Thread: A Call to ENFp's

Creepy-

Default A Call to ENFp's

I’m curious about IEE’s outlooks on life, love, and beyond. The convo in the “Call to ISTp’s” thread got some discussion going about SLI’s, and now I’m curious... so what’s the deal with you ENFp people?

To be fair, I'll quote the questions thePirate posed:

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    How do you see the world?

Share your thuoghts, views, interest, life philosophies here.

My goal is to understand, and get a better grasp of where you are coming from.

In essence: Spill your guts out
    So, IEE's, now's the time to spill your guts

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I’m curious about IEE’s outlooks on life, love, and beyond. The convo in the “Call to ISTp’s” thread got some discussion going about SLI’s, and now I’m curious... so what’s the deal with you ENFp people?

To be fair, I'll quote the questions thePirate posed:

So, IEE's, now's the time to spill your guts
    I think this pretty much sums it up pretty well: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IEE_domain

And this: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=18653

Quote Originally Posted by tereg
    Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    To the dream, I would like to add a light-hearted games of chess, wine and cheese night, one person reading and another working on a project (mostly silently, but with an occasional quiet remark), jogging/hiking/or taking walks, a mostly grounded and stable life, but one in which there is freedom to think or do things in a new way if, no stagnation, constant self growth but in a way that support eachother, like two plants thriving in sunlight but still intertwined. knowing exactly what to expect from someone, yet being surprised occasionally by their brillance or their outlook or opinion, things being pleasant in general. People you don't ever have to explain yourself to twice, who probably know what point you're trying to make before you open your mouth.

A place that when you're away, makes you feel warm and you don't know why, but don't care why either. An effortless understanding of others in a deep way that doesn't require "work" but feels like you're accomplishing something great just by understanding eachoher's quirks.

Also, playing sports badly but for fun. And flowers.
    *melts*

That. That is it. Right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2
    The closest I can come is an atmosphere of emotional closeness, a sense that anything and everything can be shared without being judged, being so much on the same wavelength that words fail to capture what this person means to you or you to them, a serene place to relax, safely, where things not said might still be intimately communicated with a touch.
    *closes eyes* *deep breath*

I can't even begin to tell you what it feels like when I feel that sense of harmony with ONE person, let alone a group of people.

There's something about talking to someone, where it almost feels like you're talking to yourself. They get you. They understand why you're saying what you're saying. They suggest something to you and it appeals to you every time. You open up in such a way where there is no fear... there isn't an awkward wtf, ok, that's weird feeling eminating from them. They understand your essence.

You can explain something to them, maybe something that you don't talk about very much (maybe things that are misunderstood anytime you bring it up) and know... just KNOW that they're going to understand exactly what you're saying.

There isn't any fear of some suggested activity being out of my comfort zone. There's complete trust in the people around you.

That is my dream setting.

Edit: It's almost like you and the people you're with are speaking a different language than what you use with the rest of the world. Where everyone fully understands one another.
    And this: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=18859

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I said this in another thread, but the quality of being able to pursue a dream with no fear (fear of failure, fear of other people's criticisms, etc) and with a single-minded focus and determination is a quality I both admire and find extremely fascinating. And I say that because I find it both difficult and challenging to actually pursue something with this kind of mindset. It requires a lot of self-confidence, determination and drive.

Having said that, what typically happens with my dreams is they often will be in a state of "I would love to _____ (insert dream here)." I have a handful of these dreams that are in this state.

I'll give you one example. I would love to take up cello. What prevents me from actually doing that at this point in my life is

1) Finances for buying/renting a cello and paying for lessons (I think if I taught myself cello I wouldn't get very far) and probably not having those kinds of resources right now

and

2) The time that I think I'd need to dedicate to practice in order to
    grow in skill. I'm not 100% sure that I can dedicate what is probably required to grow and not allow it to become just another interest that I had a mild interest in, but got put aside.

And therein lies the problem, generally, with pursuing dreams (at least in my particular case). Whenever I am actively pursuing an interest of mine, I struggle in maintaining a consistency of dedication that would allow me to raise my talent level in that discipline. I start doing something, pursuing it, and either something else grabs my attention, or I start to get frustrated with the project, or I get burned out by overindulging myself with the project. In any case, my attention starts wandering around, and I find something else that piques my interest. And when I abandon something, part of it is also because I no longer think that I can effectively dedicate an adequate amount of time to the activity. And because I can't dedicate what I think is required, I might as well not bother going at it like 50% of the way. I generally feel that I can't really do much if I'm doing something with that kind of mindset, so I just put it aside.

Now, one advantage of actually pursuing something is it alleviates the laundry list of things that I want to do (at least it does that somewhat). If I finish something I've been wanting to do for a while, that means that I don't have to worry about it and have it somewhere in my mind. It's finished.

Really, what it comes down to is what do I think I can handle if I pursue something. Will I be able to dedicate enough to it? How do I think I'll handle adversity in the dream if it comes? Will I fall by the wayside or will my resolve be strong enough? If I can answer affirmatively towards being able to do it, I'm going to go for it. If not, that's ok, I will put it aside and revisit it later.

Another downside is, of course, cramming my head with too many of these dreams, if I don't feel I can pursue any of my dreams at any given time. They start piling up and then it becomes "Ok, which one do I do first?" That's a bit frustrating.

But, pursuing a dream with no fear is a liberating experience, even if I can have that "no fear" attitude for a brief period of time. Pursuing dreams allows for me to liberate myself from a mired depth of inadequacy and whatever other things drag me down.

The key is finding that consistency, finding that resolve, finding that determination.
    Hope that helps.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jewels' dream - this sounds like Heaven to me as well. Is this not what everyone in the world dreams of?
    Interestingly enough, LokiVanguard had the same thought:

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Woah. This sounds awesome.

Edit: I thought everyone wanted this. Now I see I am very wrong

If your - Tereg's - post is IEE, then I can so see that as my dual. *sigh*
    For some reason I feel compelled to use some quotes that were contained in a movie/epic that I watched this weekend.

Every man has his own destiny: The only imperative is to follow it, to accept it…
    …no matter where it leads him.

Henry Miller

And in the sweetness of Friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.
    For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.
    Kahlil Gibran

The human heart refuses to believe in a universe without a purpose.
    Immanuel Kant

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere 'being'.
    Carl Jung
    I'm not sure I'm supposed to say anything with these quotes, but it was just something that I thought might be appropriate to use here.

Edit: Others...

Free from desire, you realize the mystery
    Caught in desire, you see only the manifestation
    Lao Tsu

Anxiety is love's greatest killer.
    It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.
    You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic.
    Anais Nin

Before the beginning of great brilliance and beauty there first must be a period of complete chaos.
    I Ching
    Last edited by tereg; 07-07-2008 at 07:04 AM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx