Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 55

Thread: Favorite Flavor of Ice Cream

  1. #1
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Favorite Flavor of Ice Cream

    It is time for Alpha forum to get serious, which is why we need serious topics that appeal to our shared sense of . This will be the first among many similar threads. What are your TOP 5 favorite flavors of ice cream?

    1. Coconut
    2. Bailey's Irish Cream
    3. Cinnamon
    4. Butter Pecan
    5. Banana (5th is generally subject to change)

  2. #2
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i bought some root beer float and peach pie yesterday. mmmm mmmm no, not in the same container... and today bought some choc chip cookie dough. they are making a great variety lately. i used to only get vanilla and doctor them up myself. but this way is easier.

    the root beer float reminds me of my childhood. i was eating it outside right out of the container as i watched my kids swim in the little plastic pool in the backyard. it tastes just like the floats we made as a kid.
    Last edited by dbmmama; 07-07-2008 at 06:40 AM. Reason: remembered

  3. #3
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i bought some root beer float and peach pie yesterday. mmmm mmmm no, not in the same container... and today bought some choc chip cookie dough. they are making a great variety lately. i used to only get vanilla and doctor them up myself. but this way is easier.

    the root beer float reminds me of my childhood. i was eating it outside right out of the container as i watched my kids swim in the little plastic pool in the backyard. it tastes just like the floats we made as a kid.
    OMG! i DO put a lot of smileys in my posts.

  4. #4
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh yeah, i LOVE malt. i make a banana split type thing with choc syrup, banana, malt and vanilla ice cream and sometimes add some raspberry jam...

  5. #5
    confused84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Vintage Vanilla with Cookie Dough Biscuit like Pieces.

    http://www.answers.com/topic/ice-cream-sandwich

    But in a bowl.
    Last edited by confused84; 07-08-2008 at 04:50 AM.

  6. #6
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confused84 View Post
    Vintage Vanilla with Cookie Dough Biscuit like Pieces.

    http://www.answers.com/topic/ice-cream-sandwich

    But in a bowl.
    when the ice cream truck comes through our neighborhood, i always get the choc chip ice cream sandwich with choc chips on the outside.

  7. #7
    confused84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Waffle cones taste nice but you can fit more ice cream into a bowl.

    Dilemma (which would you choose):
    1. waffle cone;
    2. or, bowl.

    (No breaking the waffle cone into bits and sticking them in a bowl with ice cream. That's cheating!)

    Bowl for me and no ice when I have cold drinks


    Seinfeld Moment

    ALTON: Sit down. Want a drink?

    JERRY: Sure.

    ALTON: (Summons waiter) What do you have?

    JERRY: (To waiter) I'll have a cranberry juice with two limes.

    GEORGE: And, I'll have a club soda with no ice.

    ALTON: (Gives both Jerry and George a look) I'll have another Scotch with plenty of ice.

    GEORGE: You like ice?

    ALTON: Huh?

    GEORGE: I said, do you like ice?

    ALTON: Like it?

    GEORGE: Don't you think you get more without it?

    ALTON: (Pauses) Where's Elaine?

  8. #8
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    God, George is my husband... an exaggerated version, but yes, yes.

  9. #9
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My icecream preferences aren't static. I go with what I feel like. (c:

    Do they make lemon icecream? I feel like something sour ...
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  10. #10
    confused84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    My icecream preferences aren't static. I go with what I feel like. (c:

    Do they make lemon icecream? I feel like something sour ...

    How bout Lemon Sorbet.

  11. #11
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confused84 View Post
    How bout Lemon Sorbet.
    Don't know if Logos will accept mentions of sorbet in his icecream thread.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  12. #12
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. Coconut
    2. Tigertail
    3. Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough
    4. Butterscotch Ripple
    5. Chocolate

    If I could put in a sorbet, sorbet in general would go before CCCD and shift everything down a place.
    Last edited by Wynch; 07-07-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: mune's a bum
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  13. #13
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My all-time favorite is Ben & Jerry's Half Baked (Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Creams with Fudge Brownies & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough).

  14. #14
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. Chocolate
    2. Chocolate
    3. Chocolate
    4. Chocolate
    5. Chocolate
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  15. #15
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    OMG! i DO put a lot of smileys in my posts.
    Fe Fe :-)

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  16. #16
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Don't know if Logos will accept mentions of sorbet in his icecream thread.
    yeah really.

    my list:

    1. Oregon Blackberry Swirl (it only comes out once a year mmmmmmm)

    2. Vanilla

    3. Chocolate Chocolate Chip with brownies

    4. Peach

    5. Coconut

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  17. #17
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    My all-time favorite is Ben & Jerry's Half Baked (Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Creams with Fudge Brownies & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough).
    this sounds so good. hadn't seen it yet! gotta try it....*wanders off to find wallet*

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  18. #18
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    this sounds so good. hadn't seen it yet! gotta try it....*wanders off to find wallet*
    You won't regret it. Man, I haven't had some in a while. *thinking about finding wallet*

  19. #19
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    You won't regret it. Man, I haven't had some in a while. *thinking about finding wallet*
    cellulite be damned....hahahaha

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  20. #20
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1.Chocolate
    2-5. Any variation on chocolate
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  21. #21
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Look at all of you chocolate whores. Man, find another aphrodisiac.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  22. #22
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    cellulite be damned....hahahaha
    come on SL, we can workout together and it'll be fun! i'm not a taskmaster, i want working out to be fun. whatcha think? it's great to eat that icecream and just do some fun dancing to work it off later.

  23. #23
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    come on SL, we can workout together and it'll be fun! i'm not a taskmaster, i want working out to be fun. whatcha think? it's great to eat that icecream and just do some fun dancing to work it off later.
    Nah, thanks...just the icecream is more fun. J/K, I'll be playing tennis later, plus I never did get the icecream in the first place.

  24. #24
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Three people with coconut on their top five? That would seem to be somewhat odd considering that coconut often is a "love it or hate it" food and flavor.

  25. #25
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Three people with coconut on their top five? That would seem to be somewhat odd considering that coconut often is a "love it or hate it" food and flavor.
    agreed, im on the hate it side. textures in food are very important to me. i don't like nuts for the same reason. flavor is good, but the texture....eeee!

  26. #26
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    Nah, thanks...just the icecream is more fun. J/K, I'll be playing tennis later, plus I never did get the icecream in the first place.
    tennis, yeah, fun! get the icecream after.

  27. #27
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My parents just got Purity's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Explosion, and it's probably some of the best ice cream I've ever had. Way better than normal cookie dough ice cream (which usually seems promising but fails to live up to the anticipation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  28. #28
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    come on SL, we can workout together and it'll be fun! i'm not a taskmaster, i want working out to be fun. whatcha think? it's great to eat that icecream and just do some fun dancing to work it off later.
    i need motivation badly...and someone to help me plan the details of my workout plan. i'm so out of shape.....it will be painful to start working out again, too. but yeah i bet you are totally motivational. so, MOTIVATE ME!!! :-) *goes off to buy lunch* LOL

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  29. #29
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    1. Coconut
    2. Tigertail
    3. Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough
    4. Butterscotch Ripple
    5. Chocolate

    If I could put in a sorbet, sorbet in general would go before CCCD and shit everything down a place.
    I'm more or less ice cream deprived so it's hard for me to think up five different flavors here. Number one would have to be cake batter flavored ice cream, then of course I love my cookie dough. Basically I like all ice cream that involves tossing in stuff you should be baking but are too damn lazy to do so.

    Also, I found the typo in the above post very endearing. Maybe that's like some kind of weird Canadian slang I've never heard of?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  30. #30
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Neapolitan or strawberry.

    /end.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  31. #31
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I'm more or less ice cream deprived so it's hard for me to think up five different flavors here. Number one would have to be cake batter flavored ice cream, then of course I love my cookie dough. Basically I like all ice cream that involves tossing in stuff you should be baking but are too damn lazy to do so.

    Also, I found the typo in the above post very endearing. Maybe that's like some kind of weird Canadian slang I've never heard of?
    Go fuck yourself
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  32. #32
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Go fuck yourself
    That would require time and yoga classes I just simply cannot afford right now. I'll put it on the 'to do' list.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  33. #33
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    That would require time and yoga classes I just simply cannot afford right now. I'll put it on the 'to do' list.
    You are oh so slick mune. I admire your candor.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  34. #34
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    You are oh so slick mune. I admire your candor.
    I doff my hat to you as well, gentle sir.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  35. #35
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm amazed you can type, mune. I mean if your hands are so crippled that you must resort to yoga for self-satisfaction then it's surely a miracle that you can communicate on the internets.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,101
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Butter pecan
    Mint chocolate chip
    English toffee and caramel something (i don't remember the name)
    Cookie dough
    chocolate or vanilla.

  37. #37
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    I'm amazed you can type, mune. I mean if your hands are so crippled that you must resort to yoga for self-satisfaction then it's surely a miracle that you can communicate on the internets.
    Yeah, I'm pretty much a prodigy, but if you're after an autograph it will have to wait. I'm kind of...busy right now.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  38. #38
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty much a prodigy, but if you're after an autograph it will have to wait. I'm kind of...busy right now.
    You, sir, are delightful.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  39. #39
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    You, sir, are delightful.
    And you, miss/lady/madam/robotic humanoid, are a unique little snowflake.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  40. #40
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really enjoy fruit-flavored ice creams as well (banana, peach, strawberry), but I prefer that they are made with fresh fruits, and generally do not like buying them in cartons. I also love homemade ice cream, especially a day or so after it has been in the freezer for the night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •