if she were to leave him... The author cares about her and what happens to her. The author seems to see her as trapped with him when he cannot love her because she is addicted to him and because she loves him.
    Yes, although one can indeed think he thinks little of her due to his earlier "not very bright" comments. The author's take seems to be, "he's more intelligent, but she's the better person".

I didn't see the author as really having a problem with her . I think the author wanted her to be free... or sees her as magnificent.

I have difficulty seeing the author as Alpha because although I can see the case for valuing, and valuing... then why is he so sympathetic to her?

I have difficulty seeing the author as Beta because he so clearly doesn't seem to fully understand the husband. (Maybe there is more here that I am missing - well obviously there is much more, that we will never know).
    Actually there is a lot more that we can know

I have difficulty seeing the author as Delta NF because I don't see the author as perceptive enough about what's going on... I could see the argument that the author sympathizes with her more because they share ... but for some reason, I think that the author would understand the husband better if s/he were Delta NF. Unless the husband truly is as cold and heartless as the author describes.
    I don't quite agree with that, actually. Maybe the husband is truly as cold and heartless as he describes; but if the author is Delta NF and the husband is Beta NF, we have them in opposing quadras, so contraries or quasi-identicals. It could have happened that initially the author mistook the husband as of being of his own quadra, and then realized he wasn't - but, of course, intepreting that as him being cold and heartless. Which may be unfair, or not. Being a Delta NF doesn't necessarily make you understand or appreciate everyone, especially of the opposite quadra.

I can't see the author as Gamma because he doesn't understand the wife well enough... for some reason I get the feeling that the author came to understand the wife through much time and observation... but still the author describes her as a sort of foreign exotic entity.

Anyway, if there are sides, I see the author on the wife's side... to protect her from the husband.
    Yes, I agree.

I can't figure out if the husband is really this way... or if this is some valuing interpretation of Beta NF... or what... Actually this seems like dislike of on the author's part. Except... I dislike this as well. Um, anyway.
    I think that as far as those descriptions go, this is unanswerable. I do think it's a valuing interpretation of Beta NF; however, the way he puts it, it does make the husband look very bad.

Yet, for the purposes of typing, it is useful. It's the same as, say, an Alpha describing a Gamma NT could put it like this: "he likes correcting other people's erroneous remarks to make them feel stupid, or just to be plain rude. He's arrogant". Maybe the Gamma NT isn't really as bad as that; but the remark is still useful anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    the description suggests Fe dual seeking for the man. he doesn't have these emotions himself he radiates them back to the person who has them. i've seen LII liven up this way in the presence of strong Fe again and again.
    I understand, but as others have pointed out, I think any valuing type - also EIEs or IEIs - could be described in that manner by a valuing type. It's the static annoyed at the dynamic nature of .

went back and read the parts about her again, and yeah, there's really not much Fe there for her. i was more focusing on his reaction/Fe seeking. but she does seem to be able to fill that for him, this is what made me think Fe. perhaps she's reaching into her superid functions?
    To me it seemed that what she does for him is more than .

but what Loki said above about the author's interpretation of the relationship....this is the same thing as what i've been saying....and it would make sense. if the man is LII and the woman is ESI, then perhaps the author is delta NF. perhaps IEE, who supervises ESI and would be supervised by the LII man. you always like your supervisee more than your supervisor, dontcha know. lol.
    I really have a problem with seeing the guy as LII overall, from the description, because of the aspects.

I'm not sure that it's true, generally, that you like your supervisee more than your supervisor as a person, although you may find it easier to have your supervisee around you than your supervisor. But I don't think it's what we're seein there.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure that when I give more information on the couple's identity - and on the identity of the author - many of you will want to throw eggs on my face.

But where I'm coming from is this: of course the author is biased. He is patronizing about the woman's "intelligence" and a bit scared, perhaps, of her use of . He is also perhaps overly critical of the husband's ; that, and his natural "siding" with the woman in the relationship, makes the author see the husband as an asshole. Which may be unfair.

However, in spite of all of the above, the author was presumably describing what he perceived to be true, even if biased, and obviously expecting others to to believe it. So, for instance, the general impression of the wife as being "tougher" than the husband must be something that most people who know them would recognize.

My point is that with all the bias involved, we still manage to see her as ESI, the author as likely Delta NF, and the husband as Beta NF (except for SL, but she also sees him as quadra at least).

I think this is all remarkable, and shows what you can do with socionics - especially with regard to spotting such biases, and knowing where they come from.

And now I hesitate to receive eggs on my face.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we still manage to see her as ESI
    Not that I disagree, but I am curious what makes her ESI > SEE. Is there enough info to throw out SEE-Fi?

And now I hesitate to receive eggs on my face.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I disagree, but I am curious what makes her ESI > SEE. Is there enough info to throw out SEE-Fi?
    Maybe not "throw out", but things like this:

"She's not supple, flexible, or terribly skillful politically. She's brittle, rigid, with the fragility of iron that cracks when you drop it as opposed to steel, which doesn't."
    It seems to me that this kind of thing would be less likely to be said about a SEE than ESI.

Also, what the author keeps mentioning about her is how he sees her low . Sure, perhaps an IEE - if that's the author type - would also say that about a SEE; but, overall, I just think that ESI for her fits the general picture better than SEE.

Perhaps the most cautious answer - and thus less likely to be wrong - would be Joy's: Gamma SF for the woman, and Fe/Ti quadra for the man. But I do think we can go beyond that and say ESI and EIE as likely.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Perhaps the most cautious answer - and thus less likely to be wrong - would be Joy's: Gamma SF for the woman, and Fe/Ti quadra for the man. But I do think we can go beyond that and say ESI and EIE as likely.
    Yeah, I said that like an hour before Joy even read this thread.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI (not very healthy kind of, but could also be that the descriptor is of a type which does not value the strenght of hers) for her, ILE for him

edit: EIE? Maybe a very unhealthy kind of, but I don't think EIEs need to reiceve emotions from the outside in order to "mirror" them; that seems to be more of a characteristic of logical types
    Last edited by FDG; 07-08-2008 at 11:24 AM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, here's some more information.

The author's type is the subject of this thread:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=19721

His descriptions are quoted at length in the book A Woman in Charge by Carl Bernstein.

For VI purposes, here's a picture of the couple the author was talking about:

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

By the way, it would be too easy to dismiss those descriptions as the product of Morris's bias. Bernstein interviewed tons of people, many of whom are quoted, and the portraits he paints are not that different from the Morris description. I thought it was useful because it was quoted at length in the book, so it provides a consistent description from the PoV of one individual.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the most cautious answer - and thus less likely to be wrong - would be Joy's: Gamma SF for the woman, and Fe/Ti quadra for the man.
    I actually thought she sounded EJ and that Te dominance and Ti ignoring could make sense. The description of her does clearly sound like an outsider's view of Gamma though.

I was wondering why everyone was seeing Fi in her? Just because she stays with a man that she's not happy with? I agree that the description sounded Fi valuing, but I don't remember reading anything that would suggest strong Fi.

If the primary reason is that the author doesn't think of her as being into intellectualism/academia so she must be an ethical type, it's a very poor one.
    SEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I actually thought she sounded EJ and that Te dominance and Ti ignoring could make sense. The description of her does clearly sound like an outsider's view of Gamma though.
    I actually thought Hillary was a possible ENTj. I guess Gamma rational makes the most sense for her.

As for mr. Jazzman, I always thought he was Alpha and probably ESFj, but I don't know, now I think EIE is a LOT more likely. Maybe even ILE.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering why everyone was seeing Fi in her? Just because she stays with a man that she's not happy with? I agree that the description sounded Fi valuing, but I don't remember reading anything that would suggest strong Fi.
    It's not so much "strong " as such as that she seems clear -valuing, strong , and weak .

If the primary reason is that the author doesn't think of her as being into intellectualism/academia so she must be an ethical type, it's a very poor one.
    No, it's that the author seems to be strong in and what he was describing could be seen as weak in both and . The "bang her head on the wall" thing is often how ego types are perceived by those with stronger than .

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually thought Hillary was a possible ENTj. I guess Gamma rational makes the most sense for her.

As for mr. Jazzman, I always thought he was Alpha and probably ESFj, but I don't know, now I think EIE is a LOT more likely. Maybe even ILE.
    Well, if she's ISFj, then we have either Illusion if he's ENFj, or Conflict if he's ENTp. I think Illusion makes more sense than Conflict.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Illusion makes more sense than Conflict.
    I agree.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not so much "strong " as such as that she seems clear -valuing, strong , and weak .

No, it's that the author seems to be strong in and what he was describing could be seen as weak in both and . The "bang her head on the wall" thing is often how ego types are perceived by those with stronger than .
    I do see those points. I still think that when someone's life situation sucks as much as the author describes her life situation sucking, I would expect any type to lack creative energy and "bang their head on the wall". If I saw one thing in his description of her weaknesses that I thought was probably type related it was evidence of the EJ temperament under extreme stress (rationality in general could work I suppose).

And I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like for a Te dominant to be in such stressful circumstances without having his/her dual seeking function fulfilled. I'd say it would be absolutely amazing if a Te dominant in her situation didn't have a mental breakdown.

Strong Se hadn't stood out to me either (though she was clearly described as Se valuing). I don't remember reading anything in that passage that wouldn't be explained just as well (if not better) by an EJ temperament than by Se ego.

Anyways, I'm not trying to make a case for her type because I don't know much about her besides what I read in that passage. I just know that I saw myself in darker times when I read that (which of course doesn't necessarily make her the same type I am), and I didn't think that what the author said about her not being a "creative thinker" necessarily suggested that she's not an intuitive or logical type. (This is particularly true if the author is IEE and Bill is ILE. Not that I'm suggesting he is.) I was just curious as to why people were seeing ESI > LIE (especially considering the bias in the author's description), and that question has been answered.
    SEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if she's ISFj, then we have either Illusion if he's ENFj, or Conflict if he's ENTp.
    And if she's SEE (or LIE), would SEE-ILE (or LIE-ILE) make any sense? What do you think?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if she's SEE (or LIE) would SEE-ILE (or LIE-ILE) make sense? What do you think?
    Super-ego or quasi-identical, then.

From the point of view of the relationship, I think super-ego might work. Quasi-identical -- in principle I'd say no, but in the precise case of him as ILE and her as LIE it might. But I really think that original description makes a good case for the - thing to be working. Which, in married couples, would go a long way towards keeping them together.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if she's SEE (or LIE), would SEE-ILE (or LIE-ILE) make any sense? What do you think?
    I think LIE for her and ILE for him could make sense (based solely on that passage) if the author is IEE. The author's description could essentially be saying "I respect his Ne, but I'm appalled by his lack of Fi. Even though I don't see as much Ne in her, at least she values Fi". The way he talks down about her could make as much sense for a relation of benefit as it does supervision.
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Joy: I do see your points. We have to consider the "matrix":

- the author's description of each of them individually
    - the author's description of their relationship
    - how the author's own type (and other personal reasons) may be influencing the previous two.

I think that IEE for the author, ESI for her and EIE for him, with a very long-term relationship of Illusion and with the Aggressor-Victim thing working, fits all the evidence in that description, and it's not inconsistent with what we know of them otherwise. But of course there will be other possibilities. I just think this one works best overall.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we have:

1. EIE - ESI illusion > 2. ILE - SEE super-ego > 3. ILE - LIE quasi-identical

from the point of view of an IEE, ? ...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super-ego or quasi-identical, then.

From the point of view of the relationship, I think super-ego might work. Quasi-identical -- in principle I'd say no, but in the precise case of him as ILE and her as LIE it might. But I really think that original description makes a good case for the - thing to be working. Which, in married couples, would go a long way towards keeping them together.
    I wonder if their relationship isn't more about their careers than the actual relationship itself.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Joy: I do see your points. We have to consider the "matrix":

- the author's description of each of them individually
    - the author's description of their relationship
    - how the author's own type (and other personal reasons) may be influencing the previous two.

I think that IEE for the author, ESI for her and EIE for him, with a very long-term relationship of Illusion and with the Aggressor-Victim thing working, fits all the evidence in that description, and it's not inconsistent with what we know of them otherwise. But of course there will be other possibilities. I just think this one works best overall.
    Well, you probably know more of them otherwise than most people here.
    SEE

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahaha! Good one Expat...didn't see that one coming. I think ESI/EIE makes a lot of sense for the Clintons. I didn't know Morris was IEE.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if their relationship isn't more about their careers than the actual relationship itself.
    That's not how it really comes across in his descriptions, imo. There is more going on there.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not how it really comes across in his descriptions, imo. There is more going on there.
    Joy was not referring to the description, and while there are some (personal) relationship dynamics going on between the two of them they are still not the focus of their relationship, and that's what Joy was implying, imo.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think that there's more going on there, but I also have a strong suspicion that they would have divorced a LONG time ago if not for their careers in politics. The stuff in the description about how she was codependent with him was something I could relate to as well. (As in, if you're not getting Fi and you don't feel like you have the option of ending the relationship, you'd do whatever you had to in order to get anything that even remotely resembles Fi.)
    SEE

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think that there's more going on there, but I also have a strong suspicion that they would have divorced a LONG time ago if not for their careers in politics. The stuff in the description about how she was codependent with him was something I could relate to as well. (As in, if you're not getting Fi and you don't feel like you have the option of ending the relationship, you'd do whatever you had to in order to get anything that even remotely resembles Fi.)
    Makes sense.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. I always thought Hilary was ESTj (for no particularly good or well thought out reason).

Although now that we know Bill is the EIE in question... hmm... he is a remarkably narcissistic individual... all we see is his public face... I tend to see him as warm, affectionate, compassionate, womanizing, narcissistic, charismatic, large ego (though not necessarily arrogant). I liked him mostly as a president because I felt he was very compassionate, which I seem to think is the most important trait in a leader (not because I've actually evaluated this and how naive it may be ). For some reason I didn't see him as ... but I have not looked closely... yet valuing and beta make a lot of sense... and he doesn't seem enough for SLE.

This was interesting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast